[Suggestion] WTB : Thermal Scopes for Infantry

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kon, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Kon

with the INRV Ninja Nerf , Id be willing to pay 100+ Certs for a thermal scope for infantry

[IMG]
  2. Talizzar

What exactly did they do to this scope and why the secrecy on changes. SOE list all the changes!
  3. DramaticExit

I think it's cool.
  4. Jestunhi

The cloaked infiltrator in the crosshairs isn't lit up in IRNV.
  5. Talizzar

That was probably op anyway. I just tried mine and it looks like they messed with the distances some. You can now see someone coming at you in the dark and get "lit" up as they get into range.

So much for Infiltrator proofing.
  6. Jestunhi

Yeah, cloak having a counter was OP!

If I can't use IRNV then give back the darklight from PS1 (you know, the previous game where SoE realized that stealth needs a counter).
  7. Zapon

HOLD ON, they already nerfed the IRNV scope , and night optics MULTIPLE TIMES

Here's proof -

this is how it used to be before thye started nerfing everything

[IMG]
  8. Talizzar

I was testing at the warpgate with infiltrators running around and you can still see their outlines. It is not solid blob anymore. I assume that enemies will look the same. I wonder what that scope is like in the daytime as it was night.
  9. FateJH

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and suggest that the thermal scope was the counter to Infiltrator cloak because they didn't have anything for low settings players who would never see the prism effect. Now that a discerning eye has the potential to make out Infiltrators before they shoot you on all settings levels, the thermal workaround may no longer be necessary.
  10. Jezs

I thought it was HSNV not IRNV...

Edit: Confirming a dedicated scope was designed to be the solution to players on low graphics settings.
  11. Kon

im saying they need to implement a thermal scope, it can cost bulk certs i can afford it