Why do people like the SVA-88?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Kodaa, Sep 5, 2013.

1. BigDeezMac

yes it is and you know it
  2. Fenrys

I use 4 loadouts:
    SVA-88 + Nemesis (AA Lockon)
    SVA-88 + Hades (AV Lockon)
    Orion + S1 (Default dumbfire)
    Lasher + S1

If I'm shooting at vehicles that are far enough away to benefit from spending time waiting for a lock, infantry targets are also probably going to be farther away. An upgraded 88 is better at range than the Orion, and it still has that nice 75% ADS movement rate.
  3. JackFirehazzard

The SVA-88 is one of the best LMGs in the game for 2 reasons:

1. .75 ADS movement speed (Trait only shared by the Orion and the NS-15M in the LMG category)
    2. Excellent muzzle velocity for a medium ranged LMG
  4. MrEclectic

I think it's the combination of low first shot recoil multiplier with subsequent high vertical recoil. IMHO its disadvantage it's actually a blessing in disguise: the vertical recoil is somewhat consistent from the first shot, so you get a pretty consistent pattern to compensate for.
  5. vulkkan

I feel like this thread is incomplete without hearing from Traseros, who has 30k+ kills on this gun. Damn ZAPS gods.
  6. Shanther

You may wish to rethink that stance a little bit. Traseros is actually Sulphur, a known NC hacker.
    • Up x 2
  7. LagLight

You should always judge a weapon by looking at the complete list of upgrades or attachments in addition to its stats.

A weapon with an advanced laser sight or grip are usually designed to work well with that item but still gives players an ability to choose depending on the desired play style. A weapon with many attachments or ammo choices are usually worse off for stats because the player has so many choices to customize to different firing distances and engagement types. Stock weapons or limited attachment weapons more or less lock players to using them in a specific way but are good at what they do.
  8. vulkkan

I wouldn't be surprised given his ridiculous stats. Thanks for the heads-up.
  9. SirPurplePeopleEater

Please stop these insidious hackusations.