Will you be driving the harasser again?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Levtech, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Levtech

Lets face it, ever since the harasser was nerfed like crazy all the montages, good times, and epic stories of the harasser came to a halt. It is currently underpowered (an opinion I think you all agree with), but I think with he current buffs it has on the test server (assuming they make it to live) will actually make the harasser balanced. If you run composite + fury + fire sprsn + turbo (do not forget the added small arms resistance) you can actually survive passing a sundy now and get some kills. So, my question is to you, will you be dusting off your harasser and making those great times all over again, or will you still think its a waste of time to pull one?
  2. Klypto

They better be pulling them.

They were fun to blow up before everyone certed into the indestructium armor.
    • Up x 3
  3. Mechlord

I never stopped. Harasser driving is still almost all that I do in-game.

I do hope more good duos start harassing again. High end Harasser duels are what I miss most since the nerf.
    • Up x 2
  4. dstock

Defense, Weapon, Utility, Utility.

Wut?

As to the question, I never gave up. I just annoy air or practice playing Tony Hawk Pro Planetside Harasser Skater 2. Front flips for days, mang.
  5. Mechlord

Turbo is currently an innate ability on PTS.
  6. dstock

That's what I was getting at. I don't bother with PTS; I like to be disappointed in due time.
  7. Pikachu

The very popular fury harasser disappeared when fury got the big nerf at gu12. I dont think they will ever comback. The nerf to marauder and vulcan will also prevent its popularity from coming back. Its only halberd and saron now and some odd bulldog guys. Heck even the rare kobalt harasser got down in proportion at pu2 when kobalt lost its laser precision.
  8. isaidhi3

No the very popular harasser disappeared when they nerfed the bejesus out of everything it had (turbo, repair, composite).
  9. Pikachu

I meant speci
    I meant specifically harasers using fury. All factions loved them. Once fury was nerfez it was all about secondary av weapons and halberd. It lasted until the big nerf. The one that included turbo, repair, armor cert. HP and small arms resistance. It was after that that harasser lost its populsrity.
  10. Rift23

Nerfed the harasser, buffed the lib. Gotta love SOE logic.
    • Up x 1
  11. PrimePriest

Lol me and my fellow driver never stopped using our beloved Yolo-rider. Sure we can't simply roflstomp armor column with Halbert like in good old days. We need to pick our fights very carefully. And we would be probably 10000% times more effective in tank or Lib.
    But it's so much fun!!!

Long live MLG-Pr0-420Yol0 Rider!
  12. dstock

Between the old Marauder and old Kobalt, there was no room for the Fury on a TR Harasser. Just my two cents.
  13. Obstruction

i respectfully disagree. while we didn't have as many hilarious infantry kills, we were ganking damaged vanguards with that max clip fury, and going 1v1 against lightnings all day. the only thing that we feared was that NC Enforcer Harassers. ah, nostalgia.
    • Up x 1
  14. Levtech

I got the fury and still used it, it was just the harasser itself that made the fury bad.
  15. PastalavistaBB

The Harasser is in a good place atm. It is what it was supposed to be from the start. Any buff is unacceptable. Just be careful at picking your fights.
  16. Levtech

So it was supposed to be cannon fodder from the start? If 90% of your harasser ride is not upside down, it's on the death screen looking at a BR 10 heavy with their rocketlauncher out.
  17. WTSherman

If the C85 gets buffed enough I'm actually tempted to try sticking that thing on a Harasser, to hunt other Harassers and ESFs.

Of course the C85 will probably end up just as useless as ever, but we can dream. :D
  18. MorganM

Yeah I'll be pulling mine more often for sure.
  19. Frozen-K

I'll probably dust mine off again, I did sink a pretty generous amount of certs into it.

I do wish they'd shorten the back though, so engineers could leave presents on the move.
  20. Mrasap

I'll run it again to get the last 90 Fury kills for my gunner to get auraxium.

Making AB innate is a good start, but won't be enough to make it viable. It either needs an small offensive or defensive buff (not both) for me to pull it regularly again.