[BUG] Why is it the Low ping is punished and high ping gets free Kills ???

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeathbyGotcha, Sep 3, 2016.

1. FieldMarshall

I usually have low ping, but have had high before. And its not as awesome as it sounds.
    Enemies are warping around all over and you can barely track targets. You randomly die even if there is nobody on your screen.
    And those are just a few exmaples. High ping is very frustrating.

I guarantee you that you are havign more fun than the enemies you are fighting with high ping.
  2. Demigan

I really don't see the connection between what I said and NC teamkilling.
  3. The Hivemind

If you keep moving around corners you will see a high ping enemy first most of the times if you run into them.

If a high ping enemy sees you from behind It's possible to get shot in the back at a corner because you lag behind on his screen and it can seem like he shot you through a wall (very frustrating).

If you camp on 1 spot, the client of the high ping enemy will not have to update your location so he will see you as soon as he enters your field of view while HIS model will appear LATER on your screen.

However with a low ping you always have the advantge of damage being sent to the server earlier. If both players deal the same amount of damage on their client, the server will decide that the high ping player died before he could get off his last shots, so his last bullets will not count.

PS: I am personally not a big fan of all this sprinting, jumping, strafing with little to no aim penalty, no stamina issues and no need to catch breath. You know if the infantry would perform more human, some long range weapons (such as sniper rifles) or semi auto weapons would be a lot more valuable. Running around fast non stop is OP and unimmersive. High ping doesn't help at all.