Who wouldn't be sad to see MAXes gone?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Itermerel, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Oreo202

• MAXes need to do less damage to each other.
    • MAXes need to have better flak armor/better natural explosive resistance
    • MAXes need more health/more damage mitigation from small arms.
    • MAXes need to be able to ride on flashes/in tanks with a cert
    To compensate for these things, they would simply have their resource cost increased. The timer is already very long.
  2. DukeFlash

You can stockpile C4 when you're not using the resources and there's no cooldown timer on getting more.
    Stop acting like it's the same thing.
    • Up x 1
  3. JohnnyMaverik

I'd rather they removed rocket pods... and on a less serious note snipers... and other people's tanks.
    • Up x 2
  4. Springheel Jack

I'd be sad. I get so much exp when I C-4 a group of them.
  5. Brusilov [TR]

Take MAX Units out of Planetside 2? You may as well get rid of Vehicl..... oh WAIT!!! THERE ARE A BUNCH OF YOU COD NUBLETS THAT ARE MORE OR LESS PUSHING FOR THAT ALREADY! hahaha
    • Up x 1
  6. Bill Hicks

I love maxes :i love fighting them. When maxes show up its like an ogre among the orcs.
  7. Talizzar

I think they are way too plentiful. I think when NC log in they are put in SplatterMaxes. If you want to take or defend a heavily populated bio lab it must be done with MAXes.
  8. Recce

It's so satisfying to take a MAX down as infantry as well.
  9. AnnPerkins

I just wish they tuned the MAXes so we would have a chance to react to one rather than just instantly die *I'm looking at you dualskillsaw maxes*
  10. aedn

Doing anything to maxes at all will have no effect on the OP's desire for quality infantry fights. If you think that maxes have any potential to destroy infantry fights your sadly mistaken. stating the max is the reason there are no infantry fights does nothing to solve the issue you bring up, and will only create a bigger issue if they were removed, since they are still the most effective AA in the game.
    • Up x 1
  11. Dulu

I love MAX units. Playing as them, and killing them.

I've gotten really good at landing dumbfire rockets on their slow, cumbersome faces.
  12. Dulu

You can hear them from 30 yards away.

Hacksaw has a maximum range of 20 meters. Maximum effective range of 12. One-shots a non-Nano Heavy within 5.

Use your other senses.
  13. Nocturnal7x

MAXs are a part of PS2. ****
  14. Col_Jessep

I would miss them. I'm still working on my MAX punch medals so leave them be.

I wonder where all this will end:
    Air nerf.
    HE nerf.
    MAX removed.

Some morons will not stop to cry until PS2 only has one class left -- with perfectly identical stats and loadouts across all 3 factions.
    • Up x 2
  15. HoriZon357

lol MAXes used to be cool, now they just waddle around all weird, can't sprint long distances, bolt down, or properly MAXCRASH, maybe they are already on their way out? I would surely miss them, I only see them at BioLabs or when I am one-one at a tower.
  16. Dulu

They can't MAX crash? News to me.

If anything is hindering this awesome tactics, it's simply that transport vehicles are useless, as everyone can just spawn an ESF, tank, or Liberator. Why sit in a flying school bus when you can spawn a tank?
  17. Runkel

I used the MAX 2 or 3 times for searching and killing leftover enemys in Bio Labs, rest of the time i only use it as AA unit.

So, no i won't miss it (besides of AA)
  18. illgot

A max makes infantry fights fun. They give you a target to concentrate on and you cheer when you kill a max player with only your pistol and a knife.
    • Up x 2
  19. Iksniljiksul

MAX units are infantry. This game wouldn't be Planetside with out them, and they're not quite as tough as they should be. You have to be one seriously inept player to have problems with MAX units.
  20. Jezs

You sure you aren't VS?