What's up with the triple loading screen?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by WilliamB, Dec 24, 2012.

1. WilliamB

I get this more and more; triple loading screen on some respawn.

Anyone else?
    • Up x 22
  2. Thagyr

I get them all the time. Typically after dying in a MAX for some reason or chosing a spawn far from my death location.
  3. HadesR

Same .. Doesn't matter what class .. And since you seem to be ingame after the 1st loading screen been a few times have died while it loads twice more :/
  4. Ash11

ive been getting it too
  5. NaniteSystems

Same, I also occasionally have a triple loading screen gimic happen to me as well. I've been stuck in this Technical Problems forum because Planetside 2 is so buggy, I'm lucky to even run it.
  6. Talizzar

Just recently started seeing this too.
  7. Veratu SOE

Explain this a little to me .. so what loading screen are you specifically referring to? When you load from character select? When you load switching continents?

What were you doing before it occurred?
  8. Natir

When you respawn, switch continents, etc, anytime there is a loading screen you sometimes you get 3 or 4 of them... It shows a different picture and it goes through the 0-100% each time.
    • Up x 8
  9. Deladin

It seems to happen at random. Sometimes its when you move to a new continent, sometimes its as simple as when you respawn at the same base you were fighting in. Even had it happen when I was rezzed. On rare occasions it just happens. You can be running out of a building or getting in a turret, and you go to this loading screen.

What happens is you get the continent loading screen, and when the bar fills up, the screen flickers and you get another loading screen, and then another flicker and another loading screen.

Always does it three times if it does it at all.

Can't be more specific, happens on every continent, seemingly at random.
    • Up x 2
  10. Veratu SOE

Is the 2nd and 3rd loading screen the same loading screen (graphically) or does it show a different image. In other words, is it just re-starting the same load screen all 3 times?
  11. TheScapegoat

Ill see three different screens, often with game sounds of my destination playing in the background.
    • Up x 5
  12. EwAB

No it cycles images, usually is only three loading screens when you redeploy, respawn and such far off where you died.

The most hateful repeating loadscreen tho is at a biolab, one of the teleports is off the grid so you get a loadingscreen everytime you go through it...
  13. Jac70

I get this all the time too

When you redeploy, the game shows one of the Esamir splash screens. Then the progress bar loads from 0 - 100%. The it repeats this - usually the splash screen will change to another view of Esamir and the progress bar goes from 0 - 100%. Then it does it again.

I'm on a fast SSD so the load screens are quite short but I still find this an annoyance. I imagine someone on a HD would be going up the wall.
  14. Noppa

I think everyone has it, its just loads 3x times the same thing before it lets u in the spawn for some reason.

More annoying are these ps2.exe stopped working, started yesterday, game just freezes and crash.
  15. Veratu SOE

How long has this triple loading screen issue been occurring? Is it a fairly new issue? (Trying to get a point of reference so I can attach it to the code tree dates).
  16. Reloaded

I've been getting it for at least a week. I honestly can't remember exactly how long, but I know it's been happening for a decent amount of time. 3 load screens in a row, all different pictures of the continent I'm on. Not sure if there is something specific that I do that causes it, but it does tend to happen once or twice a night through-out my play time.
    • Up x 2
  17. Leron

it's been a while, after game update 1? can't tell, honestly it happened to me since launch but only a few times, after a patch (maybe game update 1 as ia said) it started to happen more often and now i can say it happens 50-60% of the times
    • Up x 3
  18. Justicia

I've been playing since the official launch and had the multiple loading screens since then if I remember correctly.

And yes, it seems to happen randomly, and if it happens it is always 3 screens (the second one being a different image).
  19. Noppa

5 to 7 days maybe.. not sure but cant be much wrong.
  20. Deladin

Not to sound like a grump or call anyone out, but everyone in my outfit has experienced this many times...

So, all these developers and SOE staff that "claim" they play Planetside 2 all time time MUST have seen it before...unless they are just pulling the wool over our eyes and don't play the game (which explains many of the issues that HAVE been in since beta)

I have been experiencing it since release, might have even had it happen a few times in beta.
    • Up x 2