[Suggestion] Why does NC AI Turret have the biggest headshot hole?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by gnometheft, Feb 21, 2013.

1. gnometheft

[IMG]I dont see why the VS AI turret should have a sliver like in the picture that can barely get shot through the TR has a slightly wider window, while NC has a gaping hole that anyone can spot and aim slightly down for an easy headshot. Even raising the shield slightly would help. I understand there should be diversity in what they look like, but there is a very noticeable difference in shields between factions in the head shot hole and NC has gotten the shortest stick. Give NC a smaller window just like the VS or TR, or take it away.
  2. gnometheft

[IMG]
    ^the NC turret shield as compared with VS in post above
  3. Bankrotas

Those turrets are terrible anyway :/
  4. gnometheft

I can think of a ton of circumstances I would use my AI turret rather my carbine or the new AV turret, It is still a a great tool for what its supposed to do, all I'm bringing up is consideration about the headshot hole sizes in each factions shield.
  5. jeuvisage

Because just like everything else the NC has, it sucks, on purpose. For example, why are our weapons supposed to be the hardest hitting, when their ROF and mag capacity is nerfed enough to make this feature pointless?
    • Up x 1
  6. Armchair

You forgot that they also kick more.
    • Up x 1
  7. Phaselancer

And you forgot our massive cone of fire.
  8. Fallout10mm

I had no clue there was a difference other then the tracers they fired.
  9. Ripshaft

All the turrets have the exact same collision model, you should be asking why the nc turret has the best visibility.

And the answer is because WHOoooooooooooooo cccaarreeesss. It's a style choice, deal with it.
    • Up x 3
  10. Gav7x

Who cares about the AI turret? useless lol.
  11. Wobberjockey

you act like the AI turret isn't a headshot magnet for any sniper in a 2 click radius anyway.
  12. Curse_Gamerkin

Your accuracy and damge make ur weapons like snipers, and the low ROF gives u less recoil, if your not killing anything its just not ur faction, try playing TR you need to spray twice the ammo to drop a NC because of lower damage, and higher recoil, then tell me ur NC guns are terrible. Just cause your bad at hitting someone doesnt mean they suck, ive tried NC LMG and i can go full auto and kill multiple targets at farther range than a TR lmg and burst fire to kill one or 2 guys.
    • Up x 2
  13. Segaia

It seems like they gave the NC turret too much...

*puts glasses on*

FREEDOM!!
    YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!~~
    • Up x 3
  14. Rhinzual

Punch yourself for saying that.
  15. MrIDoK

I'd change the OP question into:
    "Why does the AI Turret have a headshot hole?"

Seriously, though. They could make that shooting at the shields damages the turret (with a 80% reduction of damage, maybe?) and give us a complete frontal cover.
    • Up x 2
  16. Radeonman-K

Just blame the Magrider and Orion.
  17. Ticee

I would guess the intended purpose is that it's an "aiming hole" so that you can see what you're shooting at :p the extended purpose is obviously that people wouldn't want to be directly in front of you and able to shoot through it anyways, as they would get mowed down by your mighty gun if they did.
    Unfortunately the turret gun is shockingly weak, so people gladly jump in front of it to shoot you in the face. So yeah.. I'm not sure what to think :eek:
  18. jeuvisage

Our dmg is usually 143 or 167 just like your guns, look at the spreadsheet noob. Also NC guns have greater recoil than your guns, once again look at the spreadsheet noob. The cyclic rates on the lmgs are the same to 5% higher on TR, which is nothing compared to the greater recoil level on NC guns. In short, l2p.
  19. Curse_Gamerkin

Looking at stats and not playing the game, and your guns usually have over 25% more damage per shot nub, so stop crying and learn to aim, why do u think people think vanu are OP cuz they learn to aim not be a little B*tch and cry on forums.
  20. gnometheft

/thread
    my bad.
    • Up x 1