What mouse are you using?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gunuko, May 9, 2013.

1. NinjaTurtle

2. phreec

3. Dervishkid

Sidewinder x52

Old but epic gaming mouse
  4. PhearXxX

Razer Naga
  5. xVirtue

Razer Deathadder 3.5G + Steelseries gaming mat
  6. Rogueghost

Look at everyone and their fancy gaming mouses, I bought my mouse 3 years ago for 10 bucks and it works fine.

I got my left button for killing, my right button for aiming, and my middle button for knifing and selecting my tool of murder, why would I need one of these gaming mouses with 10+ buttons? What need would I have for all of them.
  7. xVirtue

Do you really want to reach all the way for tapping 4 and taking your hands off WASD for a split second? That second could save your life. Rebinding your keys to your mouse is, from a competitive standpoint, necessary. From a common player's standpoint, its a luxury that's affordable.

Also by using your mouse for certain tasks, you can do things that you normally can't. ie. using a mouse button gives infinitely better turn angles when in aircraft.
  8. Rogueghost

Most of the time I kill who I'm shooting at before the situation becomes dire enough to pop a med kit or switch to my pistol, and after 7 years of gaming without a gaming mouse + keyboard I think I can hit the 4 or 2 key a lot faster then I can fumble around my new mouse trying to remember what key I binned to what.

I suppose if I flew a lot more a gaming mouse could be a lot more useful, but as an infantry centric player who has been using a normal mouse and keyboard for as long as I've been playing fps's on the pc I can't seen myself investing into one anytime soon.
  9. xVirtue

However you must acknowledge that clicking a mouse to pitch up is exponentially better than dragging your mouse across the mousepad. (aircraft) :)
    • Up x 1
  10. SpaceKing

Same.
    I miss mouse accel though, been throwing my aim off :/
  11. Rogueghost

Oh yes, you quoted me before I added that to my post, If I flew more I could see myself investing in a gaming mouse, but seeing that when I do fly I only use it to farm infantry rather then dogfight I don't view it as a worthwhile investment for now.
    • Up x 1
  12. Awote

Tt eSPORTS Saphira / Steelseries Sensei RAW.
  13. Blackoth

Logitech G700
  14. opilcher

Logitech G500, A complete tank
  15. Tiedemann

Logitech MX1000. My second since 2005.
  16. BCKrogoth

Razer Naga Epic.
    Left Right Center - the usual
    Key 1: Platoon Chat
    Key 2: Squad Chat
    Key 4: Prox Chat