[BUG] Why do I die when I land on a vehicle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by quicKsanD, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Wardancer

Ran down a hill and into a sundie, instant death. Must have broken my neck. Kinda annoying.
  2. Veri

Seems to be still happening.
    Landed on a Prowler.
    Instant kill.
  3. Withnail

Stop jumping on my Sundy like lemmings for gawds sake! I was nearly weapon locked for this last night :D
    • Up x 1
  4. Acutus

Jumped on top of my own sundy, i slipped and got impaled on the guns..many lulz were had.
  5. TintaBux

One of the latest patch features or bug.
  6. Llaf

Yea I had this happen to me earlier today and I was like wuuut? I had died as a max and unknowingly respawned as a LA at the warpgate, grabbed a Prowler and drove up onto a ledge to snipe. I got out to scope out some targets with a 6x scope on my Carbine and realized I was an LA, so I jetpacked up onto my tank and insta-died, I was like dude idontevenknowwatjusthappened.
  7. Achmed20

same here, plx fix!
  8. Rusky

There's something odd about vehicles dealing damage to players that touch them for sure.

I once got a friendly TK with my tank WHEN I WASN'T EVEN IN THE TANK ! :D
  9. FateJH

Happened to some crazy who jumped onto my MANA turret while I was manning it. I got a friendly fire warning for his stupidity.
  10. Ender

Parked my scythe, was using it as cover crouched on top of it. Point capped, Ender jumps... Ender dies. Was trying to fix my lightning, repaired it all the way and jumped on top from ground level, die upon touching. Attempted to ram a lib into a TR lib, bailed with drifters and stopped, slowly drifted to stationary lib and one of my hair follicles grazed the paint, Ender dies. Charged a sundy with drifters to C4 it, came over the top of a hill and slowly drifted down it, upon hitting the point where my body touched both the hill and sunderer from the front....Ender died.

Word to the wise, this will not be fixed for a long *** time, count on it. Absolutely whatever you do, avoid touching the top of a vehicle or touching a hill/vehicle at the same time with no solid ground, you will die. Do not jump from the top of a vehicle, do not skip, do not crouch, do not run. Nanite Systems has employed some new Quantum Physics device that render the top of vehicles impervious to human flesh, latex, and VS Spandex. DO NOT GO NEAR IT.

I now have a phobia of the top of vehicles :p
  11. quicKsanD

Bump for relevance. Why is this still happening. Instant death when you land or walk on all vehicles. Doesn't matter if they are friendly or enemy it is silly especially when the vehicles aren't moving.
  12. Compass

I parked my Prowler underneath a window. Jumped out of the window (approximate 5m fall) 75% of my health gone.
  13. {joer

A squadmate jumped on my prowler to gun.

He died instantly.

Stupid mechanic no one asked for or needed there.
  14. Azzer

Yes, jetpacking onto enemy sundy's is now suicide. In fact jetpacking onto any vehicle, enemy or friendly, is now suicide. And not just vehicles, even engineer placed turrets.

It seems for every 3 aspects of the game the developers touch, they completely break another!
  15. Sinist

The first time it happened I thought it was a freak occurence and LOL'd.

THe second time I was not so amused.

Even jumping on my own tank to repair it nearly kills me. It's like SOE trolls us with something stupid every patch.
  16. DeusExMachina

I rarely play engy but when i do jumping onto the tank always used to save my life perfectly. Even if he bumped you you wouldn't get any dmg. Feel sorry for you guys now :p
    On the other hand, yesterday i was driving a tank, got destroyed by mag, jumped out of vehicle and waited patiently till he kill me.
    After trying to drive over me for 6th time he finally given up and shoot me :S .

Protip: If you know there's a turret on the landing pad, air-strafe. Also missing the platform in certain situations may enable you to travel quickly (you won't take damage from fall no matter where you fall.
  17. Shinrah

Saw a deployed sunderer kill lots of people trying to resupply because it was deployed on a small incline. It was stuttering just a little bit, but that was apparently enough to kill everyone who tried to resupply there.
    And yeah, roof = 10% hp, if you are lucky.