[BUG] why does TR not have a high-dmg-low-spread Carbine like the other factions?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by spoonmanxx, Jan 9, 2013.

1. spoonmanxx

vanu and NC have both carbines with 167+ dmg and a low spread on first shot.

TR is missing this.
    even the TR-Carbine that says its built for range has same dmg and spread as all other TR Carbines.
    is this intended or a bug?
  2. Wolfwood82

Because that goes against TR's faction motto.
    • Up x 1
  3. Iridar51

How come this is [bug], lol?

TR and Vany have 2 CQC Carbines, but only one sniping carbine, NC has 2 sniping carbines, but 1 CQC Carbine, you think this is bug too?

What fun would be there if all sides were mirrors of each other.
  4. Wolfwood82

They pretty much are... I've pointed this out dozens of times during beta.
  5. Wildclaw

But somehow it is not against the NC and VS motto to have
    • Carbines that fire faster than any TR carbines.
    • Carbines that fire slower than any TR carbines.
    • Carbines that deal more damage than any TR carbines.
    • Carbines that deal the same damage as all TR carbines.
    • Carbines with more recoil than any TR carbines.
    • Carbines with less (VS) or the same (NC) recoil than any TR carbines.
    • Up x 1
  6. Machine Spirit

you have that full auto terminator style machine gun, dont you dare complain!

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  7. Plague Rat

Probably for the same reason NC doesn't have a carbine with innately tighter hip fire accuracy (like the VX6-7 and the Jaguar)

But instead of focusing on what you lack, look at what you have:
    To start TR carbines have a tighter ADS CoF and 20% less CoF bloom per shot, and better rates of fire than NC carbines with the sole exception of the GD-7F, and the bigger clips and ammo pools to feed them. Accuracy and RoFs on par with VS but without the extra range damage drop, and TR also has the only two carbines that allow faster movement speeds while ADS. (Lynx and Jaguar only reduce speed by 25% as opposed to 50% of every other carbine)
  8. Ghoest

Probably because the AC-X11 is the worst NC carbine and exists primarily just for the sake of faction lore.
  9. failbot

If I'm not mistaken the T5 AMC did do 167 damage in beta, but everyone whined about it and now we are left with 6 carbines that are basically identical.
    • Up x 3
  10. Vorpal

It is a problem that all the TR carbines are essentially identical and feel just about the same.

Whereas there are clear differences in the various NC and especially the VS carbines. There's worlds of difference btween a pulsar -C and Vx67, for example.
  11. Skadi

You meen the ****** MCG thats spinup time is longer than the TTK than most guns?
  12. Gary

Before anyone says we have the faster firing carbnes we do not... We are also missing an 845 RPM carbine and the NC and VS 845 RPM carbines share the same stats as our slower carbines but have increased Fire rate... Giving them carbines which are directly better since they share similar recoil and cof stats but just gain the increased firing speed
    • Up x 2
  13. Skadi

But obv our increased ammo gives us a massive advantage /sarcasm
  14. Raidashi

It does?

Perhaps not directly, but if you ever seriously played with carbines even the GD7F (which has the highest TTK) CONSTANTLY misses kills because it just runs out of ammo... And you know what? 95% of the time that happens I die to TR carbines simply higher ammo capacity. Then to boot, i've been sprayed to death while under partial cover that normally would have mitigated enough damage from a standard sized clip that the extra 10 rounds still do me in (or just leave me vastly too wounded to compete). I dont run into this issue against VS, since it still boils down to a pistol/knife fight if we run out, which is cool too.

Oh right. Also your half again faster than every one else while ADS...

Your carbines are ******* awesome. Stop crying. L2P.
    • Up x 1
  15. Skadi

"L2P" can be said to you as well, the GD7F is a amazing wep, ive died to it in the past, its also alot easier to compensate for while actualy aiming, and before you spew recoil ********, your weapons are consistant, most TR weapons have randomized recoil...

The ammo bonus isnt as great as you want to believe it is, it doesnt meen much to me if they can kill me before i can get off enough shots to actualy harm them, its a trade off, bullet hose or hit like a truck, i honestly would trade carbines with you as the NC ones fit my playstyle more, i dont NEED the extra ammo they come with most of the time when im using harder hitting weps.

(PS. i do play my medic more than my LA/Engi when it comes to actual combat with other infantry, and when i do im using the NS-11)
  16. nitram1000

Because they have an smg for a pistol ffs
  17. Skadi

The repeaters fine, its just all the VS sidearms ******* blow.
  18. Krona

This is somewhat true.

While not all TR carbines are remotely identical, the T5 AMC is a piece of crap clone of the TRAC-5. It needs its damage increased.

The sad thing is you're one of the only TR to admit the Repeater's power.

Basically for pistols it's Repeater/Rebel, if using anything else, you're at a disadvantage.
  19. Skadi

Its because i have a VS i like to play, and i can say that your flashlight is about as useless as the flashlight attachment for my TR's repeater.
  20. Raidashi

I wasnt complaining about the GD7F, i was just using it as an example, since its stupidly easy to just dump the clip. Whether or not you get a kill, in my experience, is range or how well you track. Happens to all 845rpm 30 round carbines. As stated, its extremely easy to just not land enough rounds and have to pull out the pistol. Dont think i've ever seen a TR need to do that unless they literally dry up their ammo pool. (then its just more bullet hose action for them lol)

TBH, regardless of recoil, i consider TR carbines to be superior, if only for the faster movement while ADS. Its badass. I dont have alot of experience with them but i certainly notice. I usually dont ADS with my GD7F because at the range where i'd like to do that, its usually too far for the gun to do anything but harass and waste ammo, so i just retain my mobility. I notice with TR weapons, i ADS alot more (almost all the time). I just wish it took less time to bring the sights up. Thats where you loose the most DPS.