Coming Soon: Bonus Qwardian Crowns Weekend!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Pay attention folks...this guy did...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. KEN_Oracle_of_Delphi Well-Known Player

ok so, i did a little easy math.... it takes 400 quawd crowns to complete the gear set feat.. well, i have 130 crowns, and i've only purchased a collection, and the base box thing... thats it, saving up with grind ever after.... now, i have grinded this stuff everyday, day in and out, since it was implemented..... well, from today till monday, even if the crowns, because of this new "bonus" on the weekend provides triple the loot of crowns, i'll only have a little over 200 crowns... thats half of what i need to get the set !.....

No, i have NOT purchased replays either, and i won't.... so what does that say ? well, it says what everyone is saying, P2W.
    • Like x 1
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

Having a 50 point feat doesn't make the difference between beating an instance or not. If a player ever told me "if I only has that half a point more..." I'd boot him immediately. And again, you have next year if it's not enough of a priority to spend badges on them.
    • Like x 2
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You can supplement vendor gear with Qwardian Time Capsule gear. A few pieces are under 500k on the broker. They will give you the feat for bonus crown (I got it from the Qwardian gear since I wasn't going to be able to finish the vendor style). ;)
  6. BumblingB I got better.

I'm still going to replay on the regular for two reasons.
    1) I have often lost my weekends due to family. I wasn't able to fully do the af3 cookies one.
    2) I don't think I could stomach doing the event more than what I was expecting in a day.
    • Like x 1
  7. KEN_Oracle_of_Delphi Well-Known Player

no, my point is, is that players who don't buy the badges, are getting shafted, as the grind isn't solely enough to earn the top rewards, but to earn the top rewards, you gotta put money into it. so essentially, the "bonus" weekend that we're supposed to tell our friends, family, and extended family about isn't worth it.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yeah...I thought I was gonna replay it some myself...the most I can do is run it on two...MAYBE three toons in one day...and no more. If you're not running it with a premade semi-intelligent group, it's a pain in the rear...EXPECIALLY if you just queue up (had one run once where everybody's secondary role was either troll or tank...NOT.ONE.HEALER in group o_O).
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

“Monday blues? Well, hang in there, because you're just FOUR THREE TWO ONE YESTERDAY away from a bonus Qwardian Crowns weekend! Mark your calendars, tell your friends, and keep watching this space for details.”
    • Like x 1
  10. Skull Collector Committed Player

Oh, is this the part where I'm supposed to pretend to be excited? Ok then....

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

find that argument very naive , dont worry a lot of ppl use this argument on forum, its like saying losing every day 50 cent or 1$ doesnt make any difference...but the amount at the end matters - very.
  12. ermike Committed Player

Why do you guys let them bleed u dry like this. The fact that replay badges still drive this game is ridiculous. Not sure whats more disappointing, people eating up replays or Suicide Squad making a solid profit despite being a shell of what it should have been.
  13. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

It really isn't naive, even 100 sp of a difference shouldn't make you unable to finish an instance. Finishing the instance IS the definition of winning isn't it? You're beating the level when you finish the instance. P2W is present here if you mean that paying for stuff in game makes your life easier. That's life, this should come as no surprise. If you have money, your life will be easier. This shouldn't be a controversial/novel idea.

If you're into this game to such a degree that you want to throw a thousand dollars in getting all of the TC feats, you SHOULD get an advantage in sp. The drop rates in the TC are awful, so please don't tell me you could spend $1000 and not get all the feats, I know this and it should be fixed. The point of what I'm saying is that if you spend money on this game you should be rewarded. You are helping the game exist for others (many whom don't contribute jack) and you're showing support/love for the game.

This is not meant to say that the game or their method is flawless. But the P2W argument is ridiculous on its face because even if it WAS P2W, the developers should be answering "so what? That's life".

Money rules the world, you can't do anything in this world without some sort of currency. The whole mindset that complains about the game being P2W is basically upset because they're unable to get an advantage others are getting. Life, the world, the economy, none of it is fair guys, stop trying to make the games world fair.
    • Like x 1
  14. bmce84 Loyal Player

Well they pretty much said the only possible way to finish all the feats (which is pretty much the same as saying finish a collection or style) before 2018 was to buy replay, so it's no secret this is meant to boost replay sales.
  15. bmce84 Loyal Player

The only problem with your argument is that they keep insisting that nothing in the TC is needed, which is a flat out lie, if you told me the SP was a bonus for cosmetic styles (which BTW, spending money shouldn't be tied to getting TC, we already spend on replay and content because this game isn't free to begin with) then I would agree to a point that yeah it's not needed, however when you have game play items like progression gear and gear mods, which we all need at some point, it takes a different turn into the P2W side. That isn't right and it's not something that any player should be ok with. A small SP advantage is one thing, this is a full gameplay advantage that pretty much lets players skip content by buying gear, that in no way benefits the game.

The other issue is that YOU SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO BUY SP, this is basic on a game where you already have to either pay a sub or buy the content, you are already paying for the game and SP is meant to be something you get while playing, not just spending money on the market. In fact why don't they also allow other marketplace items to also give you SP, like base sets if spending money should equal SP. You already have an advantage by having a sub or buying content, you don't need to be bribed into getting more advantages in a RNG scam box.
  16. Rubsarb Level 30

What is all this pay to win nonsense. Even if you complete all the feats related to the anniversary event, you get maybe 2-3 sp total. I'd like to see how 2-3 sp can drastically change raid performances. Also, replay badges have ALWAYS been optional. The argument of not being able to keep up with newly released content because of the need to buy replay badges is absurd. Where do you think DB gets the money to release new content? Subscription revenue is great, but that's probably not even close to being enough to release consistent content. From my experience from working in the gaming industry, micro transactions make up a significant portion of revenue that funds the development and creation of new content.

Also, on the live stream, the CEO said the event is coming back next year so it's not going away. I swear, there is less and less patience nowadays. Everything must be completed NOW. But that's eluding to a bigger problem with people's mindset (mostly Millennials). Not everything has the "Amazon Prime" mentality of immediate gratification.

Also, just to clarify the whole "Pay to Win" concept people keep bringing up, having replay badges doesn't guarantee raid completion and the rewards that come with it. Replay badges just gives someone who doesn't want to wait an OPPORTUNITY to get awards without waiting a week (big whoop). Same goes for time capsules. You can either do the DAILY event to get fragments or buy stabilizers. Either way, they give everyone equal opportunity to open time capsules (people who have time to grind & those that work a full-time job).

It's almost seems as if everyone on the forums getting so upset about these concepts are blind to how the real world works. I'm sure you heard of the saying "NOTHING IS FREE". If life was a game, wouldn't education then be considered "pay to win"? Those who paid for education tend to have a much higher standard of living in the future then those who didn't. That's just a fact. (If someone argues public education is free, then switch in for university/college education instead). There isn't a single MMO game out in the market that doesn't use micro-transactions to fund the game. (Biggest ones right now are BnS and WOW and they both utilize micro-transactions HEAVILY).
    • Like x 3
  17. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

So why not just put the seasonal currency on the MP like the last iterations?
  18. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

See, he gets it.
    • Like x 1
  19. Saybro Committed Player

I don't think education should be classified as pay to win, didn't bill gates, steve jobs, zuckerberg, and others didn't finish school and went on to excel. Visa versa i've seen many graduate and still have nothing to show for it. Next, So paying with loans doesn't count I take it? Not saying I did, just asking the question. My education was paid for (football scholarship) and there are people who live WAY better, and those who lived worse. Also I think WoW follows the traditional MMO where they are reset weekly or something like that (never played), but yes, there are micro-transactions.

Excuse the red...my text was running into yours and it was making me upset
    No I'm not mad at you or trying to shut you down, just showing the other side of your argument. I and a few others feel like they should take the traditional MMO where there ARE NO REPLAYS and you can only complete once a week. Pretty sure dc was like that at a point in time, but that was when I just started and didn't understand MMO's.

I dislike the mindset of feeling entitled just as much as anyone born before the 90's, but I also shouldn't have to pay to achieve when hard work and the daily grind should be adequate. The game as a whole has gone directions some like, and others don't, but no game should ever be pay to win. Overall Just my thoughts though.
  20. EnragedBrolly New Player

Do not nerf tanks, that is what will hit the trigger for me to move on from DC, who is coming up with these ridiculous ideas for your company ? There is no common sense. Don't take any roles away, improve them. Improve this game before its to late. I run a league and there is less people every day playing, seriously about to give up, went from having 12-18 players daily to 2-3. Don't let this game die.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.