What the NC really needs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Torok, Dec 9, 2013.

1. FocusLight

Yes, it's just the most effective and accurate shotgun in the game, really we can't be happy with this.

If they change the Jackhammer in any way, I want a boost to the MCG. Like, change it into a belt-fed weapon with a 1000 rounds total ammo in a huge drum on the soldier's back, and boost the ROF to 1000 rounds per minute. I don't even care if they cut down the damage per bullet, so long as I get an actual chaingun. Because really?

The MCG is just another LMG...

You think very highly of yourself, don't you?

Really, people will extract whatever they want from anything that anyone can say, confirmation-bias will ensure that.
  2. CWorth

I'm happy with the NC weapons and such.
    Sure we need a once over slight balance pass to bring us more in line with the rest but otherwise we are not as bad as people have been saying.

It is true that NC is the hardmode faction no doubt and the learning curve is pretty high for our weapons so it is understandable that balancing could be a bit of a pain for reasons given. But IMHO you simply cannot do balancing of the game around the top 1% of your playerbase
  3. MattGL

No, thats not what he said rofl. He said NC are basically fine, they are just less accessible for the terribles(vast majority of ps2 players). Put NC weapons in anyone with a modicum of skill and they perform just as well as the other factions. Over time they will be making changes to cater to the massive amount of whiney, ****** NC.

Think of it like this: Planetside 2 is the equivalent of moving at a walking pace over flat pavement, with a minor, half inch tall speedbump, every twenty feet or so.

The TR are moving over this surface in shoes, and the NC are moving over it in inline skates. Put those skates on anyone who isnt a complete handicapped ******* ****** and they will cross this plane just as easy, if not with less effort, than the TR players who are walking.

Put those skates on 90+% of the ******* who play this game and they will trip and break every bone in their body on the first minor bump.

Just look at your sig, the proof is in the pudding. You have comparable K/D on all three characters. The NC character has a slightly lower K/D, but lets look further than that. It was your first character made. You learned to play the game with this character for a month before you even created the other two. Its K/D will be forever gimped because of this, but its still right in line with your other two characters, and STILL in the middle for score per minute.

Dont really need to say anything else.
  4. Mhak

Melatonin makes me sleep at night. We are hardmode compared to TR and VS, but we don't win sometimes because we're better than you; statistically NC is in last place in just about every important category. That points out how inferior our gear is, or as people like you sometimes like to say, how bad everybody in the faction is. We usually win because we outnumber you.

But please, expound on how you consider what I said whining. Do you just consider everything you hear to be whining? Or are you just unfamiliar with that the word means?
  5. Liquid23

while I agree with what your saying about the MCG it's still not a chain gun and wouldn't be even with your changes... it's a gatling-style gun and not a chaingun as it's not driven by an external power source through the use of a chain instead of recoil... I suppose you could call it a minigun because that's rather common but still technically wrong as Minigun specifically refers to the M134... the same as tho some call weapons with rotating barrels Gatling guns which is also wrong since Gatling gun specifically refers to the hand cracked weapon designed by Richard Gatling... thus it's a "gatling-style weapon" or a rotary cannon if of a large caliber.. but yes I too would like it to be changed so that the rotating barrel design actually makes sense... because it doesn't when the weapon only has the same effective RoF as some of the single barreled LMGs... unless the rounds it fires are super heated, on fire or something... lol

fun fact: "chain gun" is actually trademarked by the company Alliant Techsystems Inc who are an aerospace, defense, and commercial products company based out of Virginia and who manufactures systems like the M242 Bushmaster chain gun
  6. gigastar

The Jack is a better shotgun. More than that its the only shotgun which dishes out that much damage with that much accuracy.

Im generally opposed to NC getting shotguns on everything, but the Jack is the one thing that works.
  7. FocusLight

When people point out something negative about something, it's making a statement, highlighting an issue. When they do it twice or maybe three times, perhaps even a fourth time down the line, it's repetition of a statement.

At some point however going on and on and on about this makes the statement little more than a cry, a repetitive complaint about this negative thing. It becomes whining. NC has collectively been whining about their 'broken gear' and their 'hard-mode game-play' for the last 8 months or more. It's tiresome, so damn tiresome, to read about this or hear about this in-game every single day.

Fact of the matter is, in a 3-way team free-for-all like this game SOMEONE will be doing the best overall, someone will be doing the worst. Overall it seems TR is in the 'lead' in most categories and NC has been behind. How far behind have the NC as a faction been, however? Is it a crippling issue?

According to some the different factors that impact the NC's performance is so bad, the faction is either unplayable or playing it is "hard-mode" making the chosen few who do play it some kind of superior breed of gamers who are somehow good enough to "keep up despite the disadvantage of playing NC", implying they are naturally better players and will totally dominate once NC get's a balance pass to fix the issues.

This makes the NC as a faction home to a huge collection of both whiners and elitist tools with delusions of greatness, who switch between thinking the world is against them and all the 'good NC' players has quit for other factions long ago, and pretty good players with far to high thoughts about themselves.

It's not just what you especially say or has said. It's what's currently flowing out of the NC section of the PS2 community on a daily basis. It's fine to point out that stuff is in need of fixing, but there is a line between constructive criticism and out-right loud complaining, and surely the elitist "NC is hard-mode and will dominate you plebeians when balanced" attitude has no room in any of that.
  8. Mhak

Got past the first line where you said pointing out something negative (how is saying we still win negative, btw?) is making a statement.

I'm not here to argue with you, I was never whining, everything I said was actually made with a positive point. If you interpreted it as whining, it's because you've been forumsiding too long. Maybe if I didn't say anything about how NC is still actually successful at this game, it could have been interpreted as whining...
  9. PanzerShrimp

I personally would rather a shotgun weapon for my liberator, to balance this giant shotgun it should be near useless at range and requires the liberate to be within 1 meter of the target.
  10. grazr

[IMG] What the NC really need are less shotguns and more weapon versatility. NC suck at medium range.
    It'd be less justified if these balance issues weren't backed up with stats. When a faction is under performing and the game data demonstrates it irrefutably, i'm pretty sure those players are justified to complain about it. The fact that you are tired of it is really irrelevant to the process.
    • Up x 1
  11. MrMurdok

Oh, okay, so now everything Higby says is now the 100% God honest truth.

So NC are only keeping up because they're the best players on any server, and VS only use things that are obviously OP.

Cool.
  12. Spude

Wat.

I thought all the whiners whine about NC sucking at CQC and their weapons are only effective at longer ranges. Well i guess everything sucks on NC then . . .
  13. huller

What he actualy said was that NC weapons are perfectly fine apart from being too hard to learn, and therefore they cannot simply buff them without making them OP for those who have learned how to play with them.
  14. Syrathin

At some point. :p (Sorry mate, I had to.)
    A few tweaks here and there are all that's needed, I agree that the level of outcry seems to far outweigh the actual problem. But that's how it's always been in online games...if there's a .004% difference people are going to scream from that rooftops over such a grave injustice.
    The downside is in most games that seems to be the only way to actually get some attention and forumside has shown that to be the case in the past. Remember what NC were like in beta compared to how they are now? That wasn't because of the NC whining, Just saying. Every faction has gone over the top on the forums and it's not an exclusively NC issue, It's just our turn.

I think it depends mostly on who you ask and their inclination to hyperbole

Edit - Effing typos.
  15. Torok

Stop talking about balance in a Jackhammer thread!

[IMG]
  16. Vandali

The NC needs more of the fun factor that the other factions have.

I have tons more fun on my VS medic with their weapons, especially the h-v45, than I do while playing an NC medic, which has sadly led to me abandoning my NC char of late.
  17. grazr

Our factions signature weapon is the shotgun and signature weakness massive rifle bloom. Exactly what gave you the impression our faction functions at long range besides our MBT's main cannon.

I'm not even sure what our factions best distance is supposed to be, our damage falloff is great, but unless you use semi-automatic on a machine gun it's almost useless due to recoil modifiers and bloom making most of your shots miss, whilst the slow RoF exacerbates the issue. Weapons you'd think have an advantage at a distance actually don't because those shots simply don't land.

18. iRepair

But they're not the weakest - the TR is the weakest, followed by the NC and then followed by the VS, where the VS is the most powerful faction.
    Those who claim that NC is the worst faction in terms of gear, are noobs who need to get some skills and learn to play the game.
  19. ZEPLN

Yes.

Which is pretty much what I said. The weakness I mentioned is a tougher learning curve. I apologize for not being more clear initially. I play all the factions... NC really is hard-mode. Check my sig ffs... NC only has a few items that truly excel over the other factions. GD7F is by far the best carbine in the game I think, and a smart Vanguard operator really is unbeatable... but it doesn't change the fact that the NC could use a little love. For the most part... I really think the NC LMGs are the only infantry weapons in dire need of a little rework.

If they don't get a buff... I'll survive. I've only been playing NC since beta.
  20. Hibiki54

How dare you read my mind!

But I'll let it slide since great minds think alike.