[BUG] why does TR not have a high-dmg-low-spread Carbine like the other factions?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by spoonmanxx, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Gary

Honestly i have it equipped and have it certed, I rarely see the need for it though. I am often killed by other pistols since they have superior accuracy, Guess it comes down to preference in the end!

Pistols are not for finishing people of at close range, They are for swapping to in times of need at any range when reloading is not an option.... Sure this could be close range but i have often died because i could not reload fast enough and the enemy was out of what i deemed the range of the Burst pistol. Everything has its up and down sides.
  2. Wildclaw

Who says that it has to have 40 rounds. Seriously, I am sick and tired of lame arguments that want all TR weapon to be copies of each other, while NC/VS have significant variety in their selections.

Besides, why are you pretending like I was arguing for TR 845 rpm weapons. For god sake, this topic isn't even about high rpm weapons. All I pointed out is that TR weapon variety is horrible. And while there are lots of ways to increase variety in TR weapons, I didn't suggest any specific one.

The whole "TR must have larger magazines" is stupidity on the part of those advocating it". When you lock a stat into place, it has severe unintended consequences. And the AMC is probably the prime example of that. A simple 40 bullet magazine rule by the developers turned what was meant to be a mid range carbine into a laughing stock as that was the only way they could "balance" (lol) it.
    • Up x 2
  3. Ghoest

"Huge damage"?
    I assume you men it has "huge" damage per shot - which is a meaningless figure out side of single shot sniping.
  4. {joer

I think the TR faction motto is "sucking beyond 30m". Don't quote me on that.
  5. Purple

no one will. apparently you do not know about the carv
  6. Kyutaru

Apparently you don't know about its bullet hunger. The CARV is inaccurate as hell, it gets kills at midrange by spraying enough bullets at the target. It's actually the least accurate TR LMG.
  7. {joer

Apparently you don't know about the stealth nerf last month.
  8. Kronic

/faceplam. Re-think what you wrote and edit your post.

Anyways, I agree. All our weapons handle the exact same and it's getting boring. Both of the other factions have a wide variety to pick from while we're stuck with carbon copies. A nice 167 max damage Carbine with 35 rounds and a long reload would be nice for example. A 200 max damage one would be really fun though :D.
  9. Vorpal

The problem with the TR carbines is that they are all basically the same: manageable guns with reasonably high ROF that are pretty good in CQC combat. Trac-5, Lynx, Jaguar...it barely matters. They all feel about the same.

On the other hand, the NC and VS get very different carbines that are clearly better for different roles. The Pulsar and Solstice and Serpent are all way way different from each other, and work best at different roles. This makes playing a VS LA more interesting/fun than playing a TR/LA, and arguably more effective as well.
  10. Necron

BS dude, I use it almost exclusively and I destroy people with it. 200 damage per shot is a lot when you are 10 feet from someone. The only NC carbine with better theoretical DPS is the GD-7F, which, I might add, is harder to control because of recoil and only really good in CQB, where the AC-X11 is good even at long range as long as you know how to burst with it.
  11. hostilechild

The Trac-5 is a beast. I die to that gun more than any other gun in the game and faster. An TR have a lot of HA(would expect a T9 or such).
    Every time i have died before i could move its been to a Trac-5, (and i am not talking shot in the back).
    Even do a peak-a-boo around a corner and die to it.

Either a ******** of hackers use the Trac-5 or its a lot better than some lead on.:eek:
  12. Naelyan

I have the same issue with the TR armory having no diversity at all, can't even talk about a reskin since every weapon has pretty much the same look. I don't even feel like carbines are worth it for me since at close range they don't even come close to shotguns and at medium range i don't even want to engage any target because the TR don't really have weapons going outside of the stupid "spray & pray" model.
    The closet thing of what i'm looking for is the T5 AMC and it doesn't even compare to a AF-19 Mercenary. Same issue with the HA's TMG-50 which is just a downgraded NC LMG.

Not everyone chose their faction because of the weapons, some do because they follow friends or because of the lore (don't ask me to join the anarchists or the crazy zealots). We shouldn't have to beg for a couple weapons closer to the other factions and being sidegrade instead of samegrade especially considering other factions already have true sidegrades.
  13. vaxx

I have used the Trac-5 and the Jaguar. I can tell a difference between them....why cant you?
  14. Ghoest

How does anything you said refute what you quoted?
  15. Rogueghost

Also remember the trac 5 is the starter weapon for both engineer and light assault, so more people will use it as a result.
    And because more people use it, the higher the chance someone will kill you with it.