[BUG] Wtf SOE What the hell are you doing?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpartanPsycho, Aug 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpartanPsycho

Your game has caused my CPU fan immense strain. It's perfectly fine on games such as battlefield, but you game causes it to immediately run up in use. It's going to break while I use your game. It was after the last patch that was supposed to fix things. I've oiled it, canned aired it, nothing works. Seriously, fix your damn problems in your damn game that should've being damn fixed before release. I've had it. No more money until your game is fixed. It's freaking horrible. And before somebody says "get gud pc or rekt" I can run MINECRAFT better than this game. I have everything I need for my pc and now this crap.
  2. Yeahy

Hey, chill.

What's your problem? What specific issues are you having?
    • Up x 1
  3. Vanudrax

This game is hugely CPU intensive. Obviously something changed that is straining your CPU. Either your CPU or the fan is about to go kaputski, or it was never really that good and simply can't handle whatever was changed.

SOE posted the minimum specs required to play PS2, and the recommended specs. If you meet the first, but not the second that chances are good that's your issue. Your machine is straining to play PS2. Posting your machine specs and in-game graphics/sound setups would help others help you.

SOE doesn't have to downgrade their game for people. You want to play, it's up to you to make sure your machine is up to date and powerful enough to handle it. This isn't a console game with standard specs. Your rig is your responsibility.
    • Up x 9
  4. Matt879

Games like battlefield are GPU intensive, planetside 2 is VERY CPU intensive. When it comes to your CPU it's probably the most demanding game on the market right now. The only reason I can think of (that is related to PS2) that is causing your CPU fan to go nuts if your CPU working very hard to keep PS2 running, thus heating up a lot, thus causing your fan to work much harder than usual.
    • Up x 1
  5. DatVanuMan

1. This game is freaking amazing.
    2. Could performance be better? YES. Is it good/mediocre? NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST. My FPS levels have INCREASED over the past few months, and I want the same to happen to everyone else.
    3. Of course you can run MINECRAFT better than this game. IT'S MINECRAFT, a game made in 2009, using PIXELS for graphics. THIS GAME USES AAA graphics, so that is a horrible statement.
    • Up x 1
  6. Yeahy

To be fair, some people are definitely getting worse fps and performance than a few months ago.
    • Up x 4
  7. SacredRay

He's clearly talking about CPU.. And Minecraft is heavily processor reliant.
  8. Yeahy

By the way, minecraft is very cpu intensive.
    • Up x 2
  9. Daikar

Guys he's trolling, he said he can run minecraft better than this game. deeeerp.
    • Up x 1
  10. Umrtvovacz

I can play PS2 with up to 60 FPS easily (I have it capped at 60 as I have 60 Hz monitor). But when I log into my outfit's Minecraft server with yogscast pack, I get about 12 FPS.

Minecraft is the worst optimized game I ever played. It's absolutely not guaranteed to run Minecraft well on modern machines. And running Minecraft well has nothing to do with running PS2 well.
    • Up x 1
  11. Octiceps

Yeah if you want to go play a game even less optimized than PS2, fire up Minecraft. ****ing Java...
    • Up x 2
  12. BobSanders123

The performance is not good or mediocre. There isn't really anything to compare it to.
    All games use pixels. Minecraft just happens to use less. A lot less.
    This games graphics are actually really poor compared to triple a shooters. The textures from far look very nice, but once you get about 5m away from a wall, you realize they suck.
  13. Den1012

30 fps yesterday on Cobalt
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4700HQ @ 3.40GHz
    Is it normal?
  14. Moonheart

A simple online game like BF doesn't have even nearly the same technical needs than a MMO like PS2.
  15. Moz

[IMG]

Time for an upgrade bro.....

Seriously though, post us some specs and we may be able to help you out some?
    • Up x 3
  16. Octiceps

"Simple online game," bro? BF has much better multi-threading than this game hence uses a lot more CPU. BF3 scales up to 6 threads, BF4 up to 8, and with Mantle core utilization is perfect across the board.
    • Up x 2
  17. Elrobochanco

It's a lot easier to have something perform well when your technical requirements are so low. 64 players is not an MMO. It doesn't need the draw distance, or the network infrastructure, or ability to handle the raw quantity of player actions. There is no magic way to make 150+ players in a smallish area perform better than 60 total over a larger one.

Even if for example PS2 moved from using ~50% per core as it does now for me to 100% it would not perform like BF4. It's not the fault of the devs, at least in the sense that they didn't want to make an round based arena shooter and call it an mmo (which apparently flys these days anyways).

OP if your fan is dying, your fan is dying. it has nothing to do with the game aside from it's what you are playing when you notice it. Replace it.
    • Up x 3
  18. Octiceps

Last few months, I have never seen 63 other players on-screen at the same time, I kid you not. I have also run over many friendly Maxes at full speed in my Harasser because they decided to Apparate 5 meters in front of me in a semi-deserted area. BTW I play on Connery, second most populated server after Emerald. Optimization in this game is just terrible, both server side and client side.
    • Up x 1
  19. Moonheart

It still a "simple online game", nowhere near of the technical difficulties of an MMOG.
    In online games, interfactions are exponentialy complex. When you multiply the number of players by 2, you complexify the technical needs by 4, no matter if they are "on-screen" or not (if they are on-screen, it just makes things worst).

With a number of players a hundred higher than BF4, there is no relation in difficulty between PS2 optimization and BF4 one. No relation at all. You're comparing a bicycle with a boeing there. It could not "feel" like this from your gamer perceptions, but for people programming the internal mechanisms, this is a fact.

BF4 has better multi-threading?
    Well, I can multi-thread a pong game a hundred times with eyes closed. But multi-thread even once an MMOG...

Now, this doesn't mean that SOE doesn't have to make efforts. Just that the tone you are speaking to SOE guys denotes a total absence of knowledge of the difficulty of the problem.
    SOE guys are not "bad" just because their game is not as optimized as BF4. They don't deal with the same level of problem at first.
    • Up x 1
  20. Octiceps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.