What the hell SoE why are VS MAX weapons equivalent to half a GDF7?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Arghy, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Arghy

Go log on to the test server and check the stats of the VS AI max weapons--the only one better then the vanilla one is the cosmos the other ones are straight up worse. How long has this game been out with these broken stats? what do you have to say about it? Sorry we dont have time to design your faction, heres some random stats?

The blueshift is supposed to be the accurate MAX weapon, its the most inaccurate with nothing but down sides.
    The nebula is supposed to have an increased RoF, it has 30 more RPM for penalties in all fields.

I thought oh the damage will be massive to counter this! The VS MAX weapons do a whopping 167 damage at 10m with 350-400 RPM, for comparison the *Gauss SAW a NC LMG does 167 damage at 10m with 577 RPM.

Thats right VS have MAX units equal to a *single NC carbine. What is this a community mod? its a good thing we arent paying you... oh wait.

*Upon reviewing the stats in detail i have corrected the post,

The nebula(fast RoF) has 143 damage at 10m with 400 RPM, the GDF7 has 143 damage at 10m and 845 RPM
    The blueshift(accurate) has 167 damage at 10m with 351 RPM, the gauss SAW has 167 damage and 577 RPM
    The Cosmos has 167 damage at 10m with 331 RPM and the best accuracy of all VS MAX weapons
    • Up x 1
  2. JudgeDeath

Welcome to VS max design .... It makes no sense currently but set your hopes and dreams on the Max revamp in few weeks (hopefully)
  3. Xasapis

I'm hoping that the current weapon rebalancing will come before the max upgrade that will introduce new weapons and abilities.
  4. Zaik

5. Konfuzfanten

But but but the NC MAX cant kill anything at +100 meters!
    • Up x 2
  6. datfluttershy

Yes the VS Max currently and pretty much since release sucks. But you should be more thankful that it isnt one of the few good things about your faction.
    So you would be mad if your Scythe was a Reaver, just like NC would be mad if our MAX would underperform so massively. It is understandable but you will just have to wait until someone within SOE stops copy pasting weapon models into the game and actually look at things that are broken or simply configured wrong.

For your fail-Maxes, you have my sympathy - But every Faction got screwed one way or the other.

Edit: TRID doesnt need to care about MAX performance, they just use 5x the ammount present by the enemy. Keep 55% Pop capping Esamir :p
  7. Arghy

Sorry couldent remember the stats exactly but this is our MAX AI weapons and now that i do have the stats dear god their worse then before!

*I corrected the post, if you bought 2 nebulas you have actually less fire power then a single NC carbine.
  8. Zaik

don't feed their victim complex, cosmos is almost perfectly on par with mercy, which both work just fine for anti infantry.

they're just severely ******** that when they walk right up to a hacksaw using max they can't win. the idea of standing...i dunno...10 feet back is unthinkable. using kinetic armor so that it requires 16-17 blasts out of any scattercannon(other than mattocks, which couldn't at all) with zero missed pellets to kill them? not a chance, their stock max must be superior to the nc one at every range.
  9. huller

Same for the TR but to a slightly lesser extent. We are talking a bout miniguns here, why do they have a RoF that is barely more than half of a carbine?

We are talking about two of these on each arm
  10. Mhollo15

Why are you complaining. It is a test serve and you know the stats are off. But wait there is more. The max changes have not been added to the server yet. They will all change once you get your abilities and up dates. so do not cry until it is patched in to the server
  11. Mhollo15

also with the max lock down in place you will have a rate of fire for the tr that is crazy
  12. Arghy

Hahahaha the VS pistol is better then the VS MAX AI weapon at 10m also i dont know how accurate these stats are as there is def some inconsistencys between these spread sheets, current ingame stats and test server stats.
  13. Mhollo15

like i said a bunch of stats in the test server are what we have now. not what is coming up tomorrow
  14. Arghy

I guess we wont know until the stats gos live so we can see the final weapon stats that we are playing with but something tells me that they wont change.
  15. Mhollo15

the states on there now are right for what we have so to complain over what we go t yes. But as for the update comming we know nothing as of know and the title of this thread has game update 7 in the name amd the server as of now has nothing to do with update 7
  16. Athessu

The Gauss SAW has 500 rpm. If memory serves; it had 550 during beta.
  17. Prudentia

I don't see anything regarding GU7 in the title. only a comparision between max weapons and the GD7F Carbine.

And the devs said that they wanted to bring the underused max weapons up to par with the others, so of if these changes are on the Testserver, they could be better than the stats of the current VS AI MAX weapons...
  18. Morpholine

Yep, it's a Max-armored HA with his LMG split into 2 firing buttons. The TR version isn't much different.

Compare that to the other (only?) AI max with its two shotguns, both putting out full shotgun damage, and you can see where the complaint lies.

But then, some NC sheep will be along shortly to compare his shotgun's effectiveness at ranges where any Max would be better off using a freaking Burster arm to these half-LMGs, any second now.
  19. InfamousOrnio

It's SOE not SoE
  20. VanuSovereignty