Why TR claymores are the BEST mines

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NightFall, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Arcanum

Do they still detonate? Damn, all this time I thought invisible mines was being caused by dynamic rendering. Well, maybe it still is but it doesn't matter much because it is rare for situations where mines will only render when you step on them.
  2. Sharmanti

The NC and VS ones are better.. Almost invisible, and if triggered, always a kill on me atleast.

It's not that the claymores NEED a buff, but the others could be redesigned.

Sure... you could guard a corner with the claymore but it's not often you suspect a mine lying around so you won't constantly search teh ground for one and when you enter a room, mine in doorway, boom
  3. }{ellKnight

The thing with the other mines is that they're somewhat flat and collision meshes and detection aren't exactly stellar in this game (then again there hasn't been ONE game that didn't have odd collision boxes). So they sink thus making them impossible to see. Claymores have a bigger height and stick out more. IF I were given a choice between a claymore and the others I wouldn't pick the claymore.

There was this situation at the crown where a VS engineer was capping the C point. I made my way over there and proceeded to melt his face with my TRV. I noticed he was in the "holding a mine" animation when he died so after he died I didn't move and looked around me, didn't see anything. Moved about 1 meter towards where his corpse used to be and got blown up by the AP mine he laid down.
  4. NightFall

look harder. VS mines have glowing lines.
  5. EvilKoala

If you look hard enough, you can see through the floor?
  6. Akrasjel

Puting two claymors on one door is a waste, from my experience :D
  7. Cougarbrit

Double the range, half the area covered.
  8. NightFall

assuming r = 1
    VS/NC mines -- area = pi *r^2 = pi
    TR mines -- (4pi)/4 also = pi, but with MORE damage

stay in school please.
  9. Bambolero

The 'green lines' which shows the owner of the mine the blast cone are only visable by your faction and not visible to other factions, I've never seen them as NC and if others have it's probably a bug.
    NC mines have some particles above them too, I'm guessing visible only by NC of course.
  10. Curse_Gamerkin

more damage? then those heavies that survive my claymore to the face, are in fact.. dead? witchcraft.
    And too often my claymores get destroyed cuz they stick 1 foot from the ground, its trash, the point of a claymore isnt to be the most noticeable thing in the room.
  11. Cougarbrit

Huh, I derped.

Obviously I am going to do well in this Engineering degree.
  12. NightFall

depends on the college you're going to.
  13. MarioO

That guy again, never tired of playing the proud TR although everyone knows he's writing wrong facts.
    Even if the stats of the TR mine was as good as he says (what they aren't, but that's not even the topic), it would still be much too visible...
  14. Sexx

All the mines are awful and should be removed from the game.
  15. Cougarbrit

It's pretty good in the UK. Highish rank, and absolutely full of asians. Absolutely full of them.
    • Up x 1
  16. NightFall

Hello A mario!

We all know you're the same guy as IGladUMad.

p.s. learn to read the first post before writing BS
  17. MarioO

No, I'm not that guy (who ever is that, but if he says that you are writing crap and are propably not a TR player I already like him).

And no matter what you say, even we asume that the stats make the TR mine as good as the other ones, you just can't be that stupid to deny how dumb a player has to be that he doesn't see the claymore.
  18. Radec594

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Good jokes (;
  19. TeknoBug

Claymores are the best? They're the easiest to spot, those bright yellow lasers sticking out, the VS proximity mine seems to be the hardest to spot because it likes to sink into terrain or floors.
  20. NightFall

you obviously didn't read post #1