[Guide] would you install this or not ? it's a new release

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by breeje, Jul 13, 2019.

1. iller

...or Daltons (to be honest, I always thought that allowing Dalton to 1 hit ESF was the BIGGEST thing they ever allowed to directly ENCOURAGE high stakes Pay to use / subscribe prediction AimBots so I'm actually really glad that's behind us now).

[SPOILER] People don't realize this game doesn't have REAL projectile physics in which the Client is completely blind to the Server's final vector judgements. It has "simulated" projectiles which means that the scripts allowing that don't have to try to extract special info from the real Server to finesse the perfect firing angles before they finalize the prediction in order to land most hits (even with a fairly slow projectile) ... The client just *proofs* it for them ahead of time so there usually has to be some serious network lag going on for the Victim of the prediction bot to escape their fate and "negotiate" a clean avoidance before the Bot does [/SPOILER]

That's not entirely accurate, it just means that there's no room for COMPETITION in the "black Hat" space for multiple cheating programs to flourish among the PlSd2 install-base. You'd be just as WRONG if you assumed there wasn't a single Scripter also monopolizing the APB-reloaded market or the tiny little Vindictus fan base. It's just like when other people go to their favorite Booru image galleries and there's always that one single "artist" getting never ending commissions for nipple insertion or unbirthing. As much as you want to believe that content just doesn't exist...you'd be proven wrong with just a little bit of digging in just the right places.
  2. Savadrin

1) it's a shame, because I spent a LOT of time learning to snipe with the Dalton the old fashioned way.

2) I wonder if this has something to do with my recent VLG experiences of being hit from behind mountains and other objects, lol.
  3. iller

And what about those 3rd seat Walker or Hyena gunners who put in their own time to earn their place in a Lib crew as well?
    What are they? Chopped Liver to you? They shouldn't have a role in A2A top kek'ing?

You know the math, you know They're all you need to damage the ESF just enough to insta-kill it on-contact with your first real Snipe. The only difference now is... that the ESF pilot has just enough TIME to identify the NAME on the Liberator before both of his opponent's damage packets can reach his reaver which gives him (or her) the split second time they could use to run away before a possible Skript-Krew pops their ESF again (leaving them stranded in the warp gate waiting for another 300 resources to very slowly tick back). You'd be amazed at just how much of a difference that sliver of reaction time makes in discouraging the continued investment in hacks.
  4. Savadrin

They're mostly non-existent because unless you're like me and need tailgun kills, nobody wants the job. So they're in the seat I have to swap to in the average Lib, which is 2/3.

I never said they don't have a role, they do. To cover the angles that the belly gunner cannot cover, and to complement damage when they overlap.

People often act like Dalton sniping ESFs is point and click. If you have a dedicated pilot/gunner tandem then things eventually mesh and it gets slightly easier, but it is still IMHO the hardest skillshot in this game to land, because you are not controlling your orientation and it's easy to lose frame of reference staring out of the belly. The satisfaction of popping ESFs was great due to the difficulty involved.

If it IS point and click then two options exist:

You are a god tier gamer.
    or
    You are cheating.

Also, your Skyknight is showing, might want to cover that up bruh. I shed a single tear for the poor ESF pilot waiting in Warpgate for 300 nanites (Lib pilots always get them free, didn't you know?) because he can't do anything else in this game other than hoverduel or farm Mans with AH/lolpods.
  5. AllRoundGoodGuy

Did you just assume gender?
  6. FateJH

Roxxly is female.
    • Up x 1
  7. ObiVanuKenobi

But how do you know she identifies as female? How rude. What if she identifies as non-binary drakefluid mecha godzilla-kin?
  8. Skraggz

While I see issue with 1 shotting daltons as well, and vastly dislike them I would have settled for a nerf on single pilot libs needing 2 shots, while pilot/gunner could one shot. The platform is made for team play, thats why I disliked it so much. Seeing a solo fly it nose up hop seats and shoot a few rounds, while it is a good display of multi tasking just seemed meh. Some pilots game me the feeling that they were incredibly good gamblers, after like 6-8 shots of missing they would get a random clip and get a kill.... I disliked that.

That said, I have joined on the derailing of this thread, and I have reported the day of my original first post and shockingly this semi advertisement is still on the forums, hell it's not even locked.... shame.
  9. FateJH

When you don't know how a person identifies themselves, you address them in the manner that they present themselves until otherwise corrected. Enough people have referred to her as her while in her earshot that a correction this late into the game, though accepted, would be quite an asspull.
    Also, how Roxxly has referred to herself in third person, rare though it is.
  10. Skraggz

I always found it incredibly weird that people will get offended for another person, and if the person of topic conversation isn't offended then the one that is for their sake proceeds to tell them how they should be offended. This day in age... people have nothing better to do with their time but play the victim for someone else.
    • Up x 4