What kind of player are you?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SmegForBrains2, Jul 8, 2013.

1. SmegForBrains2

Throughout my time playing Planetside 2 I have discovered many play styles which one do you fit.

1. Kamikaze Kid: Always the first in and last out of the heat sometimes they get demolished, sometimes they get lucky and get group kills with C4. Mainly played as Light Assaults.

2. Johnny on the spot: Healing, reviving and supplying ammo keeping your allies topped not to fussed about dying often. Mainly played as Medics or Engineers.

3. Infiltrator: Sneaking into bases, hacking terminals, causing general mayhem and striking fear into players hearts shanking people in the back is your specialty. Mainly played as an Infiltrator.

4. Sharpshooter: Somewhere in the landscape you are perched taking well aimed shots at enemies keeping their shields down and annoying the hell out of the foe. Mainly played as an Infiltrator.

5. Pointman: You are the bane of infantry killing everyone in the base in your sites, your reactions are top notch and you can handle yourself in 1v1/1v2 situations. Mainly played as a Heavy Assault or MAX.

6. Top gun: Ace pilot who deals with ground vehicles, infantry and can hold their in dogfights with other ESF's. Mainly played as an Engineer or Light Assault.

7. Tank commander: Very proficient in any land vehicle can hit ESF's and Harrassers moving at full speed. Mainly played as an Engineer.

Type in the number of the play style(s) you think you fit and please feel free to suggest any more play styles if you think I missed out on any.
  2. The King

I'm 1 and 7...
    Pretty much can hit harassers without missing most of the time.
  3. NinjaTurtle

Mainly 1 and 2

I do play a bit of everything though
  4. Morti

8. All of the above

Except for 4. Distance sniping is garbage and accomplishes near nothing.
    • Up x 2
  5. pnkdth

1 through 5 here. Infantry player, through and through, decent in a tank and aircraft. However, like cats and water, I prefer having my feet firmly planted on the ground(unless I'm LA obviously :p).
  6. Kastrenzo

5 and 2 I guess
  7. theholeyone

9) Jihadist, will use any means to destroy critical targets.
    • Up x 1
  8. IamDH

5,6,7 are all i play
  9. Larolyn

Ditto. I am all over the place with my playstyle. Mainly heavy, engineer, tanker and infiltrator smg when I want to relax.

Though occasionally I switch to sniper just to out snipe the enemy snipers. Nothing I relish doing. Suppressive sniper fire is just annoying so I clear it out and get back to the real fun once it is over.
  10. KenDelta

From 1 till 7 , jack-of-all-trades , master of none(Master of 1st tho :<)
    • Up x 1
  11. RavingRabbids

2, 3, 4
    I've gotten pretty good with the infiltrator class almost always a kill with every shot.
  12. Sparks

Debatable, if you're distance sniping all the enemy engineers using AV turrets on the airpadd then it accomplishes something for your friendly tanks allowing them to push.

As for my type of player that's a mix between 2 and 6.
  13. Dingus148

10) Zergling - LIVE FOR THE SWARM
  14. NikkoJT

A terrible one.

Mostly I play 1, but if the squad's in a bad spot with no medics I'll go for 2.
  15. Sinoby

5,6(not really a top gun, but working on it) and a little bit of 7(I prefer to be a secondary gunner in the mbt or drive harassers)
  16. randalthorr

1 and 6.

I am also a stats chaser; pay attention to my KDR and go for medals.

I really wish SOE would do away with KDR, because I know for a fact that I would love and enjoy this game a whole lot more than I already do, if this stat was removed. However, when it is there on the screen, I find it hard to ignore and it affects my play style constantly.
    • Up x 2
  17. Bourepiff

1 and 2
    I play medic in the first line. I don't like sitting on my *** and waiting things to shoot. Nobody move, I go anyway, hopefully some budies will follow me, and sometimes they even follow before I die alone against a bullet wall. Leading by example, Healing my courageous fellow comrades behing a big rock with 6 ennmies behind it, reviving people in the middle of nowhere with 10 people shouting at me, that's what I like. I don't care if my K/D is nearly null because of my mad charges. (TR) Show must go on !
  18. Squirreli

If you only fit a single role in the OP's list, you probably have not played the game for long, as any experienced player will most likely pick the best available styles and roles suited to the situations (with personal preferences applying).

Personally I think I'm proficient with most TR tools in the game. I also lead squads and platoons quite a lot. In all honesty though, I usually leave the support roles to my outfit mates (infil, medic, combat engi, max, support vehicles) and concentrate on leading and fighting (LA, HA, ESF, prowler, lightning). I'm a bit prima donna that way, although I can and often do fill any role needed ;)
  19. Backf1re

1, 5 and 7.

7 is where I play most of the time, I can hit moving ESFs and low flying libs, the rest is as usual.
  20. KlyptoK