Why is this game still fun to you?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EGuardian1, Jan 4, 2015.

1. EGuardian1

Just curious - thought crossed my mind just now and well, people still here.

Myself?

1.) Doing things that really REALLY shouldn't be done. Examples below
    • Running people over with a reaver *see sig*.
    • Killing people with joke guns (love the Candy Cannon)
    • Trying to mess with people's heads like dropping a Sunderer from Broken Arch cliffs onto a tank.
    • Or getting Harassers into Rashnu Biolab (yes it can be done)
    • Getting a Valkyrie into Subteranean Nanite in the middle of a fight (It didn't last long, but it was hilarious)
    • Duster kIlls against Armor or inordinate amounts of infantry. Just should NOT happen.
    • Killing a Lightning with a Candy Cannon. Yes this happened.
    2.) Liberator
    This vehicle is literally one of the few things keeping me in this game. It's tanky enough that you don't get instagibbed (most of the time) and fast enough to get to where you need to go. t's a team vehicle so i have one or two buddies and we work together in comms, doesn't even matter if we're effective (most of the time) it's just awesome.

SoloLibbing is both frustrating when i'm outnumbered and outgunned, but hilarious when i'm that supposedly easy kill for you in an ESF, but then i afterburner into you and smash you to pieces. Or Tankbusting your tank to flames, then switch to the Duster JUST for the lulz.

3.) Point holds
    This is a distant third. With a really tight squad it can be epic EPIC fun to hold off superior numbers, but with the resource system the way it is and redeployside, this just isn't anywhere near as fun as it used to be to be the 1-2 squads who go from a 40/60 hold to a 15/85 wipe. You need at LEAST a platoon to be more than a bit effective and at those numbers it's just a grindfest.

4.) Auraxium Weapons.
    Just because.
    I HAVE THE BRAWLER. I NEVER HAVE TO USE SHOTGUNS AGAIN.
  2. Brad seven

I don't have fun in this game since alerts don't happen any more.
  3. Archiadus

Whenever I'm really bored I pick fights with 2/3 Harassers, I pretend that I'm playing a racing game and the enemy faction are the cops trying to pull me over, I might have issues. :oops:

Another thing that I really enjoy doing in my Harasser is attacking Lightnings with my trusty Walker gunner, I find myself enjoying the thrill of driving close up in their face only to dodge the shells by an inch ( that is if the game decides to register their shells / hits properly ) as their HP slowly but surely decreases. :D
    • Up x 1
  4. andy_m

I'm just addicted...
    • Up x 1
  5. TriumphantJelly

I... I don't know...
  6. Paqu

Lately the only thing that has kept me playing is the Flash. More specifically the rumble seat of the Flash where we try to do different things. Most of them are not even effective at all, like trying to kill infantry with flare gun from the rumble but its fun.

Playing my favourite class, the light assault, has been more frustrating than fun for the past few months. Finding a good fight is the biggest challenge. By that I mean a fight where the pops on the hex are about even and its not a 96+ vs 96+ fight where there is so much players in a tiny base that you cant move at all without being shot from every possible angle.

Now when I do find a good fight they usually end within few minutes. Simply because a big enemy zergfit decides to redeploy to defend that base when we are about to cap it after a nice fight. Or vise versa big zergfit of our own redeploys to defend/attack and completely crushes the enemy by sheer number. Its both boring and frustrating.
  7. HAXTIME

There are so many ways to get involved in this game that it is almost as if you played different games in the same world. I've been Libbing for months, then now switched to prowler. If I get bored with that, I just go infantry: then again, I have at least 5 completely different playstyles I can choose from.

It is pretty hard to get bored. But this game needs more faction diversity.
  8. FieldMarshall

"I like this game because it doesent have alot of performance issues and bugs.
    Its well balanced. Whenever i die i feel like "Yes. That was fair and makes sense"
    Also soe respects and communicates well with their customers. Makes me feel appriciated and valuable."
    • Up x 5
  9. Chrispin

I feel like that is the total opposite of what 90% of the forums think.
  10. HadesR

Pretty sure it was thick with sarcasm :p
    • Up x 2
  11. Ragmon

Simply, there us no other open-world F2P MMOFPS out there... that I know of.
    • Up x 3
  12. IPLAYTF2

the infantry v infantry (not including maxes) and tank v tank gameplay is quite fun and balanced. have no idea about air since i'm too terrible to fly and have no desire to get wrecked for hundreds of hours. what's not fun and balanced is when vehicles start fighting infantry and vehicles getting lock on'd by infantry.

so basically the fun gameplay is very rare since this is just a massive pub game with no way to play other game modes or formats. there are no dedicated servers you can rent monthly so you can't do balanced organized competitive play vs other outfits or teams with certain restrictions like vehicles weapons or classes which is the biggest problems with this game imo
  13. ReconTeemo

It's fun because it's the best free to play mmofps that has everything. It's the only good free fps I could find atm. I got burned out in this game quit for almost a year, came back but not as fun anymore unless you are playing with friends or in an "active" outfit that do stuff together. :(
  14. BlueSkies

Simple.. I love FPS but got bored with the typical small map, limited match BS.

As frustrating as a number of things in this game can be... getting involved in multi-hour battles that spawn huge amounts of territory is... fun
  15. NoctD

Pretty much this.

Star Citizen isn't released yet - its more flight based of an MMO though. I have tried out the in progress Arena Commander - just concerned it might be far too hardcore though. I don't have desk space for a full HOTAS setup, and losing ships without ship insurance in the MP world would be pretty bad. Its an MMO space combat sim though so not the same as PS2 either really.

There's also the issue of guilds/clans - a lot of MP games require you to associate to a guild/clan, but in PS2 you are really a de facto member of a clan - your faction. It allows for team based gameplay even for individual players who are not associated with an outfit.

This is precisely why I'm still playing PS2 - cause its one big massive ball of everything - and competitive players/guilds/clans don't make the rules. Its perfect for more casual gamers in this regard. I don't care for games that have private servers and these other modes you are talking about - tried BF, and no thank you really.
  16. LibertyRevolution

I play for those moments that can only happen in Planetside2.
    They are few and far between, but when those moments happen, my god is it epic.

When is the last time you saw 40 drifter light assaults bailing from max altitude gals making it rain 80 blocks of C4?
  17. Whatupwidat

The sheer variety of stuff to do, ways to fight, and sizes of fight really.
  18. TheFamilyGhost

The spectacle of the larger battles.

The online combat is good, with the controls still being extremely accessible.

Also, I don't know of any other games that give huge battlefields and "the basics", such as FF and such.
  19. AlterEgo

This game is just too epic. When I joined in May... 13 or something, 2013, I played the game for a day...
    Then uninstalled. I was still playing Star Wars: Battlefront 2 up to that point, and while Planetside was nice... It wasn't nearly as good as good 'ole space battles.
    However, the thoughts of the battles I saw stuck in my head. I decided to give the game another chance a week and a half later.

Possibly the greatest video gaming decision in my nineteen years of living. This game just got me hooked, like once I started, I couldn't stop:p So many relatable things in this game occur, like placing C4 on cars, tanks, HUMANS (Guess where I'm from), and just the way the factions are and COULD be always has me hyped.
  20. NoctD

Max altitude Gals drops are for cowards... I've seen pretty regular BWC drops from Gals on top of vehicle zergs actually.