What's your priority when it comes to upgrades?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Dorsa, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Dorsa

So, the repairer will be first as any good engineer needs to keep vehicles and MAX's alive. What will you look forward to unlocking first?
  2. Kamikazi20

Reflex 2x Scope, Forward Grip for my MX21-Carbine
    Then C-4 C-4 C-4, and utility pouch.
  3. Morro

Anti Vehicle mana turret
  4. Daejin

Repair speed, followed by a on-the-spot upgrade depending on flow of the game.

Most likely a weapon upgrade for easier killing of stray enemies.
  5. akajefe

I dont have the client yet, but I liked the ammo pack upgrades very much. The increased duration and extended range provide a large passive boost to EXP.
  6. Goats

It's not in the game. Hopefully in a month or two, we'll get it.

That aside, I'll probably get some attachments, reflex sight for the Solstice and... that's it. No idea what after that, maybe mines of some sort.
  7. Morro

That sucks. Though I can see that it may completely turn the tide of a armored column rush if implemented correctly.
  8. Goats

I know, it has the potential to be so awesome. I hope they don't just put a Basilisk on stilts, instead make something like the empire specific AV launchers from PS1, but in turret form. That would be *****in'.
  9. xemlash

I've been waiting for the Engineer AV turret for the whole beta hoped they'd add it for launch :( nm
  10. Fafnir

The idea of AV turret as another deployable has been scrapped. The devs are going to make current MANA Turret customizable, so we will be able to change optics, ammo and hopefully other things such as shield. Sounds good to me.
    • Up x 1
  11. Goats

Holy ****, really? That sounds awesome! Thanks for the info. Also, have you heard anything about their plans on implementing deployable shields?
  12. Fafnir

No idea, but I guess they had to hold it and focus on other things before launch. We'll see it eventually.
  13. Erendil

Jeezuz, imagine a MANA turret w/ a more protective shield, a suppressor, a 6x scope, and soft ammo.... *drools*
  14. Gary

My first 4 unlocks in order of what i deemed most important:

1. Sunderer Deploy
    2. Sunderer blockade armor
    3. Sight on engineer weapon.
    4. Anti Tank mines
  15. McFatal

Got the Trac-5 S, got the Reflex 1x, and also got the first two repair upgrade. Next I will get soft point ammunition for the Trac-5 S.

Then I will get AT mines, because C-4 is terrible compared to AT mines.
  16. Amador

Well, for me I always save unlocks for weapons for infantry or vehicles. Although camo looks cool, it's really pointless.

On a side note, if anyone is wondering. Don't bother buying a Skyguard Turret for the Lightning as it's garbage. Although they've removed the bullet drop from it, they've increased it's cone of fire and reduced it's velocity more than they should've.

If you want to hit a target with a Skyguard, you have to significantly lead your target by taking into consideration the target size, distance, velocity, ping, graphics lag, moon phases, marine tides, down syndrome and ******ation. With that in mind, you may have a chance to hit your target maybe 10 times out of a 50 round magazine.

Happy hunting.
    • Up x 1
  17. JohnDoe

I really love the Nova shotgun for my engineer, I really want the extended mag and reflex sight. I plan on spending my non-weapon certs spread between repair gun and nanoweave for the foreseeable future.
  18. Ghostfox

My first upgrades were a couple of ranks of Nanoweave.

My next will be picking up the Reflex sight and laser.

Then I'll up my tool repair speed before looking into explody options.
  19. KlyptoK

Blowing my way up the repair tool speed / overheat tolerance.

This tank has gotta stay alive.
    • Up x 1
  20. Gary

Got a sight on my gun, AT mines, Sunderer spawn and blockade armor. Got a prowler with Anchor. almost got enough certs for rank 2 anchor :D