[BUG] When will the Magrider get fixed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterTater, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Chiss

If you think the Mag was slow, try the Van.

I agree they nerfed the Mag wrongly. It's simply not that fun anymore.
    I personally would've just reduced its health by about 40%.
    As Higby said, manuoverability/speed is THE best attribute, and the Mag had so much of it.

The nerf they gave it made it too similar to other MBT's, unfortunately. I'd like to have to play differently against each of them.
  2. f0d

actually the magrider is even slower than the vanguard
  3. BalogDerStout

The real issue was people were using it to get to places no other tank could. I saw on one occasion, a guy managed to get it up to the landing pads of a biolab. Pretty sure that wasn't the designer's intention. It was also a little too good at dodging enemy projectiles. Thing is the 'bug' fix for being able to get places other tanks couldn't came packaged with a movement reduction and a boost to enemy projectile speeds, and a decrease in saron projectile speeds.

These elements combine to put us in the current situation. Some of those things did need to change, such as the saron projectile speed, but all of them at once was pretty hard to swallow at the same time.
  4. MasterTater

LOL what bullsheit - you think it´s a valid argument or representative when someone abuses a glitch to get with a tank into a biolab? maybe its a bug or hack. As if every magrider was sitting on the dome of the biolab and was sniping down from there - what a reytarded argument.

• On the other side - the magrider NEVER had the massive dmg of the Prowler and the
    • massive resistance and shielding of the Vanguard.
    But I guess taking away the only strength of the Magrider over several consecutive patch nerfs completely and destroying the Magrider to be a viable pick for VS made most other factions happy after getting this unjust advantage.

I already did more kills with the Lightning than with a Magrider prepatches - so guess how I would perform with a Prowler or Vanguard.

Just delete the Magrider from the game and give Vanu the prowler or magrider - I could not ask for less work from the devs - and it would even out the chances - but would also be interesting to see if the TR/NC whose tank we would get would still screem for buffs and nerf of the other faction.

Currrently the Magrider a sitting turtle - which is getting stuck on the slightest bump on the ground - even when using the Magburner I get stuck on a small rock as the hoverability is completely broken now.

ATM the MAGRIDER IS MORE A TURTLE than a hover tank - maybe just remove the hoverability overall on the magrider and give it 4 legs or also tracks instead, but the same firepower of the Prowler / Armor of the Vanguard. o_O

[IMG]

Would be a fair deal as NC / TR got so massive problems with the VS theme of maneuverability -
    so just give VS a theme of hightech weapons and remove maneuverability and give purple the same dmg / armor of TR/NC.

BUT I bet TR / NC would NEVER accept an equally powerful tank for Vanu anyway - cause the only thing those hypocrit liars want is that VS faction gets destroyed in viability and fun to play overall - while kicking other factions balance down the road for even the slightest advantage for their TR/NC faction.
  5. BalogDerStout

I'd love to see the mag get some of it's movement back. I've played games where a handful of players can get into some crazy places and do things most players can't. Hell watch any speed run video and you'll see players doing things and exploiting glitches in ways that most people, designers included never even thought of.

My post was in reference to WHY the devs took the nerfbat to the mag's mobility. Last response I read from them said they want the mag to have better maneuverability but not be able to access places that the other tanks couldn't. Which to me is really a catch-22 situation for the mag. Clearly, a biolab was not accessible by the prowler or the vanguard, so it's maneuverability "Bug" was fixed.

Their design image is that the mag should literally be able to "Run circles around the other tanks". I actually was in this situation, enemy vanguard outside of TI alloys, taking pot shots at each other. I tried to run a circle around it, as per the intended design image of my tank. Guess what, the Vanguard's turn speed is faster than my tank speed. I also tried magburning OVER a tank to get behind to the rear armor. Up and over the tank I go, trying to turn my fat *** around, since the primary cannon is stuck static to the front, nope still too slow. Enemy tanks can turn and target you faster than you can move.

Both of these tactics, to me, should be sound and in line with the dev's design image for the mag, neither of them work. So either, the game in it's current state does not support the design image of the mag, or the design image of the mag is inherently flawed and the Vanu need something additional.

But the current state is not in line with the dev's design image.
  6. DankFist

Is what you're saying. You people use the term troll far too liberally.