Which Vanu LMG to buy?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by ThaFreeJ, Jun 19, 2013.

1. ThaFreeJ

The accurate Pulsar LSW?
    The hard hitting Flare or Ursa?
    The Orion's cousin SVA-88?
    Or the Polaris?
    What are your thoughts?
    I like a weapon that does decent at CQC and mid ranges
  2. Scientiarum

Then stick to Orion or go for the SVA-88. The pulsar LSW is always a good option though.
    • Up x 2
  3. Jac70

I am just about to start my tour as HA, the only class I have left to play through.

I have the SVA-88 and the Orion already unlocked due to Alpha Squad. I did a bit of reading and came to the conclusion that the Pulsar LSW would be a good choice even though messing around in VR the Flare felt like a better fit for me. The VR doesn't really give you the experience of firing on live targets though, and as I often encounter ADADADADADA bunnies wherever I go I figured the Pulsar with it's high RoF would be the best option.

On the field though I never really got a feel for it and my accuracy with it sucks. Trying to hit things past say 100m is really tough. So I decided to unlock the Flare after all and take it out on the field. I found it a much better fit for me, it just feels more powerful.

My advice would be to take the fastest firing LMG with options for Soft Point and a laser sight. A flash suppressor might also be useful.
  4. Dalzaar¤

SVA-88 is best in my opinion because it's very good at all ranges.

Ursa is fantastic for long range and mayby medium range but totally sucks at CQC.
  5. Judgeratt

If I could only have one gun, it would be the SVA-88.

If I could only have two guns, the other would be the default Orion.

I have three weapons, and the third is the Eidolon.

You want a weapon that's decent at CQC and mid ranges, you say? I suggest the SVA-88, but, frankly, you could probably just stick with the Orion.
    • Up x 2
  6. haldolium

There are like 1500 threads about VS LMGs already...
  7. ThaFreeJ

I did some research,the pulsar LSW's quite similar to the SVA,same ROF,DMG only just the vertical recoil which I don't really mind as there's a compensator attachment available. I also watched both reviews by LevelCap(Pulsar LSW) and Darathamus(SVA),both sounds convincing enough.
    Still can't really decide,Pulsar LSW or SVA?
  8. Judgeratt

For me, the big difference is the SVA-88's .75 ADS movement multiplier. Worth its metaphorical weight in gold, that.
  9. Posse

Just stick with the Orion, it's the best at CQC, and it's still pretty good at mid-range, if you want to change because you got auraxium medal or something like that, then go for the SVA-88.
  10. Shanther

My thoughts.

Flare / Ursa: Overall you are going to suffer a lot when it comes to close / CQC range due to the slow fire rate. It is do-able but you are better served with a different weapon. More specifically the Ursa is like a poor mans TMG50, the Flare's stats match the TMG50 better but there is something off about the Flare after long bursts, the CoF gets a bit nuts. Then again that may just be in my head. I don't think the Flare is a bad gun, I personally use it when I am going to be out in the open a lot (fields) but even then, I seldom use it. I have the Ursa, it's nice but the RoF bugs me so I tend not to use it.

SVA-88: This gun is very much the cousin to the Orion. The extra ammo is extremely nice to have but for me at least it is off set by its high vertical pull. This gun, at least for me, is only good for bellow 40 yards. In that range it can't really be beat because of the ADS movement speed. When I try to use it beyond 35 ish meters...strange things start to happen. Even when compensating for the recoil and burst firing I have had the gun bounce side to side away from my target causing me to miss entirely. If you want a general purpose gun, you will be hard pressed to find a better one.

Pulsar LSW: Best way to explain this gun...a tame version of the SVA88. Take away the ADS movement speed, lower the recoil and you get the LSW. This thing has a up and to the right recoil pattern that is extremely tame. Not that it means much because this is a bad thing to do most of the time, it's one of the few guns I am able to full auto at 40 or so yards and keep on target with zero issues. If you like the RoF of the SVA88 but you have a hard time managing the recoil, the LSW will probably work better for you.

Polaris: It's the VS version of the T16. 100 rounds, okay RoF, easy recoil, accurate. This gun is a mid range beast. That's about all I have to say, I haven't really used it much.

Orion: This gun is a CQC work horse. It's insane how good this gun is in Towers and Bio Labs. Crazy RoF, ADS moment speed, and easy recoil. The only issue with this gun and probably the main reason people get away from it, is the ammo. I don't care what other people say, the 50 rounds ammo pool WILL get you kill more then you would like to admit. This gun will function out to probably 25 or so yards before it starts to get a bit out of hand. You can use it beyond that, but it is a pain and you will waste a lot of ammo.

If I had to give you a definitive answer as to which gun you should use. It would probably be the SVA-88, it is a beast when used correctly. My suggestion to you, go to the VR and spend a good while messing around with guns so you can find what works best for you.
    • Up x 5
  11. Jac70

Thoughts on equipping the Flare for CQC?

I am maining HA now and have four weapons unlocked and ready to go - finding it hard to settle on the best option. I want something that works in close/medium range but for some reason the Flare just feels good in my hands. I have a forward grip, 2x reflex, flash suppressor and soft point.

Tried it tonight and did OK. Only thing I found is it's poor against ADADADADADADA'ers.
  12. Posse

Flare sucks for CQC, also, 2x reflex for CQC? WTF?
  13. Jac70

lol, I find the 2x quite decent at mid - anything over 15m but not a massive hindrance at less. I might slap a 1x on it and see what happens.
  14. Shanther

For CQC it is okay. It kind of depends how the base is set up. If you are in a Tower you are probably better off with an Orion or SVA-88. If you are doing CQC in more open bases you would be fine with the Flare. Do what I do, run two different setups. Pure CQC and a general purpose.
  15. Van Dax

SVA-88 is the "pro" LMG for the vanu, sure its got more recoil but if you can handle it it is an extremely rewarding gun.
    -.75x move speed
    -75 round mag (just the right size I think for the battles I've fought)
    combine this with a compensator, forward grip, and a 2x reflex/iron sights (no need for HV ammo, its already decent enough and its not a very long range gun anyway) and you have a perfect mid range ADS based LMG.

if you aren't capable of handling this beauty.... IDK do whatever you want, a polaris might do well.
    • Up x 1
  16. Crewell

I don't play my VS char much, but the Pulsar LSW has worked fairly well. It handles handles fairly well for me out to about 100 meters.
  17. dreamcast87

If CQC is your thing then the SVA-88 or the Polaris are the choices you'd want I've got all the VS LMG's unlocked and those 2 are my favorite the SVA-88 (don't use HVA with this if you want to go CQC) I use for mid to long range engagements and the Polaris for CQC as this has the Advanced Laser Sight attachment plus a 100 round magazine. The Flare and Ursa are spec'd for long range engagements so don't use those for CQC. The Pulsar LSW is a good choice for CQC but the attachment options are limited. If the Orion had a larger clip and had access to more attachments there'd be no need for purchasing any other VS LMG.
  18. ThaFreeJ

This had greatly helped,big thanks
  19. Shanther

You're welcome. Just to give you some more food for thought. I have gone back to using my Flare and am loving it.
    • Up x 1
  20. DogPack

You will make Vanu happy by dispatching your foes with the SVA-88.
    • Up x 1