Where is Vanu's no bullet drop BASR? NC have one.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LIKE A BOSS!, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Koldorn

It's one of those... "No really guys, it has drop! ... ... If it carried out to 3-4km, the bullet would see fall off!" that in reality (limited to 300m due to infantry render range) has no relevance. So arguing semantics.
    The parallax has the same, "aim slightly lower, because it's zeroed @ ____"; however the bullet is slow enough to actually feel some drop at the edge of it's range.

This is entirely due to the raw velocity on the weapon. As we can also say the Lancer totally has drop, but it's not really a factor at the ranges the weapon can function at. This argument is weak because the ranges the Lancer operates at can be pushed much farther (up to, 800m?) and it still has no impactful "drop".

I am however completely with you on this. The shade and the TRAP at least have "we* don't already have that" going for them.

But I question these's weapons usefulness, not their uniqueness. No one can argue that the NC's won't be functional, most I would wager, can argue that it's not ... whats the word, Interesting? Different? Enough.

We: being infiltrators. I also see, and understand the perfectly valid complaint that the TRAP is just a better SABR.
  2. BadAsElite

Yes they are called the "Elite" players who will do that with any gun on release. (Crossbow says hi too believe it or not)

If thats the case how does that support the Phoenix when somthing like a Flair gun can achieve Auraxium medals in a similar time?
    • Up x 1
  3. sindz

I just pointed out it was very doable, even if the timeline was only 48 hours. Easy.
  4. Xasapis

It took exactly one week (7 days) from the day the empire specific launchers were introduced, until the day the Phoenix lost the ability to 1-shot infantry.
    That two day thing is false.

If you also do a timed search around that time period, you'll find plenty of threads with people bragging about their auraxium medals.
    Lets do a search and see how many people got an auraxium with the Lancer or even with the, for so long OP, Striker.
  5. Gustavo M

I....you know what? Nvm.
    Have fun whining, Forumside.
  6. Goretzu

Yep, me again, pointing out the truth again. :D (as usual, in fact)

Actually slugs with shotguns (which have low bullet velocity) showed how powerful no bullet drop can be, because the VS shotguns with slugs were significantly outperforming NC and TR ones.

Ironcially I honestly thought that 300m 1 shot kills with head shots would be very powerful, but as it turns out the 4x scope on the medium sniper rifle is much more powerful with OSKs, largely because the netcode at 300m is plain bad after optimization.

Now I dunno how balanced or not balanced this ESSR will be (until I get to used them), but it's hard to take people seriously that argue for one thing went it affects them and the opposite when it does not.
    • Up x 1
  7. Goretzu

The Striker is still more powerful in situations where that first burst of damage is important, and ZOE is just balanced now, neither Aegis or Lockdown are particularly great.
    • Up x 1
  8. JonboyX

Surely judging the lead and drop on a rifle is its only skill factor.
    I'm not a test server kind of guy, but even as an occasional NC sniper, if it really does have no drop and no lead, it sounds a bit... mmm, easy?
  9. Xasapis

Sure it is. So balanced, noone is using it. Give it a break, will you?

As for Lockdown, it is equally bad, which is again the reason you see noone using it. The shield however ... that's a different story.
    • Up x 1
  10. oumajgad

One NC fanatic already couldnt agree with me about aegis, but comparing how often I fight against TR lockdown MAXes or see ZOE ones around me I cant believe that Aegis isnt atleast good and usefull skill. It does what it supposed to do - save your life. Not always, you can always be flanked, but its still good. Especially when 2 MAXes stand in doors (or any other tight chokepoint) and pop shields. Everyone behind them is safe. I cant recall when I saw lockdown tbh, and ZOE now is only used by AA MAXes.

NC is getting more and more cool and simply better toys than VS and TR. And TR actually doesnt have absolutely nothing that is interesting. NC already have best cqc weapon, awesome LMGs, assault rifle with 200 dmg, best tank and have better ASF than VS and have much better skills than VS and TR (vang shield and max shield).
  11. RubberFur

Serves the Vanu right, all they do is Ghost-Cap and use the Paralax.
  12. Mastermind

Our snipers have bullet drop our ESF nose guns have bullet drop our NS weapons have bullet drop our recon darts have bullet drop, our guns having no bullet drop is just a myth. We don't have a faction trait.

So i am going to make the first official suggestion, since we have so much spandex. I propose a stretch arm strong like knife ability where i can reach out up to 15m and insta kill knife people. You took my ZOE. Now i want my stretch arm strong knife ability.
  13. Goretzu

Aegis Shield is used (I think) because it looks effective, it is actually much less effective than it looks.

It doesn't block all damage from the front, feet can be hit with direct and AOE fire, and if you tilt it down enough to cover the feet then the head is exposed.

More TR took lockdown than NC took Aegis a while ago, whether this is still true I dunno (at the time more than twice as many took ZOE as either).

It ok as a defensive ability, but whether it is better than Charge generally is very arguable.
  14. Goretzu

Not so long ago more TR were using Lockdown than NC were using Aegis. :eek: (of course at the time more than double the users of either were using ZOE).

But as I said they are all pretty equal now in being situational and poor, with Charge often being the better option.

Aegis looks the best though, performance is more so-so.