Wikia Wednesday #7 - How to Report Inappropriate Behavior

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Luperza Community Manager

[IMG]
    By Jennifer “Yaviey” Bridges

We've recently been over a number of important topics related to Wikia such as communicating, creating a page, and more. But one of the most important topics is how to protect yourself and your work on Wikia, by getting help dealing with harassment, spam, copyright infringement, etc. Of course we hope that you never come across anything of the sort, but it’s important to know the best steps to take so that we can make everyone’s Wikia experience enjoyable.

Harassment

Harassment is a serious issue and one that is not taken lightly here at SOE. Harassment can come in the form of taunting, abusive words, offensive images, threats, etc. If another user is doing this to you or anyone else, please report the behavior via e-mail to jbridges@soe.sony.com and give as many details as possible about the situation. You can also attempt to resolve the situation with the individual via their Talk Page.

Spam

A post or article is considered spam if it contains nonsensical comments or links to paid promotions, viruses, etc. Remember that anything posted on a Wikia should be topical and relevant. If you see something that doesn’t look right, please let an administrator know right away via their Talk Pages. And whatever you do, DON’T click on suspicious links. If you’d like, you can also report spam to Wikia's volunteer moderators.

Vandalism

Vandalism is the act of defacing content and purposefully posting incorrect information. We strive to only post accurate information on our official SOE Wikias, and vandalism goes against our mission to help our communities. If you see vandalism on a page, please contact an administrator immediately. You can also report vandalism to Wikia’s group of volunteer moderators.

Copyright Infringement

If you see an article or any content on a Wikia that you think could be the work of some else, please notify an administrator. Copyright infringement is not tolerated on any official SOE Wikia and goes against our and Wikia's community guidelines. You can also e-mail Wikia via copyright@wikia.com to report copyright infringement. If you contact Wikia, be sure to include "Claim of copyright infringement" in the subject line of the e-mail.

Need Some Help?

If you have any questions related to the Official SOE Wikias, please feel free to e-mail the SOE Wiki Project Manager, Jennifer Bridges at jbridges@soe.sony.com.

The Wikias

Dragon's Prophet | EverQuest | EverQuest II | EverQuest Next | EverQuest Next: Landmark | EverQuest Portal | Free Realms | Planetside 2 | PoxNora | Vanguard | Wizardry Online
    • Up x 1
  2. Santondouah

Is there something on the roadmap regarding Team Kill ? The phenomenon is getting significantly stronger, at least on Ceres NC with lots of guys C4ing our Sundies/Vanguies, putting C4 on our libs/reavers in the warpgate... This is really getting annoying.

IMO one first great thing would be to know who destroyed your vehicle even if you're not in it, which is not the case at the moment.
    • Up x 3
  3. M0nkeyPunch

They're talking about inappropriate behaviour on the Wiki page here - not about in-game.
    • Up x 1
  4. Santondouah

oups, missed it. Sorry
    Guessed it was a wiki page about how to deal with harassment.
  5. Helg

Yes, they're talking about inappropriate behavior on the Wiki page but Santondouah is right. We need to enhance and to arise this BIG problem with the Team Kill may be in other parts of the Forum. Because I am too tired from these INTENTIONAL team killers. These ignoble killers must be punished very strongly. :mad:
    • Up x 2
  6. Gamba

Add careless drivers to the list.
    • Up x 1
  7. Nerkun

Far more people are facing in-game harassment than on Wiki. Why isn't SOE doing anything about the big problem? Why isn't there an option to report people for TKing? People need to start getting banned. There are outfits who are known for teamkilling. Some of us don't wanna put up with that **** anymore.
  8. Santondouah

Just because it would be such a mess to deal with... A "report" mechanism that involves SOE would never work.

IMO it would be interesting to be able to perform some "votebans" as it was possible on Counter-Strike with AMX mode. Principle : when somebody gets annoyed by somebody else, he/she can voteban for that nasty guy. When a certain amount of votants is reached, the player gets banned for a few hours.

It cannot worked like this in PS2 (a unique outfit could ban whoever they want and people could log a reroll in the opposite faction to voteban a good player). Let's say for instance only people that actually got TKed by the nasty guy can vote and above 5 votes, the guy gets banned. This is just an example and could result in an instant ban in case of Galaxy crash/sundie upside down/massive roadteamkill, which is not good either.

Or just create a simple rule regarding C4... It's really hard to kill an ally (at least an ally vehicle) with C4 by accident.

Anyway, something has to be done. I'm getting really tired of the "friendly" LA that comes to a really well situated sundy and blows it...
    • Up x 2
  9. Galvstrike

Can we please do something about the annoying people at warpgates spamming their guns all day? it's friggin annoying, especially when you're trying to get a public squad together.
  10. Renuse

OK GUYS. If the were to start putting things into effect like less damage from fellow faction players, or no damage, things would start to become even more unreal and less tactical. We would be sacrificing an important element of game play here, realism. I know its a Sci Fi extravaganza in PS2, but having guns, bombs, and cars kill you only makes sense and needs to be an element in play in order to make the tactics of suppressive fire via hellfire missiles while our infantry move in, an applicable, feared, and understood move (IE you dont run into bullets and bombs cause you will die.). What if i could just have a guy sit on a point, and every vehicle fire HE rounds on the point. whilst my 'same faction' guy just chilled out capping a point in a storm of fire that practically makes him IMMORTAL.

The simple fact is TK is NEEDED in this game in order to make it work, and the game environment is created by the players. The more the game nannies you, the more lame it is going to be. Restrictions and rules lead to less doors we can explore in order to have fun.

As another note, when you get TK'd, (im not a TK'er, but sliding down a hill on a sundie, or harasser has landed some pretty hefty friendly kill numbers :'( ) THERES NO PERMA PENALTY. YOU. RE-SPAWN. INDEFINITELY. Who can argue with infinite resurrection?

If you love the real gift PS2 has given us, then you will understand (even want) being killed JUST as easily by friendlies as you would be by enemies.

I would be in complete support of some sort of vote ban for an hour or two by the people you TK and a few people who saw it. WITH THE TK'er being able to EXPLAIN HIMSELF, rather than having been banned for some of the crazy things that can happen. For example, I killed 3 dudes with my sundie (I wasnt in it) when it got pushed over a hill into our friendlies. I was no where near the event. Or when a friendly and enemy were both in front of my claymore, which exploded, killing them both. The claymore makes sense, and was pretty much unavoidable since they were probably in an intense close quarters fight. But the "fault" for the sundie kills? That got me close to getting locked. I was pissed at SOE and the game for that one.

PS As a combat veteran, I would like to add that this 'TK' fear adds to the feeling of the game (the fear mainly). After all when you see a lightning speeding at you as you hide in a bush, what goes through your head?

FINALLY. I know. Wrong thread. So let us complain about TKing and in game harassment somewhere else.

SOE and PS2 Team, thank you and keep up the good work!!! Keep the game good guys, dont make it so safe its boring.
  11. Santondouah

Who said to remove friendly fire ? Yes friendly fire is necessary in such a game. Yes accidents happen. But TK on purpose and friendly vehicle destruction is really getting annoying.

A related topic was created in the right place: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/team-kill-on-purpose-is-really-getting-annoying.158025/

EDIT: BTW, IMO TK is a form of harassment.
  12. Azzara7

If so they should find a good way to identify them, because in really intense battles i've overrun multiple (sometimes as much as 10) people walking in front of behind my tank which i didnt see, not doing it on purpose. And also people walking around near tanks should pay more attention them self...
    • Up x 1
  13. SaitoSAC

What should be mentioned is that there is practically no way of providing proof of harassment since SOE doesn't accept video/audio recordings from players.
    So even if you record someone insulting you or threatening you by ingame-voice SOE just doesn't care.
    In the end this means that there is no way to stop this except logging off or turn off proximity voice chat.
    Since SOE doesn't accept "unofficial" recordings I doubt they accept "unofficial" screenshots. This would mean that you could also be insulted or threatened by chat without consequences. I doubt they safe all the chat data.

Edit: You can ignore my post - topic was about misbehavior on Wiki, not in-game.
  14. PastalavistaBB

Intentional Teamkilling or constant /tells, threatening people, insulting players family members is unacceptable. But it's a game where you kill people, there will always be hostility and smack talk. It's actually part of Roleplaying and can add depth to the game. For example; the Spandex/Gay jokes in-game aren't even considered insulting anymore. Same with calling NC Smurfs or TR Elmos. Anybody who can't cope with that might want to play Hello Kitty Online. I understand that it's a F2P game and there are people of all ages and gender, but that doesn't mean SOE has to create a "Child Safe" online environment in-game.

Edit: I didn't realize that this topic is about the Wikia, not in-game. My bad.
  15. CowPie

I think what really NEEDS to be done ASAP is to remove the ability to team kill. Make it like it is while in the warp gate. No team/faction damage at all...EVER. Faction vehicles are transparent to same faction. Using your grenades and C4 and such will be wasted as foolish use of resources.

With the argument of sunderer placement and such I say either get there first or don't try to destroy some other outfit so you can have the spot. On blocking...that would be completely eliminated when your same faction vehicles are transparent to each other. No in air crashes either would be a nice thing. The warming thing and the weapons lock could still be in place for those that want to still be a nuisance.

Will there be too much dumb fire? Maybe at first but then the other side can do it too and when people realize that they could be hit thru one of their same faction players then maybe they would stop trying to use a body as a human shield while playing a medic. Make people actually try to play the game.

OK....before you know it alls start blasting me for my opinion I want you to think this through. You may or may not know that every day there are players that have a dummy character that they can use to go to a winning faction just for the purpose or team killing in an effort to have them drain resources. After resources are depleted they leave and go back and pick up the battle knowing that many players can no longer pull the aircraft and armor that they would like. This can be a huge battle swing. You don't think it happens. I have played with outfits that do this on a regular basis. Under the current game scheme you can swap back and forth even during alerts and there is nothing in place to limit this. Yes we have a reporting system but if it really worked I'm sure we would hear about it.

Go ahead people...let the discussion begin but I think the end result would be a much better game play without having to worry about the stupid players or the unintended mistakes.
  16. Ronin Oni

Nice Hijack Santon....

this thread had NOTHING to do with FF, but you just can't let a thread with SOE dev go without mentioning it can ya?

This isn't even the right forum SECTION to complain
  17. Noktaj

I know that jbridges stands for Jennifer but this flash in my mind made me laugh
    [IMG]

You being harrassed? You don't want to mess with this guy :D
    • Up x 1
  18. Saturax

Well pay attention to your surounding too ( at least watch mini map ) its not like they did port right behind tank and 10 kills in one battle :D is realy OP. try keep it lower :D Same with guys who blame some on for jumping in front of him :D its 99%times shooter mistake. You can blame him for jumping in front of you and thats why enemy killed you in fire line, but you will not make TK when you stop shoot and moust weapons dont kill with one shot. ( + player in front of you can be used like human shild :p if you dont kill him yourself )
  19. StressLevel

I am a very active player and always wanted my vehicle kills or deaths to be clarifity in order to improve my game experience, just wondered why soe haven`t done anything about it
  20. NVCoveringFire

Add people who jump in front of your speeding prowler expecting you to stop on a dime to the list ;)
    • Up x 1