Will we ever get this gun?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheBloodEagle, Apr 15, 2014.

1. TheBloodEagle

It's still shown on the site and is obviously already modeled but still not in game. Will we ever get it?

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. Scr1nRusher

oh and don't forget the old chaingun design

Man its like the alpha/Beta had really cool models........ and then T-ray Incident happened at NS manufacturing.
    • Up x 6
  3. Eyeklops

No. You also won't get the very detailed armors, vehicles, and landscapes that were presented in the alpha. In fact, because SOE wants to sell a billion different cosmetics like helmets and special gold plated underwear, expect the graphical quality of this game to decline steadily until it looks worst than Planetside 1 after it's 10 years are up. They really don't care how the game looks, only that new cosmetics make $$.

Since beta the overall visual quality of this game has went down (way down), not up. During the art optimization pass many textures resolutions were cut in half, or less, all under the guise of "better performance." Sorry, but I am not that stupid, they reduced the quality of the existing world assets to fit more cosmetics. That's one reason I literally hate that PS2 is F2P.

EDIT: I don't blame this on T-Ray or even Higby, it's the people above them causing this issue.
    • Up x 12
  4. Tommyp2006

That's what used to be the model in alpha for the cycler
    • Up x 2
  5. phreec

Looks awful IMO. Never liked the look of synthetic M14 stocks and that's what that basically is.
  6. kadney

[IMG]

And no, we won't get the cool TR armory either.
    • Up x 1
  7. TheBloodEagle

I really dig the look though; something refreshing compared to our other weapons. I believe that's an HA holding it.
    • Up x 2
  8. Zotamedu

The second half of that sentence directly contradicts the first half.
  9. TheBloodEagle

Strangely it's true. Quality of the assets & number of them was reduced (shown in one of their OMFG videos) and much of it was done to reduce the amount of textures loading into memory....yet the amount of cosmetics increased. Maybe the new 64bit client will help.
    • Up x 2
  10. Eyeklops

"World assets" != "Cosmetics". The ground, walls, and foliage we look at isn't in the same category as the gold plated underwear hiding your junk. So think about a box that holds many types of things. One type is "world assets" and another is "cosmetics." Now imagine if you take any object of the type "world asset" and reduce it's quality to one-half, or one quarter of the original, and then use the extra space to add more units of the type "cosmetic." You have just performed an OMFG performance art update.
    • Up x 2
  11. KnightCole

But M14 is 'Murrika, and 'Murrika is NC...NC should get the M14 gun...
  12. Shadowomega

Got a better view of that gun for you bloodeagle.

[IMG]

Also the beta MCG.
    [IMG]

But likely when us VS get our Pulsar Look back.
    [IMG]

Just be happy the Repeater got a new look.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  13. DirArtillerySupport

I could have done without the OMFG patch. I was perfectly capable of toning down my own graphical settings...or upgrading...which I did...for nothing.
  14. Paragon Exile

The OMFG patch was the most important thing SOE ever did for this game by a a wide margin.
    • Up x 1
  15. z1967

Its... Beautiful. Low cover shooting or not I want it now. Like right now.
    • Up x 4
  16. Kociboss

@Shadowomega

Everytime I try to forget how awesome TR armor had looked before, somebody pastes this ss.

-.-
  17. Phyr

Those TR screenshots look just as bland and boring as the current game.
  18. Paragon Exile

TR has badass armour man, are you high?

lol

I like their color scheme; the red and black is what makes the TR.
    • Up x 1
  19. Kociboss

In the 1st SS they look better than currently on live imo.
  20. Paragon Exile

VS - Spandex
    NC - Plate Armour
    TR - Sweatpants