[BUG] When will the Magrider get fixed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterTater, Mar 12, 2013.

1. MasterTater

Higby stated lately that the magrider will get fixed due to massive overnerf and that the maneuverability which was meant to be the Vs only advantage to compete against the other factions will be restored.

After several weeks of Vanu requests Higby himself climbed out of his Scattermax or Vanguard to check what happened to the game and why so many players either left or changed sides - as they give sheit about what this game is going to develop into.

SO he realised that the magrider has to be given back the maneuverability - ATM the magrider just misses 4 feed to make him a perfect turtle - at least in terms of sluggish movement - BUT definitely not in terms of armor or health.

So either remove the Magrider and give Vanu the Prowler / Vanguard or restore the Tank to ussability.

I have not read anything in the GU3 nor in the GU4 patch notes.

So I guess Higby fell into the old pattern of lies to calm the crowd - just like he lied before GU2 that the magrider wont get touched.
    • Up x 1
  2. Izriul

Higby never stated it was a "massive overnerf" and it wasn't.

It's also not getting a great deal back, it's just going to be more "glidey"

It will be coming in the next GU which is still being worked on. You would know this if you bothered to read the updates. You seem to know everything else but not bother to read updates...why even make the thread? Why even STATE that you haven't read updates unless you assumed there was something in them.

The magrider is fine. Except it could do with some reverse POWER and a slight velocity increase on HEAT/AP.
    • Up x 2
  3. Lafladitu

I would suggest you to read the GU04 list next time

And Higby never said that Magrider was overnerfed only that there were some bugs that prevented the Magriders intented movements that would be fixed
    • Up x 1
  4. FateJH

Sadly, we'll never again see the day where Magriders rule the skies.
    But they'll still be able to dodge my dumb fire really well.
  5. SirBurning

Overnerf

Please , please hang on a second while I'll die of laughing ok..

Higby never said anything about over-nerf
    Like said above, it's simply going to recieve a bit more glideyness so it feels more like a hover tank

Don't get your hopes up because your tank is fine. That you guys, because of some psychological effect, never pull it any more is your problem. Not the game.
  6. StrikerKOJ

Then why don't the notes indicate "Elimination of a BUG that caused the Magrider to not perform as intended". If it really was a bug, and unintended, it would seem like something that can/should be fixed shortly after the update which caused the unintended consequences. The way GU04 is worded makes it seems like the speed adjustments were intentional, and it is only being changed because we made a stink, and they are in no hurry to adjust it because nothing is "broken".

But hey, that's just how I read it.
    • Up x 1
  7. MasterTater

Dude I wont even bother arguing with a prejudiced biased forum troll playing NC as main faction. Your only purpose to step into a Vanu targeted Thread is to pinch a loaf in other peoples discussions to defend your own overpowered NC gear to get buffed completely OP status, while asking for the other faction to be destroyed in viability - even when they only ask to get back a minimum balance.

AND ABOUT YOUR EMPTY CLAIMS that its my computer and NOT the game client, which is actually rotten to the core:
    • The game ran perfectly even in ultra settings on my PC on release day.
    • I run the ALPHA version of ARMA3 in top settings without a stutter
    • I completely overexceed the required hardwaresettings by far for this game.
    • I got a 50 Mbit fibreoptics lane.
    • The drivers are all up to date.
    FACE IT - SOE completely destroyed the Client for 80% of players as they dont test their Updates / Patches as required.

Anyway the game is already on the best way to die - and lucky you - 80% of players have massive problems with the game client.

50% of my outfit (=clan) already deleted the game client due to the massive bugs, glitches, desync, lags after GU3 and the other half considers it when it does not get fixed in GU4.
  8. SirBurning

I am certainly not faction biased. Sounds like you are though.

Also, I don't care about how it ran, I care about System Spec's, that is parts etc.
  9. Chiss

Mag is still the best tank, even after the nerf. I'd like to see its health decreased.
    • Up x 1
  10. MasterTater

Says who - another TR troll, which would kick game balance down the road any day and would willingly destroy the gear and balance of the other faction to get even the slightest benefit for the TR faction? Nice try.

=> Troll.
  11. Chiss

My main is NC, as you can see via my sig.
    I play the other empires so i can have an educated opinion on matters such as this.
    There is no doubt to me, that the mag is still the best tank.
    It is, without doubt, the easiest vehicle to use in PS2.
  12. NC4Life

I play NC as main, and I must say that after the last GU, i can destroy mags with my vanguard or prowler so easily....mags were overnerfed
  13. bodmans

if your main is NC than you should know how easily mags die from a vannie if it hits
    • Up x 1
  14. Ibuprofen

It's also the only tank that can't look behind itself without exposing its weak point to whatever front it is fighting on and the only tank where you can't set your driving and aiming sensitivity independently of each other. The Saron(1000 certs) is identical to the Halberd(250 certs) except that the Halberd has projectile drop but higher velocity and the Saron has a weird firing delay that puts it roughly even with the Halberd IMO, at 4 times the cost.

I'll give you that it's the easiest tank to use for actively fighting other tanks, but I really don't think you can call anything easier than anchoring on a hill and just shelling people from 400+ meters away.

Also, ease of use doesn't make it the best tank, it just makes it the most newb friendly.

Finally, if you pro/con both the Mag and the Prowler, it comes out pretty even if you leave out the 2000 splash per reload HE/HEAT ability of the Prowler, but that one huge factor puts the Prowler significantly ahead of the Magrider overall.

The Vanguard still needs a little help, but after the patch messes with Prowler cannon splash damage, I'm thinking it will be approximately (Mag ~ Prowler > Vanguard) instead of the current (Prowler > Mag > Vanguard), although I try not to ***** too much since it used to be (Mag >>> Vanguard > Prowler).
  15. BalogDerStout

What the mag really needs is better turning. It's cannon is stuck in the forward spot, meaning it can't turn to shoot at something behind it, meanwhile other tanks can simply turn the turret instead.
  16. Izriul

How amusing, you report my post for telling you my magriders spec's to get it deleted?

Yeah, telling you what I have and how many certs into it and that it's fine is totally out of order right?

Someone doesn't like facts thrown in against their "argument" now do they.
  17. Calisai

I can deal with the changes to the Mag. Once they bring the glide-i-ness back a bit it will be better... but it's not as devastating as the whiners are making it out to be.... I swear it seems like most of them logged in after the GU when it was CRIPPLED and ragequit and haven't logged back in after they fixed that bug.

I think the increased velocity of the Prow/Vannie shells combined with the decreased hill climb was a bad thing to do at the same time.... combined with the massive bug that killed the mobility right after the patch... made for a huge perception issue.

There is one thing that bugs the hell out of me. When I'm unable to magboost because i'm going up a 40 degree (yea, whatever) hill.... give me a damn buzzer and tell me I can't... rather than burning all the fuel out and not moving the tank 10 feet. There is a buzzer already for trying to boost when you haven't recharged up to half... use the same damn sound. Nothing worse than trying to boost out of danger, to suddenly not go anywhere AND not be able to change direction and boost away. There is no indicator that your boost is not going to work other than trial and error... and when it works at 39 degrees but not at 40 degrees?

It's like the vannie shield turning off immediately with no damage mitigation and resetting the cool-down so it's completely useless. It's a little thing, but it can easily get you killed (and thus piss the driver off)
    • Up x 2
  18. f0d

hopefully they do fix the magrider as it feels horrible to drive compared to the previous magrider
    now small slopes or rocks pretty much stops you in your tracks

sure magburner helps but not everyone has magburner
    also i have the feeling the magrider is now the worst at hillclimbing (when not including magburner) as its a struggle just to get over little bumps 1/2 the height of the mag and you pretty much cant climb anything at all
    • Up x 1
  19. hawken is better

Lol.
  20. Sturmwaffles

Hi guys,

Not sure why they took away the Magburner ability to get up hills. Is there really any hills that give a RIDICULOUS, OP, NERF PLS advantage? To be honest, for such a slow tank, I really liked being able to be able to climb things. I don't use my mag much, but I figure that's for other reasons. They buffed other tanks, then nerfed the thing most fun about the mag. The ability to get sick air.

Cheers,
    Sturmwaffles
    • Up x 1