[Suggestion] Why does NC AI Turret have the biggest headshot hole?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by gnometheft, Feb 21, 2013.

1. CommodoreFrank

They actually don't have the same collision model. Watch the beginning section of this video.

2. Ripshaft

Hmmm I didn't believe it, so I checked myself, and yeah, they actually are different! This is quite a surprise.

Well, I stand corrected. I took a little extra time to analyse shot angles and whatnot, and the differences don't really amount to much, but they definitely are different.
  3. LanceHavenbay

Actually, there is a hitbox demo on youtube visually showing that the hitboxes are different. I need to dig it up again.
  4. LanceHavenbay

THIS! THANK YOOU!
  5. FlayvorOfEvil

Turrets should be immune to small arms fire from the front considering how they die in 1 shot if you rocket or grenade it.
  6. DuckSauce

The NC turret has the biggest headhole so you can deploy it as mobile cover and fire over it!

When have NC ever used our equipment according to the instruction manual? :D
  7. notyourbuddy

Was sniping last night when out of the corner of my eye I see a VS engi behind one of these things out in the open.

FREE KILL **** YEAH!

Except, try as I might I couldn't headshot the little bugger. My God that head protection is pretty sweet. I'd gladly take that on the NC side. Replace the gun with a Kobalt and give all three factions that shield design and we could be good to go.