What's with all the annihilators? Tons of them out there

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gelohess, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Naivesteve

Exactly, not only are they invisible, but at least you could have done maneuvers to avoid being shot from the burster maxes. These rockets since the projectile buffs give you little to no chance to escape without being hit. Skill-less noob weapon that will ruin the vehicular part of the game for everyone.
    • Up x 1
  2. Zaik

Uh, you might want to turn your sound on if you can't hear the loud *** "i'm being locked" noise. Not hearing it is a bug and you should already know that, so what even is this post?
    Either:
    a bunch of loud whining
    excessive exaggerations
    and/or
    some misguided attempt at just complaining over and over again on the forums thinking somehow that will get lock on launchers nerfed back into uselessness and bring on Easymode Infantry Farm Simulator 2013.

I already told you how to literally make yourself immune to the annihilator. If you can't be bothered to do it, feed me more certs in your HE magrider.
  3. Freddie AppsHero

Wow, can't believe people complain about the Annihilator. I got one and I was very disappointed with it. It's so weak that it's only useful when a group of players has it; one on one, it's useless. And it barely bothers aircraft anyway since they all have flares.
  4. Accuser

It's an anti-everything weapon, which makes it extremely useful. You won't solo anything with it, but it's by far the best HA option since it can hit all targets (at extreme range). That means many HA will have it, and because of the limited number of flares/smokes enemies can use, additional Annihilators become multiplicatively more powerful rather than additively.

In other words, 2 dumb-fire launchers do double the damage of 1 dumb-fire launcher. 2 Annihilators do more than double that of one Annihilator since the one can be flared/smoked. So every Annihilator after the first becomes increasingly powerful.
    • Up x 1
  5. Maruun

What should infantrie support do, when the enemy infantrie isnt rendered on that range you can shoot your lock-ons? Only vehicles do you know how that looked like? Nothing happens just the HP of the vehicles drops, no missiles nothing only a lockon warning and PING losing Health... CAnt do anything u til you are close enough for infgantrie to render for you, in a big battle that means 25-50m, so we need to drive to you from a lock on range roughly 500m to get to you and every vehicle on the way gets obliterated and you cant do anything about it.
    • Up x 1
  6. VexMex

ok, I got an annihilator and since this new update, the rockets are moveing like ****, nearly everytime i got an lock on a plain, i miss because rockets flying right or left of a plain, so if you fly in the near of a hill (or 1m above ground) you can avoid the rockets. this makes it very hard to hit plains.

(sorry for my bad english)
    • Up x 1
  7. ChironV

In patch 2 rockets were changed to "interceptor mode" rather than "follow mode". You simply have to watch for things that could interfere in rockets path.
  8. RzeznikZLasu

I think LOCK ON now finally works.

If 10 ppl were killed by farming HE tank and they have Rocket Luncher which they can use they will use it for sure.

But when i am in tank i don t wont to spot 5pixel man standing 400m away, i would rather see rockets on radar and get cover if i can.
    I hate invisible rockets and no lock on sound.

For Air is better see rockets on radar than try spot small 5pixel HA while flying 220km/h :D.
    What you think ?
  9. TheEvilBlight

Hmm, interesting. I'll test tonight.
  10. TheEvilBlight

Our radar isn't particularly long-ranged.

At least in PS1 AA weapons showed up on radar and you could tell if pewpew was being fired in the vicinity.
  11. Enxel

They could make it like the Tribes missile warning, even if the missile is not rendered we could see the missile cursor on our HUD, or even better making it only for vehicles with scout radar ability.
  12. Takara

I think it is pretty absurd now.

It is the complete opposite of the way it was before. Now infantry are on the other end. This all simply comes from draw distance...if a tank could see what was actually locking on them I wouldn't care about the annihilator...but as it is now it is as bad as cheating to beable to shoot something that can't even shoot back at you.

There is so many things that lock on in this game is is just downright silly. The AV balance is utterly destroyed by the idea of not rendering infantry to vehicles well letting these same invisible players shoot and kill the tank or aircraft that has no way of seeing them.
  13. Kurreah

Probably worth pointing out that flares/smoke will break all launched missiles and render you immune to all locks for the duration.
    The two annihilators can both try locking on again after the immunity has worn off if you are still around of course.

The only way that a group of annihilators actually do more effective damage than the same number of separate ones is if there are enough and they are coordinated well enough that they all fire at one target at once and destroy it, rather than giving it the chance to retreat and repair.
    But that is the same for all weapons really.
  14. Cowboyhomer

Then dont say you have a problem with all the rockets...say you have a problem wirth the render distance. We adapted to aircraft hovering over every roof where they couldnt bee seen by most of the people they were bombing....Do the same thing you told us to do...leave the area.
  15. Cowboyhomer

You can break 100 annihlators rockets with one flare and fly away with immunity. You should be way out of sight by the time the immunity breaks. No problems. Just dont hoverpod and you will be fine. There isnt a rocket launcher every 100 yards. There are alot of them now but they are concentrated in certain areas. No hoverpod...no problems.
  16. TintaBux

It's because things are more balanced now, it's about thoughtful organization.
  17. Aerius

1. Only the OP mentioned the numbers, almost every pilot here has said something like "the real problem is the render distance, and the buggy lock warning"
    2. You adapted to nothing. You continually cried until every counter you had was buffed and everything your enemy utilises was nerfed. Our argument actually worked; air/armour force ripping you apart? Spawn a bunch of AA MAXes/AA HAs or AV HAs[Enclave has a bunch of pre-Annihilator videos showing them wiping out armour forces that vastly outnumber them], job jobbed. Your argument? "Use teamwork like you told us lololol" what use is teamwork if we can't see/damage you? What use are 20 Libs against X Annihilator HAs and dual Burster MAXes if they can't even get into damage distance before they die? I mean sure you could get 20 ESFs to all fly in at the same time, pop flares when they're inevitably locked, get into render distance and all rocket pod at once, but they'll most likely all die to the second rocket wave/AA MAXes - our only counter is a suicide run?
    3. Lying to back up your point is pathetic. You can't see the ESF bombing you? BS. The only way that's gonna happen is if you're inside and it's shooting through a window, you can quite easily see said ESF if you run in another direction for 10 seconds, you can also damage it.
    4. The only time people used the "leave the area" argument was when people were stupid enough to continuously run out of a spawn room that's being bombarded by Libs, tanks, infantry, ESFs, and pretty much everything that can be shot. That's not going to work regardless of what's outside - not just aircraft.

Again, I'm not calling for an Annihilator nerf, I just want a fair chance to fight back. Are you standing out in the open on a mountain where you can see/damage me? Well I should be able to damage you right back from the same distance.
  18. Nyscha

This needs to be fixed.

19. Qaz

yes, and once you flared it's over. the firegroup just waits 5 seconds (annihilator reload time) and fires a second salvo that will instagib you. drivers/pilots dont get any indication of how many locks they are receiving, which is an issue, and they dont see the rockets/the infantry shooting them, which is an even bigger issue.

i think the issue more and more people are having is connected to how prevalent annihilators are becoming. the problem with them isn't to grave atm, but it's only going to get worse. vehicles will eventually need a proper counter to the annihilator, either in form of a mechanic that prevents mass lock-ons, or as some sort of utility that allows them to deal with them better than the current IR.
  20. TheEvilBlight

What are the odds that the victims of the Enclave in their various videos couldn't see the Enclave either? You'll never know...

Before they fixed G2A missiles they were /terrible/ at tracking ground or air targets. Introducing the Annihilator and then selectively messing with G2G and G2A missiles to make them worse was icing on the cake to drive everyone to the Annihilator.