When will planet side 2 come out for Imac

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ElvisTheDuck, Sep 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElvisTheDuck

Now i have read some threads and all it is about people asking the same question only the answer is WHY YOU GET MAC MAC IS HORRIBLY GET PC BUT I WANT A ANSWER NOT SOME DUMB PERSON SAYING Y U NO HAVE PC? ANSWER THE QUESTSION!! And btw i like mac because its simpler and there are alot more things you can do with it (not gammming reasons) NOW i want NO hate about witch system i use JUST ANSWER DEH QUESTION OKAY? I LIKE MAC BETTER DEN PC LEAVE IT AT DAT
  2. TheFullCologne

never with that attitude
    • Up x 8
  3. DashRendar

How about never? Is never good for you?

P.S. - Buy a PC, Apple products have had a negative effect on your disposition.
    • Up x 13
  4. Rayden78

[IMG]
    • Up x 9
  5. Oreo202

If you want to play actual videogames, get a computer that runs windows. It is no one else's fault that you bought a Mac. It's not SOE's responsibility to port their entire game to what would be a small minority of the playerbase. They have much more important things to attend to. It's really not a hard decision to make for the buyer.
    • Up x 1
  6. KAHR-Alpha

They already have issues making it run on windows properly, so why would they spend time adapting it to an OS that got a negligible market share as far as gamers are concerned? Never going to happen.
  7. LayZ

Because bruh, he has to be different, he's an individual who thinks different.....oh wait...

[IMG]
    • Up x 14
  8. DashRendar

Yeah man, that's it. He's super unique, just like everyone else.
    • Up x 3
  9. Oreo202

Not like you're paying an extra 500 dollars, compared to other kinds of laptops, for a white case and an apple logo...
    • Up x 2
  10. Regpuppy

Mac - For when you want to be overcharged even more than the other brands do for outdated parts while having an OS no one optimizes for.
    • Up x 12
  11. McToast

Moin

Yey, I like apple bashing! Keep going!

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast
    • Up x 3
  12. Regpuppy

Oh Apple is only slightly worse than other companies in the same business. All of them grossly overcharge for parts that they likely get for better deals than we could get, by bulk buying.
  13. Dethfield

Do Mac fans actually believe this? I mean come on...
    • Up x 3
  14. Regpuppy

What's simpler than having to hunt for a specific version of even simple programs for your OS?
  15. Tommyp2006

I would recommend you buy a copy of windows and install bootcamp, so you never have to worry about game compatibility again. As far as I know, so far there is no plan or expected date to release the game for mac. Haven't heard anything about it at all. They're having a hard enough time optamizing for windows, along with porting the game to the PS4, so I doubt it will be anytime soon, not likely at least withing the next 6 months, possibly much longer.
  16. Gammit

Probably never. Buy Windows and use bootcamp.
  17. IamDH

Allow me to explain why people get Macs
    [IMG]
    • Up x 12
  18. Zotamedu

Bootcamp is your friend.

They are talking about a Linux version which most likely is a result of porting it to PS4 since that would force them to rewrite the game for a graphics API that is not DirectX (Direct3D). I haven't seen anything about PS4 yet but PS3 used something that was very similar to OpenGL so I assume they'll do it again. Then it doesn't take that much to port it to Linux. Thing is, it shouldn't be that much more work to port it to Mac once you have a working Linux version but I haven't heard any rumours about it. Guess they think the customer base is too small to bother since most of those who use Apple hardware to play games already have Bootcamp installed. So spending all that money on a Mac version wouldn't really give them much in return.

A Linux version is however an interesting investment considering some pretty bold statements made by Gabe Newell regarding Steam and Linux. He believes in Linux as a gaming platform and he has the power over Steam which has quite a lot of influence on the PC gaming market.
  19. SquigglyLine

wtf is an imac?
  20. Delnar_Ersike

The serious answer to the post that frankly doesn't deserve one:
    Mac OS X simply is much harder to program for when it comes to games. The reason Microsoft stuff has had the advantage for a really long time is because Windows has always shipped with a graphical library called DirectX, which makes doing fancy graphical, sound, and input stuff much easier (think 1 line of code instead of 1000 lines). Any game that has come out for Mac OS X must make use of a relatively recent, alternate library called OpenGL instead (and OpenAL for sound). Porting games to let them work with OpenGL might be worth it in the long run, but the problem is they require a huge amount of manpower and will only pay off financially after a few years, neither of which SOE can afford at this time.

You might prefer OS X because you find it easier to use, but truth be told, anything you're willing to get used to can be easy to use; I, for example, think Linux Mint and other GNOME-based Ubuntu Linux stuff is the easiest to use, but that's just me. Oh yes, and having used Macs since Mac OS 8.1, I can definitely tell you they're not simple, they just choose not to show you the complex stuff (e.g. Daemons, User Permission tracking, EFI booting, apps are just structured folders with auto-executing scripts, etc.), which is one of the main reasons I have always disliked Mac OS: it's all fun and games when things work, but when **** hits the fan, you'll either be cursing at Apple's stupid setup or be forced to spend money to let Apple do things for you.
    Valve has put a lot of effort into making the Source OpenGL compatible, and the fact that over engines have done so as well, even if their primary goal was to get onto iOS and Android, is a positive. However, there were always be those engines (CryEngine, RedEngine, etc.) that need those special DirectX calls to make things work simply simply because of their complexity (making an OpenGL version would entail almost rewriting the thing from scratch), and for those games, Linux will always have Wine, something that wouldn't be feasible on OS X not because of technical limitations, but because the steps to set it up would drive the average Mac user insane, whereas even novice Linux users could just download a package and be good to go.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.