Why can't the CARV, T-16 and MSW-R use the x2 Reflex Scope?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Pie Chasm, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Pie Chasm

Why not?

Those weapons with their .1 cones of fire were made for mid range, yet the best scope for it is unavailable to them.

The 3.4 woks for the T-16, but for the CARV and MSW-R the recoil kills any kind of accuracy you have.

It makes 0 sense for the 3.4+ to be available to the CARV and MSW-R with the x2 being unavailable.
    • Up x 1
  2. Bill Hicks

I started a new TR character and I asked myself the same question. It could not be overpowered at all to let them have 2x scopes.
    Then again these are the same people who made capture points all-you-can-eat buffets for rocket pods.
    • Up x 1
  3. Lucidius134

It's kinda funny that the Gauss SAW gets an ammo upgrade, an enhanced attachment and a 6x scope and the carv gets basic AR attachments without a 2x.
    • Up x 3
  4. Kyouki

One of the reasons I hated HA before the new LMG came out.
  5. RHINO_Mk.II

Frankly, I think all scopes should be available on all weapons. If you want to put a 12x scope on your shotgun, more power to you. I can kind of understand the reasoning behind certain types of ammo being limited, but a scope is a scope. It has nothing to do with the rest of the weapon's mechanism whatsoever.
    • Up x 7
  6. TheBloodEagle

Yeah agreed. Feels like an arbitrary limitation.
    • Up x 1
  7. RachelGomez

Orion cannot either, it boggles my mind.
    • Up x 6
  8. Stargazer86

It's what annoys me the most about my T16. I desperately want to put a 2x on it, but can't.
    • Up x 1
  9. Alesteex

Ditto. No idea why only the TMG-50 gets a 2x reflex when these don't.
    • Up x 2
  10. Atillius

IIRC they did back in one of the iterations during the BETA. The problem then and up until GU4 or 5 was that TR LMGs were by far the best performing in the game at close to mid range and when they had x2 reflex, they were way out of balance. Now, arguably its the NC SAW.
  11. desktop

a 2x scope would make the carv way more overpowered than it already is.

said no one ever.
  12. ladiesop

The Anchor and EM1 can't take one either. Anything that might have a CQC focus doesn't get it.
  13. CommodoreFrank

Actually, the .1 starting CoF really doesn't mean anything. The majority of the weapons in the game have .1 CoF. The 167+ damage automatics are the exceptions. Even the battle rifles and semi-automatic scout rifles have .1 CoF. Regardless of that, I don't see why the 2x reflex can't be available to every weapon.
  14. Pie Chasm

.1 means a lot. It's the difference between the expansion of the cone from two shots. For medium range it's not so critical, but for very long ranges it's vital, which is why almost every NC weapon has a starting cone of .06 and every sniper rifle has a cone of 0.

When you burst fire, you basically reset the cone to its initial value. A .1 means that it will be inaccurate at long range no matter what scope you use.
  15. CommodoreFrank

You're missing the point. The GD-7F, which is a high RoF, close range weapon, has a starting CoF of .1. The NS-11, an excellent mid-range gun, has a starting CoF of .1. The CoF is far from the main determinant of the range the gun is built for. You have to consider all factors when determining the ranged capability of a weapon. Seeing that .1 is the most prominent starting CoF for weapons in the game, that would say that every gun is built for mid-range, which is far from true. Likewise, .03 in the case of NC weapons doesn't mean it's a great mid-long range weapon. There's too many factors to only look at one.
  16. Pie Chasm

It's an upper bound on accuracy for the first few shots. You went from saying that it doesn't matter to it can't be considered by itself, so are you agreeing with me?

I have no idea what you are trying to say now.
  17. ColdCheezePizza

The absence of a 2x scope option for the MSW-R and Anchor have always boggled my noggin as well, the real question is, who's sick do I have to duck to make this happen?
    • Up x 1
  18. LameFox

I used to have a 12x scope on a machinegun (MG36) in BF3. I think it was a bug and they later removed it, but it was endlessly amusing while it worked. Not tremendously useful, and probably a million times worse in PS2 which has no bipods or even prone, but definitely amusing.
  19. CommodoreFrank

I'm saying that your statement that the .1 CoF for the Carv makes it a mid-range weapon is a pointless one. Weapons of all kinds begin with .1 CoF on their first shot. I don't see why that's so hard to understand. Hell, even shotguns have .1 starting CoF. It's an irrelevant number for all but the first shot, and we all know single shots are meaningless for most rifles in this game.
  20. Pie Chasm

Right.....whatever you say.