What's up with Strikers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jetlag, May 11, 2013.

1. Flag

Sounds like dodgy rendering, hit detection etc. Maybe related to the issues with lock-ons? :|
  2. Ranik

No idea. But a downside being removed via rendering issues makes for a serious issue in larger fights.
  3. Flag

Well that goes for the TR one too. :p
  4. Ranik

Flares + Cover. So no.
  5. iller

Just the other day someone on the forum here said I was making things up when I said I saw tons of people complaining about Striker in-game. ...tempted to go find that post now and link this thread :\
  6. WetPatch

I seem to get hit randomly behind cover from them. Get locked, back away behind Rock/Building/Mountain and i still get hit even though there is no possible way i should be.

Also today i had a Annialhater locking me, the rockets where hitting the hill in front of me i was using as cover. I could see the explsion of the rocket 10 meters in front of me, but for some reason i was stiff getting hit.
  7. Blinklys

Probably the biggest myth of Planetside 2. If it that easy to avoid "without any counter measures" then why do every god damn TR in the universe spam it like no tomorrow? Give me a break.
  8. Flag

Both have been ignored by some missiles recently. The infamous wall-hack projectiles.
  9. Ranik

Something that still seems to me to probably be due to lock on's rarely managing to curve around mountains after someone pops from cover.

I've yet to actually see any evidence of wallhacking Striker missiles.
  10. Chubzdoomer

This. For it to be so easily countered, it's awfully strange that so many players insist on using it.
  11. metrotw

what other options do we have? the Annih is almost the exact same thing and EVERYONE gets to use that...

You think tr are happy with this POS? you can't even use it against a ******* base turret anymore...

nerf the range down to 300M and allow us to dumbfire it like common pool launchers.
  12. Flag

Your other G2G or G2A launchers? You know, having to specialize? It'll give you your dumb fire back.
  13. metrotw

right..the same common pool stuff everyone has access too.

so tell me...why is tr the only faction reduced to using common pool weaponry everyone has access to?
    • Up x 1
  14. Gary

Numbers.....The Same reason the Annihilator is good, get packs of them and they can manage. However with the striker i have seen pilots avoid 20+ rockets by pointing down and heading towards the floor.

People also use it because it is faction specific.... well kind of it looks great but thats about it every faction has access to a weapon that fills the same role of as the Striker. NO other faction gets access to a weapon that fills the Phoenix and Lancer's roles. So many times i heard NC saying "Phoenix is rubbish" Yet every single time, you see atleast 3 people stood behind each shielded door with them, They cram Towers with them, Combined with the Raven you see so many blue missiles non of them get shot down.

Again with the Maxes, NC and VS get some nice mechanics that make them stand apart meanwhile the TR get plain old dumb fire, with an ability that maybe 15% of the TR want due to how useless it will be.
  15. Craeshen

lol it's not the range i'm ******** about It's the 40 or more nc camped in a spawn room firing the damned things through the shields for 15 minutes till the base flips sitting there invulnerable. And if your saying an engy or 2 can out repair 40 phoenixes you sir are on glue. Otoh vanu can do the same thing they just have to expose themselves to return fire to do it and therein lies the balance. I'm not saying nerf the phoenix just something needs to be done about the ability to fire it from inside the spawn room shields.
  16. Flag

You're not. That is the easy answer.
  17. SolidSnake

Takes a lot more skill to use a Phoenix than a Striker if that's how you want to put it. Hold viewfinder in the general direction of aircraft, wait, wait, wait, press trigger, wow... that was hard. At least with a Phoenix I have to actively guide the rocket, which is not difficult to begin with but according to your post "Strikering" is somehow a skillful activity.

Flares cure all the other factions illnesses right? I pop flares and I'm forever immune to Strikers? if that's the kind of ****** advice you have for how to deal with Strikers, here's mine for you on how to deal with Phoenixes, you ready? got your pencil and paper available? ok.... move. That's it, don't stand in one spot with your tank for 1 full minute like a moron and you won't get destroyed. Seriously, how do you even lose your tank to a Phoenix? it takes forever to reload, travels so slowly and only does 750 damage per hit. Now if you're losing your ESF to Phoenix launchers.... I LOL @ you.
  18. SolidSnake

I tried this OP move you guys are all whining about and it doesn't work out of all shields. Maybe it has to do with the type of base, but you troll whiners seem to feed each other and you start using "facts" another troll mentioned on your posts.

Now, 40 NC camped behind a shield huh? should have said 100, it sounds more dramatic. "HUNDERRRRS of NC RUCKETS! THEY'S EVERYERE! OMG LUUK AT ALL OF THEM! /ragequit"
  19. NinjaTurtle

No one wanted it? Enough of you use it to suggest otherwise o_O
  20. metrotw

you work with what you're given.

you guys are ******** about the striker when you can just as easy pick up the annih and do the same exact thing the
    striker does right back to the tr....I get locked on PLENTY by vs\nc in open field battle and as soon as the fight hits a
    base or tower you start to see phoenix and lancer spam. why is that? because you CAN that's why. at least you guys have
    a CHOICE of what weapon style you want to use for a particular scenario. what do we get? common pool dumbfire
    and (yet again) more lock on crap. You guys get camera guided DECIMATORS and 800 meter near hitscan OMGWTFLAZORRRRBBQ's.

I (and I'm sure the majority of tr) would have LOVED for the striker to have been a wire guided launcher so we too could
    have had a fun toy, but we all know the fun stuff is reserved for higby's chosen. You guys are QQing over a re-skinned annihilator
    that not only has been around since like the end of december but that EVERYONE has access too as well.

tl;dr nc\vs get the fun and unique stuff and tr get re-skinned annihilators.

[IMG]