Coming Soon: Bonus Qwardian Crowns Weekend!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morsy808 Committed Player

And spend money on resets to fund more money grabs and ways to screw up the game even more?

!!!!!!!NO THANKS!!!!!!
    • Like x 2
  2. Neidler123 Dedicated Player

Did everyone miss the part where the event will be back next year?
    Save those crowns
  3. Rubsarb Level 30

The same could be said about people who dislike grinding hours and hours a day. Would it be considered a disadvantage to have a full time job since anyone gainfully employed would not nearly have as much time as others who don't? Also, is it really "hard work" though? It's only hard if you decide to nail a feat like "salvage 5000 items" in a week or so. Some of the feats are meant to take a while to complete; but after you do, you reap the benefits. A majority of the feats are achieved along the way when completing content. I've been playing DCUO for almost 5 years now and I've literally been through everything everyone's talking about regarding just about everything in the game. This pay to win concept has always fallen on deaf ears. Maybe one day people who don't support this model should start their own company and create a game that is completely free; No subscriptions, no micro-transactions. Let's see how long that company can remain solvent. Daybreak/SOE is a BUSINESS. They are in the business of making money.

Last thought: The main problem with this "pay to win" concept seems to be coming from people who either don't want to pay or can't afford to pay and the fact that others can bothers them. Hiding behind "hard work" is an easy excuse. But guess what, buying replay badges means those players are playing MORE. They are replaying raids over and over for the hopes of getting loot. Isn't that considered hard work too?
    • Like x 2
  4. BatmanVyE New Player

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  5. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Both your post are garbage. Just a fyi. Oh DCUO is a subscription based game, so "nothing is free" don't make sense
  6. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

He made sense. If you don't want to understand him, that's on you. He's saying nothing in this world is free, the whole "no such thing as a free lunch". He also mentioned how companies that don't make money don't stay in business. Again, nothing is free. Even F2P isn't meant for it to be entirely free. Is the hybrid model unique to DCUO? Not at all. It's an uncommon practice, but not much rarer than that.

And the whole subscription is not, nor was ever intended to be the end all, be all of expenditures they were hoping to get outta their customers. If that was the case, none of the other stuff would have ever been created. This community has always been calling out P2W more than most games, even since the first year. That opinion just gets louder in bursts, but it's always on some cycle.
    • Like x 2
  7. KEN_Oracle_of_Delphi Well-Known Player

I quit playing qward. I feel less burdened now. It's a great feeling.
    • Like x 1
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It don't make sense. Ff and wow are subscription based games and they are more successful than DCUO. Nothing him and now you are saying make sense.
    • Like x 1
  9. Harlequin Devoted Player

My favorite part was where he said WoW was heavily supported by microtransactions. That little tidbit was how I knew that dude had no clue what he was talking about.
    • Like x 2
  10. Saybro Committed Player

K:rolleyes:
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update! We have decided to get the weekend kicked off early, so the event will begin TOMORROW!
    • Like x 8
  12. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

So how much of a bonus are we getting ?
    • Like x 2
  13. Mystere Well-Known Player

FFXIV is subscription based with almost no micro transactions and they have millions of players. The comparison to this game is simply that it is a fun engaging game that IMO provides value for money - without being fleeced by micro-transactions.

I also find it ironic that it can be so successful without micro-transactions - IMO it is because they focus on great story, regular full content updates, innovative and always changing dungeon (alert) and raid mechanics, is balanced, regularly interacts with players and accurately responds to player feedback, and paces character progress. Things that, IMO, DCUO has greatly fallen behind on.
    • Like x 4
  14. Earthjim Well-Known Player

What time in the UK? So I know not to start it when locks Reset.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The bonus will begin with daily server restarts.
    • Like x 2
  16. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Any Hints as to How much of a Bonus we will be getting
    • Like x 2
  17. Harlequin Devoted Player

I need to try that game again. I just haven't been able to get hooked yet.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mystere Well-Known Player

A few other of my leaguemates have started. PM me if you want server details etc.

Since over the last 5 years I focused on DCUO, I too, haven't fully recommitted to the game as I only have to time to really focus on one game at a time. But I have enjoyed reconnecting to the game and see myself playing it more - esp since a new expansion comes out this summer. I, of course, would prefer DCUO to get it together so that I could continue focusing on this game but that will not happen until major changes happen including removal of feats behind time capsules etc.
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

does this mean in 5h for the EU server?
  20. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

This makes more sense from a gameplay standpoint, because the weekly mission resets tomorrow, and otherwise people have to wait a day to start/complete it. if they want the (currently unknown amount of) extra marks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.