Why is it eaier to roadkill friendlies than enemies?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Diamond Sword, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Diamond Sword

Seriously, this is ******* annoying to no end. I can end up TKing someone while stationary if they bump into my vehicle, yet enemies just get pushed around without taking damage most of the time. I just went through an area filled with enemies running them over; there was about 20 or so guys in a tight group, I got maybe 4 kills before being annihilated.

Come back a few minutes later with another tank, end up driving over like 10 team mates; only seeing 3 of them and they still died even though I stopped because they walked into the side of the tank -.-
    • Up x 10
  2. CoffeeBreak

I've been wondering about this too. I like to think it's just lag and they aren't actually in the same place I am; then you have those times where the enemy is just as confused as you are and they stand there and let you run back and forth through them.
  3. MilitiaMan

Yep, I have hit people dead on with the VG and nothing.....Someone appears out of no where and boom! TK.....So bloody anoyying..
  4. Xind

Have you ever had a man run and jump into your treads while you were stationary and die? That's the one that confuses me, I have to make three passes on some infantry before they appropriately crunch. I can also attest that I've had as many as seven people in the same room playing the game...you are not where you think you are on the screen in relation to each other all the time. Hell in one instance, he was in a TR Dual AI Max and when he moved, his model stayed in position and he spawned a generic vanu heavy model holding an orion that walked to his destination and then transformed back into him. I shot at him so many times saying, "There's a vanu!" and he kept saying, "You're shooting at me."
  5. Ghostfox

Driving at 5 kph, bump a friendly, and they explode in a cloud of red mist.

Run over an enemy, hit reverse, run him over, go forward, run him over, hit reverse, run him over, go forward again, run him over and absolutely nothing.
    • Up x 2
  6. Protential

I always wondered this...
  7. LameFox

I even kill allies I thought I'd totally missed, due to desync or something. Either that or they really do run into the side of the tank as it passes them by, I guess I wouldn't be too surprised.
  8. LameFox

Maybe our enemies are like that thing in Jeepers Creepers...
  9. Frosty The Pyro

i used the deploy on squad leader once and it landed me under a deployed sunderer and killed me. a medic revied me but i dided instantly because i was still under the sunderer. it was kinda funny, but i would definatly be anoyed if it happened often.
  10. Ghostfox

The oddest thing I've had happen was driving my brothers Vanguard. We were at one of the tech plants in Amerish and kept having some odd issues, where it was like my connection kept stopping.

I ended up getting out of my vanguard and then someone just... drove off with it as if they were in it the whole time. The only thing I can think is that the server somehow confused me and the other person as driving the same vehicle.
  11. XphaedX

i have this issue also
  12. ANGER MANAGMENT BEAR

They obviously made it like this so that magriders would have the disadvantage of plowing every friendly player nearby. Seriously, never try to walk anywhere within 300 meters of one as a VS infantry.
    • Up x 3
  13. Fabien

They designed this game from the ground up for massive multi-player....

"Why don't you design the game then?!" -- heh, lame excuse, don't release something when it's barely out of Alpha, into Beta, and collect money - that's miss-leading.. Call it an open beta and only take the Alpha squad pre-payments.

At least they seem to be active on replying to most comments, showing intent on making the game better. We'll see in a few weeks how the patches roll out.
  14. katuy

I have seen the exact same issue in game. Friendlies even near my tank sometimes explode into red mist but to kill an opponent by raming it is VERY difficult sometimes you have to run them over a few times to make it stick. ATV seem even worse I can bump enemy atv and they are fine but if I get even close to a friendly there is a good chance it will just blow up.
  15. Frosty The Pyro

oh forgot to mention, a big part of it is likely that freindlies are less aware of you. in their head you are n their side, and so are much less of a threat andtherefor less active in avoiding you. Enemies go "well thats an enemy, better pay extra atention so he doesnt run me the **** over" and are as such more actively trying to avoid you.
    • Up x 1
  16. Xind

If I can say anything about being infantry, I now look both ways before crossing streets in real life with far more fervor.
    • Up x 1
  17. Ghostfox

I've nailed enemies dead center of my lightning. They didn't jump, they didn't really even do anything to avoid... they just kind of slid over the top of my lightning, following the contour.
  18. Diamond Sword

If it was merely lag, it would be consistent for team and enemy kills.
  19. KoSGunny

No, as a player who is now experienced at Plateside 2.. I pay FAR more attention to friendly tanks than enemies: I don't take my eyes off those buggers. They are hulking masses of destruction, whereas enemy tanks are simply annoying splash damage that I hide from.
  20. CoffeeBreak

Indeed. I don't really know why it would be intended but it almost looks like it is. The hit detection seems fully functional in the game because I could run over as many friendly players as I want. Hell, I run people over when I dismount a tank and leave it outside a building and people get to close to it.(the stationary kills probably are bugs).

Maybe you're supposed to be able to hit friendly players to support situational awareness and not supposed to run over enemies because it encourages a ton of tanks going into choke points and trying to do it.