[BUG] Wtf SOE What the hell are you doing?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpartanPsycho, Aug 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DramaticExit

Minecraft runs badly on everything, always. It's known for terrible performance, despite having rather simple graphics.
  2. cruczi

Yes. I have i7-3770K @ 4.2ghz, and I get 30 fps in something like 100 vs 100 fights, which happens more often after the server merge.
  3. Shinrah

I noticed the occasional FPS drop aswell. But the OP´s problems really do sound more of a hardware issue on his part. Also, even if his CPU runs at 100% when PS2 is executed, it shouldn´t do jack to either his CPU or his cooling unit. As far as I know Intel/AMD are on the conservative side of how much heat your CPU can take. And usually that´s already somewhere at 85-90°C. So if his CPU isn´t overclocked and undercooled, it shouldn´t get near those temperatures. If he has a stock CPU with a stock cooling unit he should be fine.
    If he isn´t sure, get something like RealTemp or another tool that monitors your temp during PS2 and if it is constantly above 85°C you might want to shell out a couple of bucks and boy a proper cooling unit.
    • Up x 1
  4. Goretzu

That's a C64-II or C64-C, that's uber! (although not as sexy) :eek:

[IMG]
  5. Halo572

I have the Commodore 128 in a crate along with the 5 1/4 inch floppy drive and the tape deck. I also have the Vic 20 with 16k RAM pack that the old C64 was later modelled on.

Never had a monitor or printer, they were £400+ each back in the 80s and that was a lot. Maybe £800-£1000 in today's worthless paper.

I opted for the home brew Spectrum 16k with the Kempston as it was easier to get PS2 running on it from my tape deck than on the Vic 20. You can play around with the sound pick easier than having to use a screwdriver to adjust.

I get 120 FPS and with my FTL broadband I have optimised to get a ping of -60. That is a minus sign in front of the 60.

I am commonly mistaken for a 1337 h4X0r as I can play in the future or go back and change the game in the past my connection is so fast.

If I can do that on a 32 year old machine you need to consider your hardware specs and get r3ktum.
    • Up x 3
  6. FrankHH

Upgrade your CPU cooler. That's what I'm going to do, my current CPU fan roars when gaming.
  7. Klypto

I can run Sim City 2000, Tetris, Pong, and Age of Empires (original) better than this game too.

If your PC is decent enough to run Planetside 2 well, you literally won't have any issues with Minecraft unless you are using an industrial or pipe mod and are piping around thousands of items in the same chunk or spamming a ridiculous number of chunk loaders with your PC as the host.
  8. DatVanuMan

I knew Minecraft was evil. Get the Lashers!
  9. SpartanPsycho

I was trolling.... I'm getting a liquid cooler
  10. SpartanPsycho

Gosh darnit you caught me.
  11. Yuki10

This game is poorly threaded....If you need liquid cooling to play this game - your rig is poorly designed or your ambient temp is way too high.

A good air cooler is all you need without adding risk of water leaks and increased power consumption.
  12. Moz

Yes........ yes it is.... I am totally HOT! :D .....

My mum said so atleast! :oops:
    • Up x 1
  13. DG-MOD-17

Going to go ahead and lock this for being non-constructive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.