What weapons do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Okjoek, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Okjoek

Note: I'm playing as TR

So far I have had the best results by using the KSR semi-automatic Sniper Rifle. I've tried one of the Bolt action sniper rifles and what I found was that the bolt action takes too long to get off its 2 shots than the Semi-auto takes to get off its 3 shots needed for a kill. Also the 4x scope seems to be useful in more situations than 6x and higher because I simply don't like fighting from that far away. Plus I don't have to put up with that ridiculous breathing effect on the scope.

I was thinking about the scout rifle. I wouldn't be helpless in close quarters, but it might take a shot or 2 more to bring down a target. Not sure if I would use 3.4 or 4x scope though. It seemed alright in VR training, but that can fail to translate to real fighting so I wanted to ask what you guys prefer.
  2. ZDarkShadowsZ

BASR's are more than a 2-shot kill, they're a OHK (excluding variables such as HA shield) but you must remember that they're excellent head-hunter weapons. Since you find the 6x-12x scopes less appealing, if you haven't already, try the Tsar-42. I personally have mine with a 4x scope and the straight-pull bolt. While it sure doesn't have the RPM of a semi-auto, with some practice you can pull off some excellent quick headshots and become a killing machine in a way that the semi-auto's just don't allow.

I like each of the scout rifles though my favourite has to be the SOAS-20 though due to its 143 damage profile and low mag, unless I'm strictly going for headshots I find myself being unable to kill any more than 1-2 people per mag. The HSR-1 isn't a bad scout rifle, I do like it for its ability to pull off shots reasonably well but I personally find the Vandal does things so much better, it has a slightly faster RoF which rivals with the semi-auto snipers, it has a 15 round mag, and that 0.75x movement speed is great, plus it sounds great. :D
  3. Ximaster

On my hunter NC infiltrator i like Gauss SPR and SAS-R,on my Vanu stalker,the Underboss.
  4. 0fly0

Ghost with 4x scope, you need to use it with a commisioner for the 2 shot, if you want to play in cqc and miss the head just swich to commi and you only need a body shot.
    For a new player it's probably better to use scout rifle with 4x scope in cqc and try to aim the head that way you only need 1 hs and 1 bs.
  5. HamOnRye

If you are looking for a flexible weapon platform I recommend the Vandal. I use it for when I don't know what I am going to be facing. I have used it CQC, midrange, and I still snipe with it as well. If I could only have one gun on my infiltrator this would be it.

Its only weakness, and all scout rifles have this, is CQC. Use the Repeater as your side arm and that weakness is covered.
  6. Iridar51

It's a tricky question, since most infiltrator weapons do have a place, and are strong when used properly.

Myself I gravitate towards automatic weapons with some ranged ability, so I prefer full auto scout rifle, which is a gimped assault rifle, basically. I think cloak is too loaded with downsides to be used effectively within SMG range, and sniping is another thing entirely. So I'd rather keep enemies at some distance, and that's where the surprise advantage of cloak comes in.

Vandal fills the same role much better, but it does require semi auto skill to use.

Overall, the short range BASR is probably the best weapon for an infil, since it has the potential to instakill almost anything within huge distance, and it's not that hard to use, actually, unless you fall under return fire, in which case pray to the Elusive you're a better shot and flinch doesn't screw you over.
    • Up x 1
  7. AnuErebus

The TSAR-42/SAS-R/Ghost is my favorite set of rifles. The quick chamber time, low zoom optics and pure fun factor they offer with 1 shot headshots makes them my go to weapon for infiltrator in the vast majority of situations. I'll also use the M77-B/Bolt-Driver/XM98 when I feel like I want a 6-8x scope or the RAMS/Longshot/Parralax when I snipe at extreme ranges. When I use SMGs I'll use the Cyclone, Eridani or Armistice depending on which faction I'm playing. Those are IMO the best weapons available to the infiltrator and outshine pretty much everything else to varying degrees.

The Blitz, Sirius, semi-auto scouts (HSR/Shadow/Ghost and Vandal), auto scouts (SOAS/Stalker/Artemis), and the SR-7/LA80/V10 are what I considered essentially my tier 2 weapons. Blitz and Sirius are pretty solid, I just prefer the other ES SMGs over them. Scout rifles aren't anything special, but they let me change up my playstyle a little bit and aren't so bad that I can't still get kills effectively. Definitely wouldn't take any of them into a fight where I was going up against equally skilled players though. The SR-7/LA80/V10 meanwhile is mostly only used for legacy reasons. I consider it the weakest bolt-action these days, but it was my favorite rifle in the game for the first year so there's some lingering attachment despite its nerfed state.

Anything else and you'd have to start paying me to use. Railjack's delay doesn't suit how I play at all. Phaseshift can be interesting for the no ammo aspect, but otherwise it mixes the major issues with semi-autos and a delay that plays out similar to the railjack for one shot headshots. MKV, Failstorm and NS-7 are just weak weapons, wouldn't want any of them in a head to head fight. The Semi-auto snipers are broken and rely on RNG as much as player skill to get kills which makes them rage inducing to use. Then there's the TRAP which is just weird given its varying and ridiculously bad recoil.
    • Up x 1
  8. breeje

has anybody tried the vandal with laser, next to the smg's it's my favorite for cqc
    i use it like a shotgun with rapid fire
    • Up x 1
  9. I_am_the_kiwi

I find that my favorite weapon has varied over time. When I first started this game a year ago I quickly gravitated towards the Rams .50, stacked up 12k kills with the weapon. I did find it lacking since I was not on the 'front' so I picked up the SMG and got the auraxium weapon. Smgs were fun and all but I found I was too 'exposed'. I was introduced to the KSR-35 and i fell in love with the thing, I was able to mow down groups entering a room with a well timed EMP. I used a 4x scope to help practice headshots (for the tsar later on). Fast forward a few months and now i Main VS, Phantom is what i started out with and i did well with the thing, however after using a 4x for about ~10k kills i finally made the switch to the Ghost. I really like it a lot and it is now my primary weapon. Point of all of this is, each weapon suits a certain style and as we progress through the game our style changes. Happy Hunting!

-Kiwi
  10. TekFish

Although it sounds a bit strange my fave Inf weapon is probably the Full Auto Scout Rifle. Sure it's not very good, and I don't get that many kills with it, but it's FUN. It makes me think about my approach.
  11. johnway

i am a massive coward with terrible accuracy. But one of my biggest pleasures in this game is using the infiltrator for defensive purposes. If there is a standoff and/or over distances i can't get to grips to the enemy, the infiltrator class gets some action.

I always go for bolt action rifles with x6 scopes for the 1 hit headshot kills. Semi auto weapons just don't cut it and it gives the enemy time to escape or move and mess up my kill. I could go for the shorter range rifles, but it gets me into ranges where i'm easy prey. If i was a twitchy, fast accurate shooting sniper i might buy one.

I don't have an SMG so i don't know how to be a sneaky ninja. But i use the motion darts

Just a couple of things - I credit the Infiltrator class alone for getting me the Headshot directive completed with ease. When ever i play infiltrator i usually spend the first few minutes getting my bearings and looking for gunfire before i do any shooting. What i look for mostly are:

1. Large groups of people. for a target rich environment.

2. Engineers in turrets. They are easy targets as they're stationary on the spot.

3. other infiltrators. You'll be surprised at how many of them are stationary targets. Few shoot and move or cloak afterwards and run. I usually find immense satisfaction counter sniping with a bolt action rifle. Its sometimes a game of wits to outsmart the other infiltrators.

4. Anyone else standing around are usual targets.
  12. InsaneLinguist

Really depends on the situation I find myself in. But for my generalist build I tend to gravitate toward HSR-1 (semi-auto scout rifle).
  13. Okjoek

I've used the full auto scout rifle, but the magazine size was too small for my preference. I would put it as my second favorite weapon next to my KSR-35. I'm still grinding out the credits for the Vandal though which looks like it should be just as much fun as the KSR if not more.

But what about sidearms? I use the excelent tx-1 repeater, but I was debating whether it would be worth it to get the crossbow with explosive bolts in order to be able to hurt vehicles which is currently the only thing that grinds my gears about the infiltrator class.
  14. Larkaywatt

I happen to love the NS-7 PDW, and it has a permanent spot in each of my classes. The Armistice is flat out awesome for CQC, and invaluable for my in-yo-face infiltrator loadout. :p

For medium ranges, I use the M77-B with an 8x scope and straight-pull for my Overwatch loadout. I'm thinking about getting the Vandal too for a slightly closer range version of my loadout.

For sidearms, I tend to gravitate to the Underboss. Revolvers have always been a favorite of mine, and its stopping power is only surpassed by the Commissioner. Explosive bolt crossbows I don't know about. Unless you've got an outfit with other dedicated infiltrators, you really aren't going to do that much damage to vehicles by yourself.
  15. Navron

CQC: NS-7 PDW
    Medium: NS Vandal
    Long Range: LA-80

My goal is to Auraxium everything though.
  16. Kalari

SASR and a desperado when NC and TSAR and supressed default pistol when TR. (we dont do vanu in my house)
  17. Okjoek

I suppose I'll stick with the repeater. To be honest I think NC has some of the best weapons, especially for infiltrator, but when choosing my main empire I had to choose TR because the NC doesn't appear to have a very long term goal and I've never been a very rebellious person to begin with. What I would like though is to have that burst NC pistol, the desperado because it looks like a beefy version of the tx-1 repeater.

I only wish the faction specific pistols could have sight attachments like the NS ones do.

Oh and NC infiltrators do look cooler in my opinion.
  18. FeralBoy

As its been said before by another, it's also totally situational for me. I only play TR at the moment. I won't even comment on sniping at range but I do love the TSAR with 3.4X and 1X load outs. The Vandal is just plain wicked, I use 3.4X and 1X load outs with it as well.

I don't currently run SMG builds as I'm the masochistic type pushing sidearm directives so I'll leave SMG opinions to those who run them. I really haven't met a pistol I don't like but the Repeater is sick, and honestly, I love the AMP. It almost feels like cheating. If you get close enough to grab them by the belt loop it's all over. It's a pocket SMG, enough said lol. I will Auraxium that one last because it's not fair lol, it is that easy.

The Blackhand has its merits and I do use it from time to time but I'm already waist deep into Auraxium-ing 5 sidearms already so I probably will not concentrate on it that much.

When I roll up a VS I'm sure the Beamer will once again, like in PS1, be my trusty companion, and when I roll a mullet loving NC I'm sure the Desperado will be a favorite.
  19. Xybranus

It all depends on what I'm doing. Infiltrator is something I'm still learning to pick up and play with, and while my long-range shooting skills are sub par at best, the Phaseshift has never done me wrong. It's a quirky weapon that takes a good amount of getting used to, but it's also one of the more (if not the most) flexible sniper rifles in the entire game, and the lack of ammo makes it perfect for people like me who are either still learning basic infiltrator mechanics, or are just inherently awful shots.

For closer work, I switch it up very frequently from the nearly-miserable Artemis VX26 (full auto scout rifle) and the Vandal. The Artemis is fun, and I really, really, *really* like the gun, but, nine times out of ten, you'll be outgunned by nearly everything else in the game. Hell, the NC and TR's burst-fire pistols are more effective than the Artemis at ranges under ten meters. And the Vandal is just the general purpose, all ranges weapon that makes playing an aggressive Infiltrator a whole lot of fun.

There is something to be said about rocking a stalker-cloak with an Underboss and running around poking away at terminals and the like, I'm even less effective at doing that, but it's much more fun as a general 'rule of thumb'.
  20. Exitus Acta Probat

I also like the Artemis, I don't know what it is but I just love it with a suppressor, there are better weapons but I just enjoy using it.

I like the crossbow with the stalker cloak, I'm better with pistols but again, I just enjoy using it.

I also like the mag4 over the desperado, once again a suppressed mag4 just feels right.