What's your best purchase ever?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eternaloptimist, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Eternaloptimist

...............with certs or with DBC? Could be because of all-round usefulness, stunning looks or whatever.

Mine, I have to say, is the Blackhand. It is the only NS weapon I've used and as a secondary on all classes I just get so many kills at ranges further than my primary can reach.

I've even started using it on my infil stalker, finally giving up on my beloved burst pistols, due to getting spotted so easily at closer ranges while cloaked.
  2. Pikachu

Phoenix before nerf.
  3. Sil4ntChaozz

Auto scout rifles
    Enough range to keep you out of too too hairy situations. You don't have enough ammo to randomly fire down range so you have to be patient and pick and choose targets. Basically the polar opposite of my bold high risk usually die a lot playstyle. :D And TR has everything red & black.

And Ripper. It's a chainsaw.
  4. LtBomber1

AMS for sundie back in the days...
    • Up x 4
  5. Erendil

Alpha Squad. By far. Absolutely no contest.

It cost $39.99 and You had to be in Closed Beta to get it (although I think it was still available during Open Beta too).

But you got:

• 4,000 SC ($40 value, so it paid for itself right there).
    • An exclusive camo set. This includes matching camouflage for armor, vehicles and weapons.
    • An exclusive Alpha Squad decal
    • A title of 'Founder'
    • A 6 month 10% XP and resource boost implant which stacks with Membership
    • Ability to reserve your character name for when the game went Live
    You also got twelve weapons: one AR, carbine, LMG, and sniper rifle for each Faction:

Terran Republic: Cycler TRV ,T5 AMC, TMG-50, SR-7
    New Conglomerate: GR-22, AC-X11, EM6, LA80
    Vanu Sovereignty: H-V45, Pulsar C, SVA-88, V10
    • Up x 4
  6. JobiWan

Crossbow, no competition.
  7. adamts01

Thermals for the Banshee. Which turned out to be my worst purchase as well.
    • Up x 3
  8. Bambaleilo

Railjack.
    In terms of fun only as it is worst sniper rifle in the game. But when you get some lucky shots off some biolab roof amounts of burgundy produced are enormous.

Lol autocorrection but I'll leave it as it is
  9. Liewec123

for certs i'd say deploy shield rank 1 for every single character, i'd recommend it to everyone!
    a mere 50 certs and your army has a nice tanky spawn point :D
    i pull a sundy every time i'm planning on playing infantryside now :)

for DBC i'd say commi,
    i hate NS, i hate cross faction cashgrabs, i hate that commi is arguably the best pistol,
    but having a really strong sidearm available to every single character across all 3 factions is worth the DBC investment.
    i even puchased flashlight and 1x scope with DBC too so every character has access to a strong anti-cloaker weapon.
    • Up x 2
  10. Bambaleilo

RIP in peace certvision ((
  11. ZDarkShadowsZ

My solid 'black' camo for TR. <3
  12. pnkdth

Alpha squad. It should the model for how you create starter packages instead insanity we have now on most titles who demand full price + season passes + bundles + DLC + micro-transactions to get "the full experience."
    • Up x 1
  13. DarkStarAnubis

Battle Rifles (all factions).
    Dirty cheap, very useful when playing Engineer or Medic depending when and who you decide to engage, excellent tap-firing = poor-man snipers available to everybody.

Rez grenade (all factions).
    Great to save far-away guys.

Swarm Launcher (all factions)
    Does not generate a lot of kills but scares the air knights to death, excellent to deny air support to the enemy since it fires forever given its magazine.

Cyclone, [F]Armistice and Sirius
    SMG each class can use, good hip and good ADS fire platforms.
  14. adamts01

Laser sight all the way. Never aim down your sights again. You'll be switching to your primary when your pistol is dry, instead of the other way around.
  15. Liewec123

i do love laser sight, but darklight is my favourite way to go on sidearms :)
    • Up x 1
  16. MuggieWara

Best purchases wIth DBC:all cosmetics you cant unlock with certs

Worst purchases with DBC:anything else(just needed to be a bit patient!)
    • Up x 1
  17. Halkesh

Best purchases :
    Certs : Medical Applicator rank 6.
    Euros : planetside 2 boxed version (Costed me 10€, got 1000 SonyCash; VS/TR/NC generation 1 SMG; 50% xp for 7 day; 50% xp for 3 day.

Worst purchase : miss-clicked and bought a construction with DBC instead of cortium.
  18. stalkish

^^

Dont forget that you get the 50% Alpha bonus with each new character you start, even now.
  19. Sazukata

Archer. All factions.

No explanation needed.
  20. Hegeteus

Mag-Scatter. Many people think it kinda sucks, but I always held onto it and now hold the sidearm kill record for PS2. It's an idiotic choice of weapon for a stalker cloaker, but that's what makes it so charming. No other gun for stalker can be heard and recognized across the entire region(I'm not kidding, I've been recognized and called out on yell chat for this alone)
    • Up x 2