Devs we need to talk about Atomic

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dynagirl, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

I just want the effect to be similar to FIrestorms and not green. Green screams chemical waste. I want brilliant atomic.
    • Like x 1
  2. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Atomic powers must be at top of all recognizable by players those just entered into the game. What could give better feeling of radiation & stuff like that that yellow-green tint. We have radioactive barrels, those are green colored with yellow symbol (& outbursts from them are green too). We have green-colored radioactive waste. We have NPC with Atomic powers, those are green. Additionally almost in an every single game, comic or toon any radioactive stuff or radiation is green-colored too. Thus l propose next palette for atomic powerset:
    1. GREEN
    2. YELLOW
    3. BLACK
    It'll well synergy with mah toon:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  3. ErnieB Loyal Player

it's based of a fire character, I think you're safe on that end o_O
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

NO make it GREEN DEVS as the power should be by its type
    why should someones auras matter
    • Like x 2
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

there is only one true green in the game and its only on the hero side currently as nature is like a green orange
    • Like x 1
  6. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

All you Orange loving people

FIRE is that way ->
    • Like x 1
  7. Veritasum Loyal Player

I always think blue when I hear atomic.

But the peeps over at the Hadron Collider illustrate proton smashing thus:

[IMG]

Just sayin.
  8. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

dps side and tank side both have two different colors everybody wins

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  9. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Fire 2.0 here we go :D
    • Like x 2
  10. Dynagirl Committed Player

I don't want atomic to be ORANGE because of my auras. I want it to be ORANGE because atomic should be ORANGE!
    • Like x 4
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

lol that's just a opinion, as is mine except that there are already atomic animations in game and that there is already a history of green and i also support green as i want a true power thats green other than light.
    side note: only copied size and colors you used for giggles :D
    • Like x 2
  12. Dynagirl Committed Player

LOL! In game animations mean nothing! Were you here at beginning? Do you remember what the in game animations for quantum were when dcuo launched? They were purple and looked nothing like what we have now and guess what when the players got it the in game animations for npcs changed too. As for the history of "green", please enlighten me to what you are referring to. I know more dc ORANGE atomic characters than green ones.
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I to want the power to be orange or yellowish orange...

We have 3 green powersets and two of those can be used on villain side...

Ignoring or trying to pretend that that munitions and nature aren't green powers doesn't matter

The fact is they are ...

All the explosions in munitions are green light green yes but still green

Nature the plants are all pretty green

Both powersets weapons are green when fired

Those power sets are in fact green regardless what anyone wants to argue

We 1 power set that is kind of orange ... But at one time fire was actually considered to
    Be dcs red power. Even its weapon combos are red...that is until rage came out

The fact they've used green historically in the game to represent atomic ... Do we know for sure that's what that was ? Doesn't matter quantum was a different color previously and they changed it ...so it's not a stretch for them
    To make atomic orange even if it was previously used as green

I'd be down for the "make atomic green for villains and orange for heroes" movement

But if it comes down from one or the other I want orange
    • Like x 1
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yes I was here at the beginning of the game also. just because the quantum animations changed doesnt mean there has to be a precedent for them all to change.. Darken the light posted pic of NPC's already in game using atomic powered animations in a post on the first page giving a idea of what the power might look like. also there are many examples in ace chemicals and bludhaven to support the power type.

you are free to want orange if you like as I am free to want green but inevitably its up to the devs to decide on what they will do.. I hope you get what your wanting on one hand yet I also want it to be green to satisfy my side we will have to wait and see the outcome

P.S. we could also have a happy compromise with each role being a different color would be a nice addition to the game
  15. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Following your logic, what color will water be? I mean, if you are a blue loving person....quantum is that way ->

Choosing the color based on other colors already in the game is nonsense. Choosing the color for what the power is indeed is the best choice, and the power is based on Firestorm....so.....sorry :(
    • Like x 1
  16. YinChakra Dedicated Player

#AtomicWillNOTBeGreen
    • Like x 2
  17. Perseus Chase Committed Player

True but "3" different shade of green are enough to make atomic orange :)
  18. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Coulda sworn that was rage... comparing the tanks at least!
    • Like x 2
  19. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Hadn't thought about it. The devs are always bringing something new with the powers. Rage had the rage mechanic, celestial's unique combos. It's possible that they pick 2 colors, one for each tree.
    I still want orange, but I see a small possibility of 2 colors.
    • Like x 1
  20. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Well :p if atomic was supposed to be healing power and atomic is going to be self heal tank too and orange, that's why I say Fire 2.0
    I guess and hope it's not going to be like that, but time will say.

BTW I love your signature :p it's awesome
    • Like x 1