why heavy assault sucks

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by tahn1000, Jul 26, 2014.

1. tahn1000

people are going to see this as a whinge and a rant, i don't care. it's my honest opinion. i'm so sick of the way TR heavy assault build in terms of simple armour (not counting so-called "abilities", also nerfed already), weapons, and missiles has been nerfed. "heavy assault" suggests stronger defensive and offensive capability somewhere between light assault and maxes. this is blatantly not the case.
    • Up x 1
  2. Badname3073

:eek:
    • Up x 9
  3. Liam23490

Come off it. You have a huge advantage in 1v1s, Resist Shield can double your hit points! You can equip something in your arsenal to engage any unit in the game, and you can even use your rocket launcher to kill infantry. You get concussion grenades - People can't even move when they get hit by these! You can equip C4 too!

Heavy Assault is OP if anything. If you can't use it, then you need to learn to play.
    • Up x 2
  4. Plunutsud pls

Y'all postin in a troll thread.
    • Up x 12
  5. WUNDER8AR

Afaik the overshield basically doubles your hit points and LMGs are beastly weapons, probably the best weapons in the game seeing that you're more often than not facing multiple enemies at a time. With access to Concussion grenades, Medkits and even C4 you can become the terror. What do you want more?

Edit: ya what Liam said. I'm too slow today.
  6. SeanFree

1/10 if real, 1.5/10 if troll.
    • Up x 1
  7. Liam23490

8. Liam23490

Praise Vanu for medics like WUNDER8AR, sure I've been revived by you a few times!
    • Up x 1
  9. Halo572

I agree, 100 rounds with LMB pressed down and no aiming isn't enough.

Maybe 500 without reloading? Or if they really wanted to make the heavy worth playing - have infinite ammo produced by nanites in the chamber.

They would have to have a 'toggle autofire' keybind so that you didn't have to hold LMB for your whole session.

If not that would just be silly and would hurt your wrist.
  10. Kanil

That would be so unfair to your accuracy stat, though... and we all know stats are the only measurement of your worth as a human being. Heavy might be viable if it was a smart autofire, that only shot when it would hit the target.
    • Up x 2
  11. Bankrotas

Look, who's talking...
  12. Kunavi

The only worthy question that this can spawn is whether or not it is OK that MAX are just HA2...
  13. Saviorself

Heavy assaults are terrifying...

And MAX units even more so.
  14. Kalivix

All I'm going to add is that people who never play HA seem to like to lie about them... the shield isn't that much of a bonus, it lets you survive for about a second longer at best, and the resist shield is only helpful at long range as it reduces the damage but doesn't stop it so high amounts of damage will still kill you very quickly.

the LMGs aren't actually that good, they are a jack of all trades guns so you'll never dominate people with them but people with guns for specific ranges will absolutely slaughter you.

The reason people use HAs so much is the rockets, I keep trying to play other classes then I see a MAX or a tank and get annoyed that theres no way to kill them except C4 which doesn't work that well on competent drivers (though it is hilarious blowing up idiots who sit next to a balcony while staring at the floor). And of course sundies... blockade armour means you need 2-3 rockets to blow them up and theres nothing more annoying than sneaking up to a sundie, putting 2 C4 on it and it not blowing up.
    • Up x 3
  15. Liam23490

Please correct me if I am mistaken, but my understanding of the resist shield is that it mitigates damage by 45%, basically doubling your total hit points. This is a huge advantage at all ranges and in all situations.

The LMGs are quite decent. They seem to be a middle-ground weapon, and they have large magazines. The overshield more than makes up for any lack of hipfire accuracy in close quarters.
    • Up x 2
  16. Rift23

The class that kills everything and can pop an overshield definitely sucks.
  17. SevenTwo

Yes, it is a whinge and a rant and no, we don't care when the complaints presented aren't based upon any factual evidence, that gives reason for there being a complaint in the first place.

But whatever floats your boat man.
    • Up x 1
  18. SynaptixBrainstorm

you are ******* wrong sir
    • Up x 1
  19. Rogueghost

Your math is a bit off, resist shield gives you 450 extra health, assuming you activate it at full health, giving a total of 1,450 health.

Its a bit less then NMG and Adrenalin which give you 500 and also stacks with nanoweave, which in total gives you 1,800 health, much closer to doubling ones health.

Resist shield recharges much faster, in exchange up for being weaker, making it the preferred overshield.
  20. patrykK1028

One word: RPG
    Ive got.more kills on S1 than on any LMG.
    But they are going to be nerfed so another:
    One word: shield
    With shield I can kill.guys with cqc guns when I am using Polaris which has low damage and low RoF