Your worst crt/sc investments? Best?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KariH, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Agent 47

Worst
    - Nanoweave Armor
    - Dogfighting Airframe ESF, I prefer Hover.
  2. AnotherNoob

Best would probably be max medic gun, mineguard and flack armor.
    Worst would be the walker for prowler and radar for mosquito.
  3. Loegi

Gate Shield Diffuser. Meant to use it for Tech Plants, but that wasn't necessary any more, and I didn't expect people to be so hesitant to get in my van.
  4. Tatwi

Station Cash
    Worst: Decimator, which was decimated.
    Best: SR-7, which was part of Alpha Squad and I ended up really liking it.

Certs
    Worst: Radar for the Mossy - you HAVE TO use something else just to live...
    Best: T5 AMC 2x Scope / Laser Sight / Compressor / High Velocity Ammo
  5. Mefi

I don't like to double post but that's a fair reason.

Best:
    • Meditool 6: if you're a medic then it's BEST cert in the game. It allows you to revive allies with incredible speed and with full health (well, with 500 effective health TBH). Some people say that's loss of XP but you can get more with fast revives. It totaly worth extra 500 certs.
    • AV MANA turret: very useful since you can set up defence very fast. It deals good damage and it's accurate. The turret is so good that some people already cry for nerfs.
    • Halberd: it's cheap alternative for Saron HRB. It may be useful for TR as well since it allows to kill anything that a driver can and the Vulcan is too boring for many gunners. NC have no incentive to buy it since ML85 has better splash damage (but who knows how the nerf will affect it?). I think that it's most fun 2nd cannon.
    • 75m radar for the Flash: I see where are you! I don't want to buy the 100m version yet but it also worth the price. Leave one at a samll base and you'll see all enemy movements. And it's usable at large facilities too.
    • Ammopack full: it's very handy since it covers more space and stays longer. Throw one at a hill with AA MAXes and they will be grateful.
    • +2 rockets: initial amount is too low.
    Worst:
    • Supressors: just bad. NC/TR will get significant bullet drop. Not sure what disadvantage VS get but for me it feels like an accuracy reduction. It also reduces damage at range.
    • SP/HV ammo grant described effects. Though good effects aren't great and bad side effects are too annoying.
    • Flashlight: most useless cert in the game. It does nothing good, giveaways your location and there too bright at nights anyway.
    • CQC semi-auto sniper rifle: good for ambush and bad for anything else. It can kill enemies incredibly fast but likely they'll kill you before your first shot. Need ADS. Hipfire COF is HUUUUUUGE.
    • CQC auto scout rifles: 20 ammo, low damage, huge hipfire COF. And they're nothing special at range. Just get a SMG if you want a CQC weapon for the Infiltrator.
    • Adrenaline pump for LA: has negligible effect. All other suit upgrades are better.
    • Assault rifles with 6x scopes: they are useless at long distances anyway.
    • Forward grips for some weapons: they have something like 15% recoil reduction and if your gun has little recoil then effect will be negligible.
    • Forward grips for sniper rifles: no effect.
    Things that considered as awful wepons/upgrades:
    • The Skyguard: it has too good competitors and it doesn't have enough pros. Some cons are also too underwhelming:
      • It dies in one ESF salvo.
      • Very visible.
      • Unavailable at many places. AA MAX is available at any infantry terminal.
      • Long timer.
      • etc...
    • The Lasher: it's a support weapon and good only in certain situations. It's affected by Flak! Do you want to lose up to 50% of your damage just because someone is wearing that suit?
    • Battle rifles: they need a buff. They should be like M14 from Battlefield Bad Company 2. M14 has great accuracy, great damage at long range but it isn't good for short-medium ranges. My favorite job in BC2 was killing snipers with it. Basically it was better than PS2 semi-auto sniper rifles.
    • Semi-auto sniper rifles: look at battle rifles :). I've already mentioned that CQC version is bad but I think that all of them should be merged with BR and buffed.
    • Up x 1
  6. LabRatTy

Worst: Maxed out flash mineguard. So you still die anyway. Thanks a lot.

Best: Maxed out scout radar for both Flash and Scythe. More than half, if not 2/3rd of my total kills are probably thanks to these - and that's on top of the fact that they make all my allies win their fights too.

Ever parked a scythe with a 200 meter scout radar inside a tech plant or amp station, inside the shields? Covers the entire base. Every single infantry and sunderer trying to sneak in gets hunted down by everyone - it's glorious.
  7. Cinnamon

Worst dogfighting 3 for the mosquito. I was under a major misconception about what air to air combat was in this game so invested in something that was a bit of fun but totally worthless overall. In fact when I worked out what dogfighting was about in this game I lost most enthusiasm for it anyway. It's sort of lame.

Best might be scout radar for the flash. I just enjoy doing things like going on patrols and clearing up the scumbag snipers. No offence intended.
  8. Fantom_17

BEST: (I'm an optomistic person)
    LA-80 (bulet drop is minimal and you can hit people on the run)
    sweeper (I got an araxium medal in a week) I feel like I can take on 2-3 people at a time if I can get the jump on them
    (extended mags for la (LV3 so far) I felt like I was tied to an engie when I first bought my shotgun.
    (C-4) only downside is not OHKOing sundies. I eat MAXes for lunch

WORST
    suppressor: I saved up 200 certs and put it on my LA-80 and mag-shot at the same time.
    upgrading the HA shield some 3-4 tiers before finding out that it only cuts 15sec off a 45sec timer at max.

Things I would never buy:
    Flashlights
    forward grip for a semi (I would of but saw a post about it later)

why sony?
  9. Farlion

Best:
    Haymaker
    TRAC-5S (Grenade Launcher)
    Tank Mines
    C4

Worst:
    T-16
    T5 AMC
    Tank lock on Launcher
  10. Phrygen

SC
    worst: battlerifle(by far, and it makes me sad every time i play my engi...)

Best: rocket pods... obviously....

Certs:
    worst: bettle rifle

Best: prowler and reaver before it was nerfed
  11. VKhaun

Best Cert: Underbarrel Smoke Launcher.
    I actually filed a support ticket and made an a** of myself thinking it didn't work, until they told me it had to go far enough to 'arm' and then it would pop smoke. Once I started using it with an HSNV to see through the smoke and shoot people... it's a different game. It lets me and the zerg move up on areas, gives us a breather from sniper fire, and lets me shoot into target rich environments unmolested because most of them can't see me.

Worst Cert: 6x and 8x scopes.
    6x is such a worthless magnification. At long ranges it's not enough, mid ranges you can't see around it, and short ranges it's a liability. 4x is not much better. 1x, 2x, and 3.4x are fine. After that just give me a 12x.

Best SC: Pump shotgun
    So much win if you know how to flank and CQC. This game is chock full of people who sprint around then try to go ADS and fire. So many free kills. So much hate mail.

Worst SC: Annihilator/Decimator
    The overwhelming majority of the time, I am wanting to dumbfire at ground and lock-on fire at aircraft. Despite the fact that I have already bought the AA Lock+Dumbfire launcher for all three characters, I sometimes carry the annihilator and do fire at tanks at long distances, but this tends to be a waste of time. They just pull behind a rock and repair. I also carry the deci a lot because I like the idea of the damage, but really if I get to freely fire at the butt of a sundy for several missiles unmolested... It'd be a free kill for the AA+Dumbfire launcher as well. Maybe the Deci is worth it for MAX's, I'm not sure how much of a difference there is, but I would definitely skip the Annihilator and just carry the AA+Dumbfire launcher.
  12. DashRendar

Best:
    Gauss Compact S w/Grenade Launcher
    ML85 for Van
    I'll echo what someone else said and say the upgrade Heal/Repair guns.

Worst:
    Gauss Compact Burst (100 certs I'll never get back)
    2 Levels of Composite Armor for Lib (only once I realized that Stealth was a much better option in the long run)
    Certing every armor for every class before realizing they didn't stack (I didn't cert tham a lot, but still quite a few wasted certs)