[BUG] Why do I die when I land on a vehicle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by quicKsanD, Feb 3, 2013.

1. quicKsanD

Topic says it all. As a light assault why do I die when I land on vehicles that aren't moving at all? This is a very irritating bug and need to be fixed. Please do so as fast as possible.

Thanks, QS
    • Up x 5
  2. Veri

Had this happen to me when jumping on to a sunderer.
    Instant kill.
    • Up x 5
  3. Zeldora

O_O Does that happen to other classes also? I used to jump on top of tanks while repairing them to avoid being driven over :p
  4. Canaris

noticed this myself, taking damage from me jumping on or landing on a vehicle. Was shocked when it killed me last night.
  5. TheScapegoat

Kills Pods as well, very annoying as a suicide engineer.
  6. Linedan

I died twice last night from running into a bit of flaming wreckage that hadn't despawned yet. The wreckage didn't run into me. I was running on the ground and ran into it and "suicided."
    • Up x 1
  7. Zeldora

Maybe they electrified the vehicles hulls.
  8. Meh.

Happen to me when I jumped on a enemy engineer turret.
  9. Veri

This happens to all classes.
    I was a HA keeping an eye on a sunderer who had someone damaging other friendly vehicles for the lols.
    When it parked up next to another sunderer I jumped on top of suspect sunderer and it killed me for the lols.
  10. Teod

Was heavily injured (2 bars of HP left) when jumped on my flash as heavy assault. I jumped from high ground and expected some falling damage but not that mutch.
  11. TheScapegoat

Turret on a landing pad is certain death right now, before it would maim; now it's right genocide to the unaware.
  12. Zorlox

same here, was a really short distance, like i shouldn't have taken any damage at all. If it wasn't there I might have taken 1 or 2 shield bars of damage. It wasn't moving either, parked and deployed. Friendly tks ahoy.
  13. Azzatai

Yeah, died twice jumping from different heights on a sunderer (3m, 1m), then died once from running against it...
  14. Dvine

Additional Patch Notes: Veichle roofs are now covered with HOT MOLTEN LAVA (tm), just because we can!
    • Up x 2
  15. Paincov3

Park my ESF on a landing pad, engi jumps on the ESF and starts healing it.
    Engi dies I get a grief kill.

Sorry Engi, I should of told you the outside of my plane is LAVA.
  16. quicKsanD

This was still happening to me last night. I jump on a friendly sunderer, that wasn't moving and I quickly took damage, I knew it was coming so I managed to jump off before dying but for some reason now you cannot land on solid non moving vehicles. This is a silly bug and it hurts LA trying to c4 tanks and vehicles, who if they get close enough to LA should die.

Please submit this bug in game and post here if it happens to you.
  17. GOLANX

LA unfortunately don't need to land on a vehicle in order to c4 it, i think it should but that is an issue for another day, twice i took serious damage for landing on a friendly prowler, and i make it a soft landing to a landing that had i dropped to the ground with that force it would not have even scratched my shields but on the friendly prowler it costs me half my health.
  18. xMihr

Hasn't happened to me yet and when I ground pound I'm usually LA/MAX. That being said I did have a TR LA jump on top of my vanguard while I was chatting in steam waiting for a cap and it gave me a kill, felt bad for the guy.
  19. Canaris

seems like they've up'd the gravity of Auraxis, last night I noticed I was breaking my legs from jumping down from about 1 meter, couple that with the damage you get from landing on a vehicle these days and you can see why it kills.
  20. Lakora

I jumped down from second level of a building ontop of a sundy now most second stories aren't that high up in comparison to a sundy. I jumped on it and died.