When will TR MAX be nerfed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jdono67894, Mar 7, 2013.

1. jdono67894

The TR MAX has a big advantage over the VS and NC MAX, it has medium range capabilities so it can stay in cover near engineers and doesn't need to reload for a long time compared to the NC MAX.

I think the TR MAX should have an increased cone of fire and smaller magazines.
    Look at all the kills this guy got ( I didn't even include them all because I was getting tired of copy pasting my screenshots together).

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428011263288361697/killboard

[IMG]

Matt Higby Please respond.
  2. Ghosty11

1/10 Troll Post - Would not read again. Gave you 1 point for copy and pasting that image together.

PS - Your sig really killed the troll attempt.
    • Up x 6
  3. keez

4. Willthekiller

5. jdono67894

6. OddChelsea

NC with an NC max avatar calling the TR max OP. Oh the irony. The NC max is FAR more powerful in it's effective range than either of the other two maxes. TR and VS maxes are not close to being OP, not anymore than a max is supposed to be for certain.
    • Up x 2
  7. Xind

It's better than itself!
    • Up x 2
  8. OddChelsea

9. TeknoBug

My killboard looks like that when I play my VS MAX... ahem yeah nerf VS MAX... oh wait, isn't everyone that plays VS complaining that VS MAX is the weakest?

^_^
  10. Compass

11. Ronin Oni

Obviously what the TR MAX needs is a lockdown ability which would make it an easier target and provides minimal benefit.

Lockdown should furthermore be required to fire any of the TR max weapons.

And the TR AV MAX is also ridiculously OP. And of the 3 burster MAXes it's also better in every way.... because Red.
  12. Morpholine

VS Maxes come in flavors other than Burster?
  13. jdono67894

The TR MAX has a huge advantage in its medium range and sustained fire capabilities.
    While the NC MAX has to stay in close quarters where every shot can miss if the enemy enters the max dead zone (between the arms) and is susceptible to people dropping tank mines, anti personal mines and C4 - the TR max can fight at a safe distance from behind cover.

The biggest threat to a MAX is explosives (the default MAX has 85% resistance to small arms) and the TR MAX effectively nullifies this threat by fighting at range, the only thing that does threaten them is a rocket launcher - and since they can fight from cover an engineer can easily repair them before the deadly 2 rockets hit him.

I forgot the VS MAX yes, we both know why.
  14. Ash87

Wait, we have medium range capabilities?

Why didn't anyone tell me this?
    • Up x 1
  15. GraphicJ

Your own sig killed your point of view.
    • Up x 1
  16. jdono67894

Matt Higby please respond.
  17. Compass

Yeah, don't hold your breath.
  18. TeknoBug

IMO TR AV is last of the 3, NC AV hits hard *IF* you can aim with that mortar-like arc but I love the no drop of comet with the VS MAX- sniping stationary Prowlers from afar.
  19. Tatwi

Yup, it's that OP!

The only thing our MAX is good for is putting a lot of bullets down stream as cover fire. Not our fault if dolts stand there and get shot (as is exemplified by the linked guy's 0.4 kills/minute - it's like he's mowing down whole groups in seconds like the NC shotgun MAX... He simply played MAX most of the time in the last 100 kills, which took him over an hour to get).
  20. Lord Robert

This thread was good for a laugh. Needed it after work today. Thanks.
    • Up x 2