Why is it eaier to roadkill friendlies than enemies?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Diamond Sword, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Grahf Azura

I have put this to the test in my Magrider and something is wrong here.

It is far easier to run over and kill a team mate than it is to run over and kill an enemy.

So they either need to make it harder to kill team mates or easier to kill enemies by running them over because it just don’t make sense as it is now.
  2. Littleman

I try and avoid enemy tanks whenever possible. I don't always succeed. I do always live after kissing their bumper. When it comes to friendlies, I could swear I completely avoided them, and still die.

It's like... maybe SOE intended for FF roadkills to be off, but got it backwards.
  3. U4EA

I've had enemy players stuck inside my tank, alive, after trying to run them over while on the other hand I can kill a friendly by merely turning my tank around...
  4. Puppy

I can park my sundy, deploy it, jump out, jump onto the sundy, then die from it randomly. (You have committed suicide.)
  5. Tasogie

if you drove over 10, you would have been instantly weapon locked.
    • Up x 1
  6. ANGER MANAGMENT BEAR

Great work, Captain Exaggeration Debunker! The day is once again unnecessarily safe from somewhat falsified claims!
    • Up x 1
  7. Diamond Sword

It could look like it's intended if the friendly fire damage mitigation is bugged so it mitigates damage done to enemies, but deals full damage to friendlies... It could be this, but I kinda doubt it.

Who said I wasn't? It only locks you from shooting the guns; I can still drive the tank just fine.
  8. AUSGrizzly

I get ran over by Enemy ATVs all the time. I can't even squish a guy in a Sundy that I drifted into him, full side on hit, he bounces around it and puts a Rocket into my **** for my troubles...
  9. Inu

The question is answered in the OP's post.

If you think you're clear of hitting someone, you're not.
    If you think you're gonna hit someone, you're not.

The net code is balls right now. /endthread
  10. Diamond Sword

Yeah... That's how friendlies can die while you're stationary. Poor netcode. :rolleyes:
  11. smokemaker

They have already change this a lot. If you think its too easy to tk now with vehicles, where where you in the 1st few weeks.
  12. Cyco959

Glad im not the only one that was intrigued by this occurance...They should definately fix it so i can magmower some terrans instead of my own outfit...and yeah, shoulda been in beta when you could damage people inside WG still....and weapons would lock after you hit someone a few times
  13. Bloodskull

I've definitely killed more friendlies unintentionally than kill enemies by intentionally hitting them. Something's rotten in Denmark.
  14. Diamond Sword

I've been around since beta. It's never changed.
  15. sestun

It works great when I drive up on my Flash. Jump off, place a anti-tank mine or two. Get run over a few times and die. Mine goes off and dead tank. Fair trade off.
  16. XphaedX

i parked my sundy on the hill at crossroads...you know the one where it resupplies all the tanks on top. parking there makes your sundy ever so slowly slide down the hill a bit.

...it, while deployed and no one in it, killed 2 afkers

i've never had my weapons locked, but if i ever did from something like this, i'd be really pissed.
  17. Smaisteri

I can drive my Lightning 10 meters past a friendly soldier and he gets mushed. Sometimes I run directly over an enemy and nothing happens to him.
  18. Somentine

Nearly choked on my water, thanks.
  19. cardboardbacon

I think I may have figured it out.

After a solid hour of attempting to squish smurfs with my Flash, the player hitbox appears to be about 5 or 10 metres ahead of the actual player model. It seems to apply to teammates as well.

Test it out. If you see an enemy moving perpendicular to your position, cross their path a few metres infront of their player model and the hit should register.
  20. Blaank

That is indicative of **** netcode. At least bullets have compensation and hit when you shoot the player model. They must not have put any kind of compensation in for ramming damage. So it really does hit where they actually are instead of where it tells you they are.

We need lag compensation for ramming damage.