Which weapon should i get for my NC?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by IamDH, Nov 19, 2013.

1. IamDH

Light assault of course

Any help will be appreciated
  2. Corezer

what do you plan on doing? what is your play style?
  3. TorigomaSET

Razor GD-23, Insane gun.
    • Up x 3
  4. thePankakeManne

The default AF-19 Mercenary (with either Laser Sight or Foregrip depending on your playstyle) will be amazing at being well-rounded. It's awesome at nothing, but sucks at nothing.

If you need something that shoots faster, the GDF-7 is the weapon for you. If you want something that shoots slower, grab the ACX-11.

And then there's a few others that are in the middle, like the GD-23 Razor, or the Gauss Compact S.
  5. Kriegson

Can't comment in regards to actual combat testing, but the ACX-11 looks to be incredible with some recoil control. 200 damage a pop is the same is the freaking hydra LMG (mounted gun) albeit without still doing full damage to vehicles.
  6. Ghoest

There is no bad choice except for the burst carbine(you can kill people with the burst but its means playing with a handicap.)

But some of the guns give a completely different game experience from others.
  7. Ghoest

And the Merc is the best all around gun IMO.
  8. thePankakeManne

I don't actually have the ACX-11, but my VR testing leads me to view it as the carbine version of everyone's favorite LMG: the NC6 Gauss SAW.

200 damage a bullet is a beautiful thing to witness in action. :D
  9. Vikingo

Depends how you play. If you intend to play try hard you need the Blitz but if it is not a main character and you just play it for variety then you should get the ACX-11, it is a failiure as a weapon but it has the "NC characteristics". It very fun light assault r@ping with it.

The problem with the ACX-11 is that it is a carbine and has the damage drop off of a carbine, so despite it being a "long range" carbine it turns into a 500 rpm Trac-5 rather quickly in terms of damage. The only place that 200 dmg per bullet it going to give you any joy is in CQC and still it is not very good at it.
  10. Larolyn

Whatever you buy, don't by the AC-X11, Razor does every thing the AC does but better. AC-X11 deserves to be taken out of comission and never mentioned again.

GD-7F - CQC spray and pray (get a good pistol - you will be using your pistol a lot)
    Razor GD23 - Mid range (long but dumb idea) Carbine. Solid weapon.
    AF-19 Mercenary - All rounder good at everything.
  11. Bankrotas

Cyclone. Just sayin. It's best NC style CQC weapon with decentish range capabilities up to 50-60 meters
  12. blackboemmel

what about a SHOTGUN? (good choice for LA.)
    if NOT:
    - GD-7F: strong, easy to use gun even without attachments. (if you don't like the standard Mercenary: get this weapon.)
    - Razor GD23: shines with forehand grip and compensator, but not a very big difference to the standard carbine.
    - Gauss Compact S: UBGL = 2 easy kills. rather a good choice for the engineer ;-)
    - Gauss Compact Burst: can hit targets while you're flying but overall not really worth the "money".
    - AC-X11: first choice if you want to punish yourself for playing NC.
  13. Sandpants

ACX-11 is not as bad as people say.

It does need it's mag size buff.

Yes it does become a trac-5 at range. At range. Range. You can 7 hit people or less cos you'll get headshots at 65m or so. It's quite significant. You do need to carry ammo belts which can put people off, but's not as bad as people say.

The razor is really nice, but TBH you might as well just stick with the merc. It is really unappreciated. If you find the recoil slightly too much then you shouldn't firing at that range.
  14. lilleAllan

Just put a laser sight on your merc.
    100 certs and you're good to go.
  15. chrollo

best nc carbine is the carnage br, but unfortunately its an assault rifle, just think TR's Jaguar with advanced laser and advanced forward grip with 600 bullet velocity
  16. Mootar

Merc - Decent at everything, not the best but not gimped, you can't really go wrong with it unless you want a gun for a specific role. It is outclassed by some VS/TR carbines but for NC it is the best all rounder.

Razor - Great choice if you like ganking people from range while you sit in trees/rooftops, great accuracy and very managable recoil. slightly inferior to the Merc at close range but still viable. A really good alternative.

GD-7F - Easily the best CQC carbine the NC have, great for hipfire at close range but takes some getting use to at range and even then isn't great. I like it but unless you are dead set on carbines only, an SMG would probably be a better choice as your close quarter weapon, with the added benefit of being usable across all classes.

Don't bother with the other carbines, the Gauss S is only worth bothering with if you plan to abuse the noobtube on your engineer, otherwise it's not worth bothering with, the Gauss Burst/AC-X11 are both rubbish and only useful for trolling purposes, stear clear.

Personally if I was starting over, I would stick with the Mercenary for general play and get a shotgun for those times when you want to bounce around towers ganking people.
  17. bulletchaser666

jackhammer equal scatter rifle
  18. LownWolfe

considering this is a LA thread, I'd leave the JH out as its a HA weapon only
  19. Airmanator

The Piston is nice. Other than that, the GD-7F and Cyclone are both killer options once you get soft point and laser sights.
  20. Iridar51

Why haven't anyone mention the blitz? This gun is so good I can't stop playing my NC alt.