What's the best class?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by -Synapse-, Oct 30, 2013.

1. -Synapse-

In your opinion, what class is the best?
  2. JesNC

Whatever gets the job done at that time. Can't really name a favourite tbh.
    • Up x 6
  3. CaptainYamerica

Without the risk of seeming cliche... they all have their merits.

I will say my fav. class to play is Medic. but, I like playing healer in most games.
    • Up x 1
  4. Van Dax

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  5. Maellean

Pretty much what has been said already. Whatever class your squad/faction needs at the time to get the job done. Though Light Assault seems to be the class I pull the least for whatever reason.
  6. MFP_TK_01

Best class is the class that you are proficient in.

If you want to know what my favorite class is, I would say engineer with a second as medic. Any other class just makes me feel so .....basic.
  7. NinjaTurtle

I like LA and Infiltrator best. I find their styles much more interesting. Having a whole 3 dimensions to play with as a LA gives you the potential to flank and take out groups of enemies camping at the top of a tower etc.

The same is true of the Infiltrator. Their cloak allows you to get into the middle of enemies and cause real havok.

To utilize these classes to their full potential requires smart play and if utilized properly I feel these classes are more deadly than any other
    • Up x 1
  8. Phazaar

TR.

If that doesn't count, Mossy.

If that doesn't count, pilot.

If that doesn't count, HA, because EZ mode.
  9. MorganM

Trick question; anyone who's played long enough knows every class excels in a given situation. There is no best class. Lots of ppl default to ENG but for specific reasons. Lots of ppl default to HA for specific reasons though. So just because I always default to ENG doesn't mean it's THE best class... it's just a good place to start until I can analyze the situation at hand and then adapt acordingly.

This game is all about adapting as the circumstances change. It's a very dynamic game; runing around as class X all the time isn't going to yield the best results all the time.
  10. TheBlindFreak

It's all down to preference and situation. If AV is needed, obviously a HA or Engi is the way to go. Not enough medics on the field? Switch to medic and keep those soldiers up and shooting.

Personally, I love playing Light Assault. It makes sneaking and flanking a lot easier (arguably easier than the infiltrator). I really can't count the number of times I have weakened an enemy foothold enough for allies to punch through a choke point by flanking from behind with a flash grenade, a pump action, and some C4.
    The most recent was the other night at Indar Excavation, north of Quartz Ridge. We were trying to push and retake point B, but the VS had locked down the small building that connected over to that area. They had 2-3 maxes, several medics and engis, and a few heavies all focused on the door. I carefully sneak over the building, tossed a flash in, rushed in took out the medics, C4'd 2 maxes, and bum rushed the HA's. Then proxed to my allies to push in.
    The downside to LA's is the lack of support when you are in areas that medics and engi's can't go. But they are great at flanking and covering your team's blind spots.
  11. Zorro

Light assault. Although the most difficult to play, it is the most mobile class and and can deal incredible amounts of damage.
  12. Klondik3

The Cyberdemon.
  13. Earthman

This thread and this question is in just about every MMO ever.

Same answer to all of them applies: IT DEPENDS.

It depends on what you want to do and how you like to do it.
    • Up x 1
  14. Pikachu

[IMG]

On topic:
    Vanu HA
  15. Earthman

I'm missing context here. I know who that guy is (sort of) and obviously know who Pikachu is but I am genuinely lost at what is being said.
    • Up x 1
  16. MFP_TK_01

Just nod and walk away before it's too late.
  17. Get2dachoppa

Wizard. Sure, you start off weak but become total god-mode once you reach those high level spells.
    • Up x 2
  18. Earthman

Too late. I'm very curious.

But duty calls. I'll return in a few hours and try to figure out the Professor Oak/Pikachu mystery.
  19. Flapatax

Heavy assault is the most jack-of-all-trades and best killing class in the game. Very bad at repairing maxes and vehicles, though.
  20. Shadowyc

Well, since it's the cartoon Pikachu...Pikachu was typically the solution to any problem in the first season. By zapping it a lot.
    • Up x 1
  21. Jogido

that is a strange question, since if there is a best class, then the game is broken