Why can't the CARV, T-16 and MSW-R use the x2 Reflex Scope?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Pie Chasm, Apr 8, 2013.

1. CommodoreFrank

Do enlighten me of a time when you'll be able to land 7-8 single shots on somebody at distance before they get to cover. You're not bringing any real arguments to the table here, and I'd really like to understand the point you're trying to make about the CoF.
  2. Zenith

I guess it makes sense on the MSW-R, as a 2x on a mostly CQC weapon seems somewhat redundant. But both CARV and T16 should really have them. NC appear to have way more options, and I just don't understand how the devs justify this.
    • Up x 1
  3. KnightCole

Lol, this is a question I asked myself from day 1 and still ask it today. I see no good reason why they cant have the x2. It really would go miles towards making the TR better overall. That 3.4x just doesnt fit the TR paradigm.
    • Up x 3
  4. Takoita

+1

This is one more bit of stupid in this game that doesn't make any sense.
    • Up x 1
  5. KyadCK

Eh.

I can see why some attachments might be limited (compensator, Adv anything, etc) for the sake of balance, but I must say, I don't see why someone should be limited on scopes.

Coming from NC, where seemingly every gun has every sight, I'm surprised they would limit you like that. I love my Reflexer, and use it on everything I can, so I understand the pain of not getting a x2 at all.

I say give you guys all the scopes you want, personally. It doesn't alter the stats of the gun to my knowledge, it's just a preference thing, so why limit it?
  6. ColdCheezePizza

The Anchor doesn't have 2x :(
  7. Pie Chasm

... which makes absolutely 0 sense as well. Like stated by the ungulate, all guns, all scopes, no issues.
  8. Takoita

Only if we could push through some 1x reflex sights on pistols too...
  9. Nathaniak

Maybe it's to encourage us to unlock another weapon, thereby getitng them more money if it's done with SC?
  10. Pie Chasm

If that were the case, then why can the NC6 equip all of the good stuff? Was that an oversight, or do they just want people to roll NC?
  11. Armchair

The gauss saw isn't the same kind of LMG as the TR/VS default LMG's. Why they made it the default NC LMG is anyone's guess.

TR and VS get all-rounder LMG's by default. NC gets their long-range specialty LMG by default.
  12. Flashtirade

I stand by the idea that the SAW and the SAW S should have traded places.

Hypothetically:
    SAW - well-rounded gun, is okay in all situations
    SAW S - mid to long-range specialty weapon

Reality:
    SAW - mid to long-range specialty weapon
    SAW S - well-rounded gun, is okay in all situations

Though I could also say the same about the Orion and the Pulsar LSW.
    • Up x 1
  13. Zenith

Short answer? Yes.
  14. FlayvorOfEvil

I don't see why not, back in 1967, the world record for longest sniper kill was done by a M2 Browning HMG, 2286m.
  15. Frosty The Pyro

normaly when folks complain about attachments I just sort of roll my eyes, but this is legit. I personaly prefer 1x irnv or 3.4 on my weapons so it doesnt bother me personaly, but i see no reason why 2x should not be avialable to all guns sans sniper rifles.
  16. KnightCole

x2 is the one optic that would really make the TR shine.....3.4 is totally the WRONG optic for TR.
  17. LameFox

I wasn't sniping though, I was actually machine-gunning. From my perspective there's this tremendous earthquake-like recoil going on and to everyone else they see BF3's idiotic scope-glint-flashlight and instead of snipers picking at them it just starts to rain tiny not-very-useful bullets. :p

Something about killing people with bizarre dysfunctional setups just amuses me.
  18. RHINO_Mk.II

I dunno, maybe because they also made it the worst in its stock form?
  19. KnightCole

That would be awesome. I would totally sport a optic on my pistol, even if I never use it.
  20. Pie Chasm

...yet, fully upgraded, it is the best ADS LMG in the game past 10 meters. It puts the TMG to shame while having more DPS and a lower TTK.

What other LMG with a TTK of .48 has the 2x reflex attached to it? None.

The TMG can't even match the NC6 in terms of controllable accuracy, because it doesn't have an adv foregrip available to it.

I love the TMG, but I can't lie to myself that it is comparable to the NC6. Not to mention that having a ranged LMG is pretty much mandatory and it has NO purchase cost, unlike the Ursa, Flare and TMG of 250+, which covers the cost of the biggest upgrade to the NC6 alone and a scope (200 for adv foregrip and 30 for scope).

So, no, that's just ridiculous... unless you were being sarcastic, in which case the joke's on me.