Where is Vanu's no bullet drop BASR? NC have one.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LIKE A BOSS!, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Matixzun

Sure, You can get a no bullet drop BASR when TR gets the fastest RoF carbine.
    • Up x 1
  2. LIKE A BOSS!

NC are gettting a no bullet drop Bolt action sniper rifle with the highest damage and velocity. No faction should have no bullet drop BASR's. Have you even read the thread?
  3. sindz

The no drop from the shade is pointless since you have to time charge and breath which is impossible on moving targets. So shade is still gonna suck.

But yes, I agree, no rifle should have no bullet drop, but what grind VS players gears is that we are suppose to be the no bullet drop faction and the heavy hitting trait faction get it. Alot of sense here.
  4. Maelthra

Like I said, you can certainly argue that the Shade isn't a very good no-drop BASR. However, the original question posed by this thread was when are the Vanu getting a no-drop BASR. It didn't stipulate that the no-drop BASR had to be good ;)
  5. Matixzun

Does it actually has no bullet drop or it just has so much velocity it doesn't matter?
  6. LIKE A BOSS!

You have a point. But also the Magrider has the Main cannon with the most drop while the Vanguard has the least. You also think that follows any traits?
  7. Maelthra

So much velocity that it doesn't matter; not at the ranges that you can actually snipe infantry from (300 meters).
  8. LIKE A BOSS!

Nobody knows honestly. But the velocity makes it where you almost don't have to lead your targets. So expect more getting sniped while moving when playing against the NC.
  9. LIKE A BOSS!

Which still isn't balanced. It has more Velocity than a fully charged lancer if people want to make comparisons.
  10. Matixzun

How long did the Striker and ZOE lasted before being nerfed? I want to know how much time I need to hide from NC bases at the distance
  11. LIKE A BOSS!

ZOE was about 6 months strikers was about the same.
  12. Crayv

So the new NC sniper rifle is an upgraded Longshot? So will it suffer the same fate as the Striker then?

No drop on a sniper rifle is a balancing nightmare. It makes it super easy to use over the ones that do. There is a reason none of the sniper rifles have any faction traits to them.
  13. NinjaTurtle

They nerf NC faster than TR and VS. I give it a week

When the Phoenix was released as OP it was nerfed after a day... maybe two. Compared to months it took them do something about ZOE and the Striker
  14. HadesR

In regards to BASR's the NC could argue the same I guess .. We are the hard hitting faction but BASR all do the same dmg ..
    Now if they gave VS no bullet drop but low dmg and no OHK ability , and made it so only NC's BASR's could OHK then we might be getting somewhere into the realm of traits.
  15. LIKE A BOSS!

Bolt actions would be so useless if they did that lmao. Everybody would be using Semi-Autos and if they added traits into being a factor the VS would have the best.
  16. HadesR

That's the thing though .. Faction traits are a moot point in regards to BASR's .. It wasn't a suggestion just a point to show how muddled the waters are :)
  17. sindz

Already exists and its called semi shot, which sucks. The gamebreaking thing is that NC is getting OHK sniper with no bullet drop. SO NC get the hard hitting trait still and also grab the trait which VS never had. But VS gets a fluffy version of that. Oh and that fluffy version also blows chunks.

EDIT: And yes, I agree. Faction traits on snipers are horrible. Because its either gonna be OHK no bulletdrop or fully 100% accurate sniper.

(The TR sniper is prob one of the worst guns in the game - on par with the shade).
    • Up x 1
  18. Nephi1im

Um.... have you been to test? Plenty of people know.

A) the Railjack DOES have bullet drop. At ~300 meters aiming at the lower half of the head will result in a body shot.
    B) The velocity difference is much more difficult to gauge on its effectiveness with moving targets. At 300 meters (where most people have zero business trying to hit moving targets) it is a tenth of a second faster to hit than the Longshot, or 24%. I sincerely doubt that makes it go from skill to ezmode.
    C) If you're sniping regularly at 300 meters, you need to learn to not shoot from your spawn tube to the enemy facility. Seriously, while I think the shade might need to have its 1HK headshot extended to 250, you're wasting time and a continent slot if you're trying to do jack at 300 meters.
  19. HadesR

It's not a trait when all factions have it ( In regards to the current BASR's )
  20. sindz

Wrong. Say hi to this video.

The amount of bullet velocity is so high it doesnt drop in teh current render range which is 300. So if you aim for the head at any range, you will hit it.