What mouse are you using?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gunuko, May 9, 2013.

1. StayingFrosty

Razer Taipan or Razer Naga Hex with a Razer Goliathus Control mousepad.
  2. Shurrikken

+1 great mouse
  3. AstroCat

Logitech MX518 (older "good" one with the 5 small "feet" and 1600 dpi) Love this thing, hope it keeps going! :)
  4. Jupil@ire

Logitech G700.

- Wireless freedom
    - From 200 to 5700 DPI and one of the best reaction time.
    - Every button (13) can be configurated like you want it (macro) and is easily accessible.
    - A sniper button function.
    - 5 integrated profiles and as many profiles for each game you own.

The only disadvantage is that it consumes batteries like a monster hell. Then I bought 4 rechargeable batteries + loader and I've never been out of energy since :) !

Usually it costs around 80-100 euros. Got it for 70 on Amazon during a special offer.

Once you have the freedom of wireless, you just can't go back.

A masterpiece.
    • Up x 1
  5. BloodyPuma

Recently bought Razer Ouroboros. Mouse is great, software is total laggy crap. Turning it off - gives me best mouse ive ever had.

Before - cheapest possible A4tech F4 [that famous flawed one]. Still, it was doing what was supposed to do. Its only the matter of comfort.
  6. Ballor

Razer Deathadder with a rocketfish control pad
  7. Huskar

logitech M570.

love this series of mice used the wired one before but like jupil said once you go wireless you'll never go back, plus it's really easy on batteries the'll last like a year i've had it going for a couple of months and it's only at 85% power lol.
    i highly recommend it.
    even has gaming customizations
  8. MajiinBuu

All you people with your fancy mouses ;)
    I'm using a cheap wireless mouse I bought from Walmart a while ago. It says "Rocketfish Nano."
    I use a rechargeable AA battery for it, it can go days without going dead.
    A mousepad? No I use whatever smooth surface I can find, like a book. Right now I'm using a small coffee table.
  9. Edel

Corsair Vengance M60. A really fantastic mouse. I've tried other weighted mice but changing the weights felt like it didnt change anything at all. This mouse has three weights spread out, so removing or adding them actually has a profound change on movement. It's got a nice shape and solid build quality with a metal skeleton inside. A great buy for 70$ for an 8 button mouse. (Which is more than enough for FPS)
  10. DashTech

@MajiinBuu: Your stats reflect why people buy fancy mice... :D

Microsoft/Razer Habu

Awaiting delivery of a new Func MS-3. It was that or the unadventurous Corsair M65, or the amazing-but-with-a-silly-shift-button-that-cannot-be-reassigned Kone XTD.

So I went with the odd-ball with the clean software UI. Might be disastrous... o_O
  11. MacG32

CM Storm Xornet
  12. VikingVR

lol, he deleted the character.

BTW, nice links MacG32.
    • Up x 1
  13. Kozmyk

I can't bring myself to trust the wireless feature of my mouse, I stay wired.
    Not that this mouse has ever let me down but previous experience has taught me that that battery will go flat when you least want it to.
    Fumbling around for a battery change is not conducive to hectic game scenarios.
    Sod's Law can be expected to apply here.
    • Up x 1
  14. Hrafnagaldr

SteelSeries Sensei Raw
  15. Mefi

A4Tech XL-730K
  16. Technologist

I use a Logitech G9x polling at 1000hz. Most people overlook the advantages of reducing lag from multiple locations. Most mice poll at 125hz. This is 8ms off added lag. This might be the time needed to get in one more shot and allowing you to win a firefight.

7ms gain.

My monitor is 2560x1440p and I have it overclocked to refresh at 130hz. This is a screen refresh rate of 1000ms / 130hz= 7.67ms

Compared to 60hz 1000ms / 60hz=16.66 ms refresh time I'm also gaining 10ms on my monitor.

My internet to the local hub has a 6-7ms ping and a 62mbps true speed. This will allow packets to complete 10-100ms faster then a slower connection.

My Graphics card is a GTX690 and with it's 512bit memory bus and 384 GB/sec memory bandwidth and 150Hz ave refresh rates I'm probably gaining 10-20ms over a slower GPU.

All this adds up and might allow me to get the drop on someone and fire off 3-7 shots before they can react. The point I'm making is that humans are capable of about 120ms reaction times. (Olympic 100 meter sprinters gate times and under.1 seconds is considered a false start) If you can tweak your system to give you an extra 30-50ms you might find your K/D ratio doubling.

Using a stock USB or wireless mouse at 125hz might effect your game play more then you think.
  17. DashTech

Got my Func MS-3 the other day. Feels lovely to hold, not for small handed people (or girls). Whilst it looks massive, it's just a bit fatter with the finger rests, which are very nice. You can hold it in any grip style, but it rewards the palm grip more.

That said, I can't hit the broad-side of a barn now. This seems to be down to the sensor placement, which is where you'd expect it, in the middle of the mouse. It's just my old mouse had the sensor low down in the palm area - hopefully I'll get used to it soon.
  18. InZanity

Logitech G5 (the blue one) and an Ulti-Mat silver mousepad
  19. Athanasius

Logitech G600. Originally bought for MMORPG games but the side buttons are awesome in all other games too. I have key weapons, grenade, special ability, spotting, interact, some VOIP binds etc on them.
  20. Athanasius

I was on an MX518 until the upgrade to G600. I just felt I needed more than two thumb buttons, and I was proven correct.

Oh, and I must say the max 8200 DPI on the G600 is wonderful. As such I have Planetside sensitivities all at 0.20 for quite a 'twitch' response, but can pretty much per-pixel aim AV turrets when I cycle down to 1200 DPI. I also have a 2400 DPI setting in the cycle for all other vehicle/turret aiming.