Wikia Wednesday #7 - How to Report Inappropriate Behavior

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Nov 13, 2013.

1. MagicBlubber

Don't be so quick to influence the development of an automated system to punish teamkilling. There NEEDS to be a pardon list that an individual can place for (friends for example) who teamkill eachother from time to time, whether it's to make a certain play, whether it's cause the pilot crashed or whether cause you genuinely accidentally hit your friend in the eye.

The system should easily differentiate between constant unwanted teamkillings vs forgiven players. We already have weapons locks, how much farther do you expect it to go? It's a feature, it's not harassment and it has blocks in place as of now. You don't want this to become BF4 do you?
  2. AviatorMoose

Thanks you guys i didn't know how to report people until this thread :p
  3. Hotd0g

Nope i dont

http://2.bp.************/-l4nq-K82Kqo/Tz5OLnwW8hI/AAAAAAAAAyg/vVZ3SaAyIJc/s1600/wee-bey-gif.gif
  4. CcyberDdemon

I agree with you on that, but this fact is beyond the annoying it is already a dangerous issue, for 3 times now I've seen teammates firing intentionally on each other during a important tactical manuver during a takeover, (some of those were headshots) compromising some of our gameplay experience. If this can't be considered dangerous for the serious gamer then what is it? Not when it is accidental but when it is made by pure intention. If no solution for this is realistic enough or even challenging maybe it is time to revise it all? I don't know.

I propose a simple solution. If a teammate shoots at you, lets say for the third time - he don't even need to kill you, the attacker loses his health not you. That would be fair enough and would prevent any joker from annoying you.
  5. Thadius Miller

The easiest solution is far more simple then it's being made out here.

1. When you die to a friendly, prompt with "You have been killed by teammate Player X. Forgive?" (Y/N).
    2. ?
    3. Profit.

Collect lockout data for a month after implementing, then adjust the threshold as necessary.
  6. Czuuk

Have you seen Gladiator? Luperza is like Lucilla. Her slightest touch...

Thank you again dear. :D
  7. TelStockdale

For us, the customers, this is a game, a form of entertainment. What makes the game fun for you may not be fun for the next person.
    From a legal point of view, this game is a form of communication software, SOE has a responsibility to provide a system that protects its customers from harassment and cyber bullying.
    With the increase of suicides of young people who have not been able to cope with cyber bullying or harassment, many governments all over the world are looking closely at this whole issue and putting pressure on a number of companies to take action.
    If SOE fails to recognise these issues and put in place a structure to deal with them, it may find itself being sued for negligence or facing a government inquiry.
    SOE may find that the reporting system may not be deemed to be enough and as a result may have no option to but remove from game parts that cause the most problems. They may be forced to consider the removal of team killing or being able to PM the enemy.
  8. Nerkun

I think that's someone who switched faction specifically to blow that sundy. It surprises me people didn't expect that earlier. Heck, if I was in an organized outfit, and I really wanted to win, was obsessed with it, you can bet your *** I would order a few people to switch to their alts and sabotage the battle. Switch back before the alert ends and boom, dominating victory bonus.

About the reporting, it should be able to report a guy who kills you 3 times in a (for example) ten minute span. He gets 3 of those reports and he gets banned for some time. Only someone who was TKed could report, and only if he or she was TKed multiple times (to avoid reports from kids who think a game with friendly fire can be played without the occasional accidental TK). C4 on air vehicles should be reportable with one vehicle kill. I've played for multiple hundreds of hours, and I've never accidentally C4ed one of our vehicles. Also, as someone said, it would be great if they added a way to see who destroyed our vehicle and how when we're not inside.
  9. NowBreathingManually

That would make matters far worse, it's only half the problem.
    The other is people getting themselves TK'd by either being careless or intentionally.

Far too often I'm getting buttocks positioned inside my infiltrator so I don't see immediately them but can't shoot without hitting them.
    Then there's the ones running straight into the only stream of bullets they can reach, then stopping inside it to look around.
    Do I need to mention the ones that think the barrel of an AV turret is the safest part of it?
    What about people wanting to enter a moving vehicle by jetting on top of it?
    Ever had a generous engineer try to correct your MBT's angle with his head?
    How's getting your tanks (except magrider) repaired from the front or back while they're moving?
    I'm sure everyone's familiar with the generous bunch running toward your settled grenade in an attempt to recover it.
    Friendly mines/C4 are a safe place to crouch, as many believe.
    All of the above weekly, most of it per session.

I'm sure that details enough points but the main one is that TK has far too many variables to generalize it.