What's the best class?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by -Synapse-, Oct 30, 2013.

1. doombro

Heavy Assault, without a single doubt. It's the most powerful combat class because it boasts some of the most powerful weapons in the game, and has shields that greatly aid in defense. It's also the go-to class for killing vehicles of any kind, including MAXes, since it has rocket launchers. All in all, it's the most versatile class for when you need something dead.

The other classes are all highly situational, and will have their ups and downs at different times.
  2. ExquisitExamplE

My parapsychology class was definitely my favorite out of all the classes I took.
    • Up x 5
  3. Mxiter

There isn't best class since each one have it's own niche/speciality.
    Imo, the HAs and the engeneers are the most versatile.
    Medics are the ultimate support class.
    LA and inf can be the most fustrating to fight.
  4. Bill Hicks

Mage. Its always mage. no matter what game.
    • Up x 3
  5. Bill Hicks

Did you test your ESP abilities?
  6. Kunavi

The best? If you deck it right, either HA or Engie IMHO. That AV turret is crazy and so is the Resist Shield. Medics aren't that threatening. There's always LA+C4 or +Shottie, no C4 and they are too easy once you can predict their flight path and lead properly. And Shot-Guns are available to HAs too so I can't really say it's LA. I think the final verdict as far as I'm concerned, is... HA, despite Engineers' variety of tools.
  7. Kid Gloves

Upper class, or failing that upper-middle class.

Having a huge disposable income means you can afford to spend more on SC, giving you more flexibility within the game.
    • Up x 4
  8. Torok

Infiltrator
  9. DramaticExit

I seem to get the best score per minute using engineer, max or LA...

Then again, the scores for HA and infiltrator are still suffering from my "Oh god I have no idea what I'm doing" noob days, and I never really use the medic.

Basically, there sin't much of a best class... I tend to prefer playing as LA or Infil when I'm on foot, since I feel more comfortable with those classes at the moment than any other, but that can change, and has changed already.
  10. teks

First class is the best class
  11. phreec

Heavy Assault.

More health and firepower.
  12. Rogueghost

I disagree on best weapons, LMGs are somewhat lack luster if you ignore the massive ammo pool, but the god shield more then overcomes that slight weakness.
  13. ExquisitExamplE

Yes, they are rather limited. The best part of the class though was our guest speaker who channeled an entity called Joshiah, I'm not even kidding, it was very illuminating.

http://www.joshiah.com/
  14. Metaltoys

Zoe is the best class.
  15. MasterCheef

If you want to kill- HA
    If you want to sneak around - Inf
    If you want to lone wolf - LA

It truly depends on your style of play. If you want to know whos the best at killing overall then it would have to be HA, but If you lone wolf a lot, then youll find yourself constantly getting ambushed by LAs and INFs and it will seem like they have the advantage. So again, it depends on your style of play.
  16. CNR4806

High-end gaming rig class.
    • Up x 2
  17. Booface

There are a lot of different roles in PS2, so it depends on the situation. Personally I prefer Infiltrator and find it the most fun, but I've made a point of certing out all my other classes so that I can contribute to any situation I need to. If you're just starting out, though, it's better to pick a certain role and cert out that load out so you can be effective.

That being said, in a straight up fight, Medics can heal and have the best all-around weapons. Some folks will say HAs are the best in a straight up fight, but I think a Medic is better if you can find cover to reload between every 2-3 targets. You have more accurate and higher DPS weapons, and I'd say the self-heal is comparable to resist shield in terms of overall self-preservation. You've got C-4 for if you get the jump on a vehicle. Plus they are invaluable for a squad from a teamwork perspective as well.
  18. Mhak

Engis are the best at repairing. Infis are the best snipers/cloakers. Best jetpackers are easily LAs. Best 1v1 CQCers are heavies. And I'd have to say medics are probably the best at healing.
    • Up x 2
  19. Pie Chasm

Paladin
    • Up x 2
  20. IamDH

Yo momma

ohooooohoooo im on a roll