Will Planetside 2 Kill GW2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheBull, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ed_anger

my thought exactly.
  2. Morro

3. RobotNinja

Two completely different games? That's like asking if Call of Duty will kill Pacman.
  4. Losty

Silly idea that game A will kill game B , even when game A and B are nothing alike. There is a huge market out there with allot of potential players! Hope we get a good chunk of them!
  5. nubery

It makes plenty of sense. Have you played gw2? The end game was advertised as wvw yet they ignore it most of the time for pve updates.

I bought gw2 for territory warfare. Planetside was always superior I that area.
  6. Rigsta

There's only one way to find out - FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!
  7. Eyeklops

Only on BSG 75
  8. VicViper

I think it will take people who were interested in the WvW faction mass pvp aspects because in my mind PS2 is much better.

It won't kill GW2 because GW2 is mostly PVE players.
  9. Sobieski14

Do not try to turn this into the "SWTOR Forum".
    * This game will kill WoW!!!@

Did the motto change?
    * Now its, "This game will kill GW2?
  10. LanceHavenbay

It better. Being a GW1 vet, Gw2 is nothing but a faceroll. The game has no goal, nothing to do but grind virtually the same thing end on end. PvP is really the only thing that seems to be "diverse" if you consider that every class is basically a modified original. Practically all of the skills share the same functions/animations. To top that off, you can not really change your skillbar much. Many skills/traits are simply pointless to carry around. (Especially many Elites)

I actually spent a lot of time developing improved pvp for GW2 and it never helped it along. PS2 combat is not only greatly diverse as far as what you may encounter, it allows you as a player to fully customize how you want to play, on many different levels. The teamwork involved far outweighs the simple follow the leader implemented in GW2.

For being outside of a group, the game is still fairly social. Guild Wars 2, on my server, was basically like walking through a wasteland, even through high level zone on a full server/

To top it all off, you cannot simply walk/run through all of the content, (unless you are in a death race (;) you will get shot.

I would hope PS2 would surpass Gw2 even if the combat style is different. (I'm on a boycott against Anet anyways. xD)
  11. Grimmomega

Is anyone on NG+ yet?
  12. VoidMagic

It's strange the PVP in planetside has been so fullfilling... I kind of want some themepark content to co-op through... not in planetside btw... just in general... I've been looking for quality pvp since... well... ps1... and now that I have it... I want a dungeon to crawl through on the side... lol

Well... I guess I'll just wait for Unholywars.. and enjoy PS2 like a mofo. Gonna play both... as PS2 is primary thou.
  13. Hetzau

Have a lvl 80 Necro...I don't know what you're talking about but I'm having a blast in WvW.
  14. nubery

It feels like they're neglecting polishing it. Look how long it took for them to 'fix' the server hopping issue that was completely decimating any form of honest match making.
  15. TheRandomOne

[IMG]
  16. Skizerz

That's like saying will Halo 4 kill Super Meat Boy, there isn't any comparison.
  17. gooch1

LOL. Of course not. Lag, non-optimized, not a balanced piece of crap by definition can not beat perfectly optimized interesting game. What has been in beta everything remained, a lot of lags, bugs, and other crap that causes gagging ... uniquely aninstall.
  18. Hetzau

Even though I'm not on one of those servers that's usually camped by a huge guild or the one that has the populace that isn't interested in WvW, I can tell you that this wasn't fair and they shouldn't have allowed free transfers. However, this has nothing to do with class balance or PvP itself. If anyone got team/faction PvP down, it's ArenaNET. And I salute them for it.
  19. AceMF

whats GW2 stand for?
  20. TeknoBug

Um no PS2 and GW2 aren't even the same type of game, not everyone likes FPS games and not everyone likes RPG games, I'm going to continue to play GW2 and play PS2 as well as perhaps PS1 again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.